Don't forget the Radio 2 show tonight

Uncleskinny

It's all good
Subscriber
Here. I'll be recording this directly to MP3 nd will upload it as soon as I can, via Sendspace, or something like that. It's a two-parter, and each part over an hour.

Peter

Just been mucking around with the settings on the recorder, and at a reasonable gain and bitrate, the whole show should be about 19mb to 20mb, which isn't too bad. A little higher and the file size is too large, lower and the quality drops off quickly, so we'll see what happens.

Peter

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/documentaries/

am having to listen online as I couldn't find the wires for the old transistor radio. Mark Simpson, and some Buzzcocks bloke talking in the first few minutes. Sounds very interesting though :)

Last edited:
I listened in my bedroom, staring at a framed picture of the man himself, breaking into song when they played them between the voxpops. My housemates were downstairs watching some mindless drivel on TV. They clearly think I am insane, but we know better don't we my dears?

Peter, I look forward to downloading this once it's ready - you are a star for doing it. Thank you.

And if you follow Grims linky you can listen to it over and over again ..... :)

Just been mucking around with the settings on the recorder, and at a reasonable gain and bitrate, the whole show should be about 19mb to 20mb, which isn't too bad. A little higher and the file size is too large, lower and the quality drops off quickly, so we'll see what happens.

Peter

When I first asked Pete to record it for me, as I was due to be out of the house on Sat evening, I had in mind the use of one of those cassette-thingys, and what Grim calls a transistor radio - oh, how naive of me...

Cheers Pete...perhaps I should have known not to ask a scientist!

There's parts of Yorkshire still waiting for electricity, you know....yes, yes, I'm going back to my cave...

Solid, well researched, like Maconie's narration, interested to hear Willy Russell (got One Summer on DVD a while back- it hasn't lost any of its pathos or wit, fantastic), didn't set me alight but then I'm a wet blanket. I thought it was going to concentrate more on his solo career- most of the hour was spent on The Smiths- I realise that's, like, where he started out n all but presumably the next 17 years will be condensed into an hour's listening next week..mmmm. Paul Morley came out with some wonderfully flattering comments & some weird stuff about Morrissey being jealous of Johnny getting any attention- there may be some truth in it but in a far more complex way than the slightly bitchy manner Morley presented it. Did enjoy, in spite of my negative attitude..

The funniest bit was when Morley was saying Morrissey was the first blogger. He always has to shoehorn some popular cultural reference in to make what he's talking about "relevant". I bet he was gutted he couldn't find some parallel to Big Brother. He's like a past it Dad desperately trying to be "with it". And I have no doubt he didn't know Morrissey and Johnny well enough to know if either of them were jealous of the other.

The funniest bit was when Morley was saying Morrissey was the first blogger. He always has to shoehorn some popular cultural reference in to make what he's talking about "relevant". I bet he was gutted he couldn't find some parallel to Big Brother. He's like a past it Dad desperately trying to be "with it". And I have no doubt he didn't know Morrissey and Johnny well enough to know if either of them were jealous of the other.

Ha! You're right there about Morley- he's a bit of a saddo rock journalist at heart who just wants to be quoted on a dust jacket. Liked the way he placed himself at the centre of the scene, making childish comments on some loser's footwear..will resist comment about shoe being on other foot etc, won't kick a man when he's down etc Have also had enough of Preston now thanks..

Paul Morley can really talk out of his arse sometimes. How the hell would he know if Morrissey was jealous of attention Johnny got?! :rolleyes: Oh yes, it must be because Morrissey was so jealous that he decided to leave the band... wait a moment, Morrissey wasn't the one who did that... :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom