Morrissey Central "DAVID SOUL, RIP." (January 6, 2024)

DAVID SOUL, RIP.

c57e9741f27304d5a5852f7eb44c66aa2e249b92.jpg

As per Book Of Condolence thread yesterday.
FWD.

Thanks, I'll check it out! I was able to rent and watch the movie last night ($2.99 well spent). Of course, it's a bit dated but overall I enjoyed it. All the characters were well-cast. Especially loved David Soul and James Mason. Thanks all for the recommendation :thumbsup:
James Mason is fantastically sinister

Looks like the bird picture on the wall behind David is in this episode 19 from the first series of Starsky and Hutch (about 27:36) and later in the episode he's wearing that blue shirt.

Looks like the bird picture on the wall behind David is in this episode 19 from the first series of Starsky and Hutch (about 27:36) and later in the episode he's wearing that blue shirt...
Excellent sleuthing Jet. I loved S&H back in the day, but I was reminded when the remake came about the levels of violence dished up on a regular basis. Also all the cool US cars and chases made real life dull as dishwater here in the UK. I know we had the Sweeney etc but everything seemed cooler and more colourful in the US. Not having sh*t weather all the time probably helped.

If you like the book there is a good making of video on Youtube about the TV version with David Soul. It was a classic of its time. Other attempts were dreadful. There was also a recent film version, whose release date was shelved during the pandemic. It has never been released. Test audience reactions must have been bad.

This video was quite good. David shares stories about the making of Salem's Lot. Toward the end, he shares his thoughts on the Starsky & Hutch movie.

Last edited:
I'm 40 by the way. My hurling days are done.

Nah, don't give up. I'll be 44 next month. It's harder though all around, so I feel you.

Good luck!!!! There are so many seasons of life, not just the four during the calendar year. The key to it all is finding something worth getting excited about. One also needs to forgive.

Last edited:
You got the January blues or something 85?
It’s not like you to be this up beat😉

Anyhow, why not get tickets for the up coming Morrissey shows in the good olde USA, fly first class with BA, book into the most expensive hotel known to humanity, and just let your hair down.

What could possibly go wrong ?

You got the January blues or something 85?
It’s not like you to be this up beat😉

Anyhow, why not get tickets for the up coming Morrissey shows in the good olde USA, fly first class with BA, book into the most expensive hotel known to humanity, and just let your hair down.

What could possibly go wrong ?
That guy Jackson would probably turn up and ruin the night!

Excellent sleuthing Jet. I loved S&H back in the day, but I was reminded when the remake came about the levels of violence dished up on a regular basis. Also all the cool US cars and chases made real life dull as dishwater here in the UK. I know we had the Sweeney etc but everything seemed cooler and more colourful in the US. Not having sh*t weather all the time probably helped.
I can't take credit for sleuthing as it was the very first episode I looked at on YouTube! David addresses the question of on-screen violence in this interview with RTE. He seems very intelligent and charming.

Back
Top Bottom