does michael jackson derserve a little respect?

speedfreaks ball

psychobilly member
was never a big fan but , the guys not even buried and im sick and tired of all the futile childish jokes and comments going around, the man was still a real person and i think deserves a little more respect rather than being an easy target in death (very early death) just as he was in real life , mainly by the money and attention grabbers who called him a friend.

was never a big fan but , the guys not even buried and im sick and tired of all the futile childish jokes and comments going around, the man was still a real person and i think deserves a little more respect rather than being an easy target in death (very early death) just as he was in real life , mainly by the money and attention grabbers who called him a friend.

I was never a big fan either and I thought he was creepy but now I find the whole thing very sad.

I agree with you. Some of the stuff I've seen posted here in the last few days about Jackson has just been distasteful. I know it's a Morrissey site and not a Jackson one, but... come on, a bit of f***ing respect wouldn't go amiss.

You'll all be moaning about and sending death threats to anyone who makes a joke about Morrissey when he dies. Assuming anyone notices, that is.

It's nature to laugh and take the piss out of any situation......
When we are beseiged with wall to wall 24 hour ''breaking news'' coverage of any story, there is bound to be a comical side of a backlash.

Direspectful....maybe..... entertaining, certainly! it's hardly likely anyone closely affected comes on and reads this site.
If I pop my clogs tomorrow I hope people do take the piss..... I'd rather they be laughing at my demise than crying over it.

Jukebox Jury

It's nature to laugh and take the piss out of any situation......
When we are beseiged with wall to wall 24 hour ''breaking news'' coverage of any story, there is bound to be a comical side of a backlash.

Direspectful....maybe..... entertaining, certainly! it's hardly likely anyone closely affected comes on and reads this site.
If I pop my clogs tomorrow I hope people do take the piss..... I'd rather they be laughing at my demise than crying over it.
Jukebox Jury

But you still owe me that tenner! :tears::tears:;)

When he was young his talent shone, The Jackson 5, The Jacksons, The Off The Wall years and Thriller but after surgery he was a different man, so isolated and deformed.
Did you know that when he was with the Jacksons he fell off a stage and broke his nose, that led to it getting fixed, that genuinely went wrong so he had to be fixed again and he accident when his hair caught fire must of burnt his scalp and face, all this must have led to his messing with his appearence , cruel fate.

later on he became a joke. Watching those old videos "She's out of my life" made me remember what a handsome child and man he once was.

When he was young his talent shone, The Jackson 5, The Jacksons, The Off The Wall years and Thriller but after surgery he was a different man, so isolated and deformed.
Did you know that when he was with the Jacksons he fell off a stage and broke his nose, that led to it getting fixed, that genuinely went wrong so he had to be fixed again and he accident when his hair caught fire must of burnt his scalp and face, all this must have led to his messing with his appearence , cruel fate.

later on he became a joke. Watching those old videos "She's out of my life" made me remember what a handsome child and man he once was.

Yeah and falling off that stage clearly turned him white too, must have been the shock. :straightface:

My will has a short paragraph in it....

''Please leave a tenner behind the bar at The Museum for Brel to enjoy a couple of pints'':lbf:

JUkebox Jury

That leaves a fiver for the family then :thumb:

I agree with you. Some of the stuff I've seen posted here in the last few days about Jackson has just been distasteful. I know it's a Morrissey site and not a Jackson one, but... come on, a bit of f***ing respect wouldn't go amiss.

You'll all be moaning about and sending death threats to anyone who makes a joke about Morrissey when he dies. Assuming anyone notices, that is.
I think you need to listen to to "Chill Out".

Are you speaking about how he's being treated here (on this site) or in the media? I guess it depends where you are: the American media has been praising him extravagantly (and wrongly - like he was the first black artist that "white America" bought in a big way, the first to meld music and dance, the first black musician played on MTV - all inaccurate).

I'm not a fan of his music and he seemed quite a repellant person, so I guess I just don't understand.

