Derby 06/12/83 running order

Old Mathew, your explanation makes a lot of sense. I knew there was a reason why I didn't adapt the setlist to the camera setlist. I remember studying the video and deciding on what was the definitive setlist.

As for people surprised that Rogan would have a setlist wrong: there are many many mistakes in his setlists. Most are based on bootlegs of shows, so they can be incomplete, in a mixed order, or incorrectly dated. I'm sure some of those mistakes are found in the setlists on "Passions Just Like Mine" as well. It's just that for some obscure shows, these are all we have. I probably have copies of 99.5% of all Smiths bootlegs out there, and I've listened and studied all of them, so the setlists on PJLM as still the closest to accuracy as possible.

As for the date being the 6th instead of the 7th, look at the ticket scan below.

Stephane

Thanks for clearing it up! :)

I'm actually revising my opinion on this one. I've had another look at I think "These Things Take Time" was played after "You've Got Everything Now", but the OGWT edited the footage. During "Hand In Glove" Morrissey is wearing necklaces and his shirt is half unbuttoned. During "These Things Take Time" he has no necklace and his shirt is completely unbuttoned. Then in YGEN his shirt is half-unbuttoned again, and he's wearing necklaces. At the end of the latter song we can see his shirt completely unbuttoned and he lost his necklaces in the melee. So it looks like TTTT came after YGEN.

So the band did follow the planned setlist, but the footage was re-edited. The only thing we don't know is whether they skipped the planned "Back To The Old House", or the song was played but not included in the broadcast.

I'll make the corrections to PJLM shortly.

Stephane

I'm actually revising my opinion on this one. I've had another look at I think "These Things Take Time" was played after "You've Got Everything Now", but the OGWT edited the footage. During "Hand In Glove" Morrissey is wearing necklaces and his shirt is half unbuttoned. During "These Things Take Time" he has no necklace and his shirt is completely unbuttoned. Then in YGEN his shirt is half-unbuttoned again, and he's wearing necklaces. At the end of the latter song we can see his shirt completely unbuttoned and he lost his necklaces in the melee. So it looks like TTTT came after YGEN.

So the band did follow the planned setlist, but the footage was re-edited. The only thing we don't know is whether they skipped the planned "Back To The Old House", or the song was played but not included in the broadcast.

I'll make the corrections to PJLM shortly.

Stephane

So my hunch was correct. I feel like Jesus.

Back
Top Bottom