7 ages of rock..don't forget!

I don't want to come across like Student Grant but no mention of the early 80s post-punk stuff such as Ornage Juice, Fire engines, Josef K etc.

a skirting of other 80s indie bands such as the Weding Present, The Fall (no Primitives for example yet "Crash" isan example of when indie went overground.)

No mention of MBV, Ride shoegazing which some would argue was blur's major influence rather than the "baggy sound."

Not even Neds, Wonder Stuff Stourbridge stuff.

If I lived in Camden the programme would have evoked happy memories but I didn't. And then that Bur v Oasis rubbish thing. Stopped watching at the point of the battle for number 1 and Wonderwall. Take it I didn't miss much. It was also quite late due to that great gig finishing late (Daily Mail readers go to Wembley to celebrate the People's Princess. Are people plainly thick?)

Take it I didn't miss much. Franz bloke sounded like super 80s indie fan and

Pete Doherty singing Jeane's praises while a tad worse for wear was a nice touch though. "Ice on the sink where we bathe, so how can you call this home when you know its a grave." And then he goes "wheress that from?" Um isn't that like whatyour crack-addled life is now Pete? when not slipping Kate Moss a length.

I quite enjoyed it all to be honest. The whole Blur vs Oasis thing wasn't that bad, mainly cos Blur were better hands down and Noel can't accept it! Oasis should have just quit after Whats the Story? (Morning Glory) or Knebworth gig!

Oh and when The Libertines started playing The Guns of Brixton in one of the guerllia (can't spell) gigs
in their flat as the police came up the stairs! Genius!

Last edited:
I think the whole series has been brilliant. It's time more programmes like that were on TV. This one was of course the best, not only the Smiths but were also reminded of the brilliance of the Stone Roses. They talk about Liverpool and London but all the best bands in my opinion have come out of Manchester.

does anyone have this uploaded, youtubed..anything? :(

Help - I was away and my recorder failed (power cut I think) does anyone have this programme they can copy for me (I cant find anyplace with it uploaded). Please pm me.

Would anyone here happen to know where I could download, like a .mov or .avi file of the episode w/REM?? Me being in the US, we didn't get to see this. Any help is appreciated! Thanks

Back
Top Bottom