God i totally agree and glad someopnes posted this. I tend to ignore the comments especially about the child abuse stuff because no one REALLY knows what happened so people should just shut up about it. And jokes about abusing kids seem to be the most popular - i dont know who looks worse from them jackson or the people laughing about something as serious as abuse. I totally believe that despite his strange actions the media just beat him to a pulp, yes he did at times instigate headlines himself but i think from his perpective things like money were never an issue as he got richer, if youve grown up becoming more and more famous like that how do you know any different?
also people tend to forget how much he did for charities and how many of his songs were dedicated to making the world better, i was talking to someone who said that his songs were cheesy crap but because he raised money for himself then provided for others i dont see the problem in that. People dont give enough nowadays because they are getting more and more selfish, we need more people like jackson to at least set an example. he didnt have to give that much to charity and sick children.
Its disheartening to see people dancing on his grave and still trying to suck life and money from a dead man.i read he gave all the proceeds from his last tour with jackson family to charity
the media havent given him a fare representation

I find it sad that people who were close to him are now using this opportunity to divulge details of his private life, i.e. Debbie Rowe. But as far as the jokes go, I don't see anything wrong with it. Very few things in life are so bad that you can't laugh at them. The death of a man who found himself in the center of constant media attention (often due to his own actions) while sad, is not one of those instances.

Hmmm

Well here we go...

I downloaded all of his music the other day and listened to a lot of it over the weekend. I can truly say that this was my generation's "elvis" if you will. However while it isn't anything that I would put in my car driving down to the beach I would be remiss to say that I do not recognize his contributions to music and why exactly he was that good.

From the Motown sound in the Jackson 5 recordings to recent work with Biggy Smalls in Invincible, Michael Jackson provided catchy, groove based sounds that people could jump around to on the dance floor. (If that is your thing.) To me it is a shame that his troubled personal life laid a shadow over his accomplishments as a musical artist and humanitarian. Personally I believe he was inappropriate with the first kid and not with the second. But as Pete Rose with baseball, that should not take away from his accomplishments in the field of music.

Michael Jackson deserves everyone's respect for making music what it is today. I personally believe that he has a slight influence in the majority of what is out there. From his ballads to his gritty pop he set the stage and example of what is being recorded.

Hmmm

Well here we go...

I downloaded all of his music the other day and listened to a lot of it over the weekend. I can truly say that this was my generation's "elvis" if you will. However while it isn't anything that I would put in my car driving down to the beach I would be remiss to say that I do not recognize his contributions to music and why exactly he was that good.

From the Motown sound in the Jackson 5 recordings to recent work with Biggy Smalls in Invincible, Michael Jackson provided catchy, groove based sounds that people could jump around to on the dance floor. (If that is your thing.) To me it is a shame that his troubled personal life laid a shadow over his accomplishments as a musical artist and humanitarian. Personally I believe he was inappropriate with the first kid and not with the second. But as Pete Rose with baseball, that should not take away from his accomplishments in the field of music.

Michael Jackson deserves everyone's respect for making music what it is today. I personally believe that he has a slight influence in the majority of what is out there. From his ballads to his gritty pop he set the stage and example of what is being recorded.

Well said.

I was a MJ fan growing up.

I'll never forget the year I asked for "Off the Wall" for Christmas.

Imagine my surprise when I opened Pink Floyd's "The Wall" on Christmas morning.
My Mom was never too good with details, but I did become a big PF fan.

His contribution to music is undeniable. I've listened to a lot of his stuff, and concluded that it wasn't really for me. As for his death though, I didn't know him and I'm really not arsed! The constant news coverage is boring the snot out of me as well.

There's always jokes about most famous people when they pop their clogs. More about MJ though...maybe that's because he talked like a shy 80-year-old woman and had a melted candle face! Gutted.

I don't think he did anything with either kid. I think he was the victim of greedy opportunistic parents willing to manipulate their children. I do think he behaved inappropriately with them but not sexually, more so behaved in ways that aren't acceptable social norm.

Tags
no.
Back
Top Bottom