Does your taste in music get mocked alot?

Morrissey - "miserable, emo, moody, arrogant bastard"

The Smiths - "Johnny Marr was the only talent and now he is shit"

New York Dolls - "Rolling Stones wannabes...Shite band"

Tegan & Sara - "wow, hot lesbian twins...their music is ok BUT wow lesbian!"

Joy Division - "Are you planning to kill yourself?"

New Order - "eurgh, they're shitter than JD"

REM - "Great songs but why does that guy with THAT voice have to sing?"

The Specials - "Haha, boring"

Yup, I do get mocked!

Love PTxx.

I love Moz and Joy Division, so im miserable and planning on killing myself

lol :D

PT..wait till your band starts recording demos and playing out shows and your band gets mocked or ridiculed. That hurts and frustrates even more.

I am ready for it. We have a few recording sessions lined up this summer as we shall have all finished school.

My band, 'Oi! Bulldog' is ready for the shit but can see the light beggining to emerge at the end of a long tunnel!

Love PTxx.

Former metalhead/current punk rawker here - yes, I've been teased about my newfound Morrissey fetish MERCILESSLY and I DON'T CARE! Hell, man, I've managed to turn a few folks onto the Mozfather. 'Tis a beautiful thing!

Who cares what others think lol

I only care about what I like when it comes to music. <3

Most of those people who mock or criticize my music do it because they are ignorant about it, they only know what MTV and radio stations feed to them... so f***'em!

Who cares what others think lol

I only care about what I like when it comes to music. <3

Most of those people who mock or criticize my music do it because they are ignorant about it, they only know what MTV and radio stations feed to them... so f***'em!

Dude, you know you <3 Justin Timberlake.

Mocking is rare, the most popular response seems to be "Who?"

My favourite artists are morrissey, the smiths, joy division, rage against the machine, tool, manic street preachers, Depeche mode, radiohead, editors, bjork

But i get constantly told that that my bands are "emo" and i have no taste whatsoever. How do I get people to shut up.

Why do you care? Just ignore them, if they've got nothing better to do than criticise your music taste then more fool them.

I personally think "emo" is the stupidest term ever invented.

It actually did mean something originally but now its been sweep up by the mainstream and people use the term interchangeably with punk and indie. Although usually the bands (or people) these idiots call "emo" are neither punk nor indie whatsoever.

Last edited:
I personally think "emo" is the stupidest term ever invented.

It actually did mean something originally but now its been sweep up by the mainstream and people use the term interchangeably with punk and indie. Although usually the bands (or people) these idiots call "emo" are neither punk nor indie whatsoever.

I love the word "emo." i use it all the time, like...

"omg, i feel so emo today and I don't know why."

"dude, quit being so emo."

"so i got drunk last night and got all emo."

I think it should be allowed in scrabble too.

People always mock my love for the smiths and Morrissey - I dont care!
I got told i listen to the smiths so much i'm starting to think i'm Morrissey *wishes it was true* :lbf:

I get made fun of for my taste in music a lot.
People think I have a gay obsession with Morrissey :/
also, people think its weird for liking, 50s music and early female pop singers.
it happens, I really don't have the time to listen to the big radio hits.

my friend and I though are obsessed with the Cure and we always sing the Cure together, but then we get mocked a lot.
:/

I do the mocking. The people I hang around listen to generic Melodic Death Metal and Novelty music (the norm of the mmorpg masses), or musical abortions like this, so they don't have any room to talk:

I don't mind some Melo Death Metal, but really, Brokencyde?

Last edited by a moderator:
It does get mocked sometimes, mostly because people have never heard of the bands I like. I don't care though. This year, I've seen so many of my favourite bands and if they were more popular and were playing bigger venues, I may not have been able to see them because of the cost.
Most of the bands I've seen this year, none of my friends have heard of but I've still managed to get someone to go with me to the gigs. I paid for my friend to see Howling Bells with me, I saw Bat For Lashes on my own and I paid for my boyfriend to see Lily Allen, Morrissey, Patrick Wolf and Manic Street Preachers - and he admitted to having a good time at all of the gigs!

Oh also, I get mocked for not knowing any mainstream Top 40 stuff.
Something would come on the radio and my friend would go "Ooh I love this song!" and I'd say I'd never heard it before and people would be like "Oh my god! You've never heard this song before? What about *other song by same artist*? No?!"
I just don't listen to the radio I'm afraid.

I find it more amusing when a get the piss took out of me often refered to as an old person trapped in a younger persons body, " you have a forty year olds taste" and a curled brow when i put him on the jukebox. Good Times and more fool them.

Had to do a talk about morrrissey to which the onlookers where like errgh but i printed of sheet lyrics and they where really receptive, but when you put morrisseys name in the loop with the lyrics they where even more addled because they liked the lyrics. But give in to the medias perception of morrissey.

Silly people.

I love the word "emo." i use it all the time, like...

"omg, i feel so emo today and I don't know why."

"dude, quit being so emo."

"so i got drunk last night and got all emo."

I think it should be allowed in scrabble too.

You are a genius.

Tags
jealousy
Back
Top Bottom