does michael jackson derserve a little respect?

haven't been on this forum in a while, maybe that's a good thing! yes - MJ deserves respect. NOBODY has influenced music the way he has, his music was color-blind and loved by everybody around the world. And the amount of charity work and what he has given to charity is astounding. All the money he got from Pepsi injury went to charity. He was too easy of a target for being taken advantage of. He was odd, but not a monster.

I never cared for his music, and I never cared for him to be honest. His music and his life-style was always rather distant and I found it to be easily avoidable to be honest.

However, he never seemed nasty or evil, to me he always appeared somewhat troubled and awkwardly placed in society. He deserves respect as, despite it never touching me, his music truly changed particular parts of the industry and lives of millions.

It is a very sad case in which a troubled soul has passed away, I give all my respect to him and God rest.

Love PTxx.

I believe that he does. No matter what your personal opinion of him may be or whether you like his music or not or what you believe he may or may not have done, no one can deny the impact that the man had on music. He revolutionized music videos and gave so much to charities over the years. He donated his entire $1.5 million settlement from Pepsi to the hospital he received burn treatment from and also donated his entire proceeds from his "Victory" tour to charity. All of it. He also donated millions of dollars for famine relief in Africa.

Personally, I don't believe he was guilty of the child molestation charges. I think he was trying to reclaim the childhood that he was never allowed to have. I don't think his behavior was very healthy and it most definitely made him an easy mark for someone willing to use his eccentricities against him for financial gain. Speaking as someone who was sexually abused as a child, I would be one of the last people on Earth to defend a pedophile and I honestly don't think he was guilty of abusing children. Speaking as a parent, if my child had been abused and I knew it, I certainly wouldn't have been happy with a monetary settlement, no matter the amount. No amount of money is enough compensation for the amount of damage that can inflict upon a child.

Having said all that, I hope that Joseph Jackson gets nothing. I hope that he doesn't have the opportunity to pimp out Michael's children for his own financial gain. I hope that Michael finally has the peace that he so desperately searched for all his life.

twocents1237073290.gif

I believe that he does. No matter what your personal opinion of him may be or whether you like his music or not or what you believe he may or may not have done, no one can deny the impact that the man had on music. He revolutionized music videos and gave so much to charities over the years. He donated his entire $1.5 million settlement from Pepsi to the hospital he received burn treatment from and also donated his entire proceeds from his "Victory" tour to charity. All of it. He also donated millions of dollars for famine relief in Africa.

Personally, I don't believe he was guilty of the child molestation charges. I think he was trying to reclaim the childhood that he was never allowed to have. I don't think his behavior was very healthy and it most definitely made him an easy mark for someone willing to use his eccentricities against him for financial gain. Speaking as someone who was sexually abused as a child, I would be one of the last people on Earth to defend a pedophile and I honestly don't think he was guilty of abusing children. Speaking as a parent, if my child had been abused and I knew it, I certainly wouldn't have been happy with a monetary settlement, no matter the amount. No amount of money is enough compensation for the amount of damage that can inflict upon a child.

Having said all that, I hope that Joseph Jackson gets nothing. I hope that he doesn't have the opportunity to pimp out Michael's children for his own financial gain. I hope that Michael finally has the peace that he so desperately searched for all his life.

twocents1237073290.gif

very well said!

I believe death is sacred. No joking. It is serious business, yes?

I agree. I didn't even like the guy, but he was a human being and he was SO troubled. What a sad life. What a sad death.

I really can't laugh.

Yes, I think he deserves respect, of course he does!

I was just watching the evening news and they showed some footage from his rehearsal - he looked pretty good, healthy and fit. Be interesting to see what comes out in the 2nd autopsy.

Respect...?

Hell yes. He was the number one popstar until the mid 90'ies. Together with Madonna. A musical force you can't deny. His music video's were short movies you didn't go to bed for.

Some members on this board might dislike him or even disagree with his musical legacy (being cheap entertainment), that won't matter, the majority of people in the world are giving him a post praise he deserves. I agree. He deserves all the respect he gets right now. He had enough shit in his life to walk sour, but his musical legacy remaines undisputed. Long live the King of Pop. :thumb:

Last edited:
Respect...?

Hell yes. He was the number one popstar until the mid 90'ies. Together with Madonna. A musical force you can't deny. His music video's were short movies you didn't go to bed for.

Some members on this board might dislike him or even disagree with his musical legacy (being cheap entertainment), that won't matter, the majority of people in the world are giving him a post praise he deserves. I agree. He deserves all the respect he gets right now. He had enough shit in his life to walk sour, but his musical legacy remaines undisputed. Long live the King of Pop. :thumb:

Well said.

I totally agree.

twocents1237073290.gif

VERY VERY well said.

Is anyone watching the funeral? Is it over? I heard Stevie Wonder was there.

Tags
no.
Back
Top Bottom