Does Morrissey eat cheese?

Tottenham Tom

Prick up your ears!
I eat cheese. I love cheese in fact.

I've always felt I ought to be a vegetarian - especially considering the appalling treatment of animals bred for meat and fur etc.

Thing is... does morrissey eat cheese? I know that animals don't die to get cheese... but they can still be kept in pretty crappy conditions.

How can a veggie justify this? I'm all for vegetarianism and am envious of them, but I do feel that most people don't think of the dairy implications for convenience sake.... like...if I were veggie I'd probably still eat cheese... but I'd still feel guilty..... discuss....

TT

I recall a recent interview where he said he looks for vegetarian cheese, which is cheese that doesn't use animal rennet (an enzyme which is derived from the stomach tissue of a slaughtered calf) for fermentation.

Wouldn't that make him Vegan? which he is not

I know he's not Vegan... however what I'm saying is.... well...dairy cows can suffer too... I'm not sure ...f I were a vegetarian... my concience would get the better of me and I'd have to go "the full monty" and become a Vegan.

I didn't know you could vegetarian cheese though.... this might just tip me towards becomign vegetarian. I really wish I had the willpower to give up meat!!

TT

I eat cheese. I love cheese in fact.

I've always felt I ought to be a vegetarian - especially considering the appalling treatment of animals bred for meat and fur etc.

Thing is... does morrissey eat cheese? I know that animals don't die to get cheese... but they can still be kept in pretty crappy conditions.

How can a veggie justify this? I'm all for vegetarianism and am envious of them, but I do feel that most people don't think of the dairy implications for convenience sake.... like...if I were veggie I'd probably still eat cheese... but I'd still feel guilty..... discuss....

TT
What a confusing and contradictory post. So you're not a vegetarian, you do eat meat, you feel guilty because of it and you envy the vegetarians (why don't you just become one then?)...but you still think that you have the right to criticize vegetarians for not being vegans? :confused: :rolleyes:

animals do die for cheese, of course. because cows only give milk when they're pregnant and the babies, of course, are eaten because we want the milk that was theirs...
nevertheless, being vegan is extremely complicated in our society, at least in many countries - don't know about england - it seems to be much more of a known term there than for example where I live in austria.
I was vegan for about 3 years and not only did I end up with deficiencies and was extremely tried all day long - but it was also hard to get anything to eat in restaurants. so I gave it up and I'm glad (and no longer tired!)
I believe - in our present society where 98% of the people eat meat - it is sufficient to be vegetarian. just buy organic cheese and eggs - of course. don't ever buy those horrible battery eggs!

isn't morrissey vegan these days?

In a GQ interview about a year ago he ordered a welsh rarebit aka cheese on toast so I think that clears that one up...

In a GQ interview about a year ago he ordered a welsh rarebit aka cheese on toast so I think that clears that one up...

on wikipedia and many other sites it says that he's currently vegan.
well, I never really believed that. like I said - it's too complicated.
especially in rome. I was there last year - and who could serioulsy resist the wonderful pizza? (always topped with mozzarella of course)

I recall a recent interview where he said he looks for vegetarian cheese, which is cheese that doesn't use animal rennet (an enzyme which is derived from the stomach tissue of a slaughtered calf) for fermentation.

All cheese produced in the UK has to by law use vegetarian rennet.
BEWARE however of french cheeses or canadian cheddar.

As always, check the label and if it doenst say ok for veggies then leave it.

I LOVE cheese, (strict 'militant' veggie) i dont have milk anymore rice/oat milk instead, and i dont have many if at all things with milk in except cheese, if we had a good shop nearby that did good vegan cheese then i'd swap tomorrow, but we dont and i cant live without cheese.

You can't do everything. No matter what you do there will be someone who is doing more than you and pointing an accusing finger. I don't think vegetarians should feel guilty for not being vegan.

If you feel guilty about eating the corpse of an animal that's suffered right to the end then you're on the right tracks. Simply don't eat it anymore. DO NOT EAT IT. Simple

You can't do everything. No matter what you do there will be someone who is doing more than you and pointing an accusing finger. I don't think vegetarians should feel guilty for not being vegan.

I agree! As a vegetarian, I have to pick and choose my battles as to what I will/won't eat or wear. I don't eat meat, but I have leather shoes. I would wear vegan shoes if I could afford them or another shoe type if I could find something that was the same quality as the leather shoes I have. I have been looking for alternative footwear and clothing that won't come from animals. I hope to one day be 100% animal free in everything I do/wear, but until then Ill spend money on leather shoes once every year or so (not so bad). I also eat cheese, its delicious!!! :)

I'm eating cheese right now. It's shaped like a fish. It's very good...Morrissey should try some.

The thing is (I`m veggie not vegan),if the whole world stopped diary there would be no cows bred.Its hard to do everything.I have such a busy life,work,kids etc that to spend my life looking for soya substitutes would be expensive and rather pointless.There`s milk in pretty much everything.However if you buy organic you know the cows have a natural life.
Morrissey does wear leather which I`ve never understood.But I`m not going to say anything against him for that.Love him too much.

well, there are some very delicious soy cheeses - not many - but tofutti cream cheese is actually better than real cream cheese. I still order those, even thow they cost 4 times more than normal cream cheese.
also tofutti sour cream is exactly like the real thing.

there's also a book called "the ultimate uncheese cookbook" - can find it on amazon, it's really good.

and there's soy joghurts and soy cooking cream and soy milk and icecream in most supermarkets these days.

I never thought cooking vegan was any hassle or in any way complicated. only going out is pathetic. I would have liked to stay vegan - it wasn't hard at all - except for the fatigue issue. that was the only reason I stopped doing it.

don't know if it's really healthy. the other vegans I know swear by it and are convinced they are eating the heathiest diet on earth. I also know a couple of vegan babies. and they're really alright and have no problems.
don't know why - but for me it didn't work out - I was definitely missing something.

Well he was eating an ice-cream on the sleeve of ITFWAW

Back
Top Bottom