Edinburgh Playhouse, 02/02/08!

Kilt Uncle

It's all over and what a great gig it was. How soon is now was incredible and Death of a disco dancer was amazing. Lots of chat between song - and Moz told the crowd that he was very proud of The Smiths songs, but could people stop buying them because money was going 'that' drummer..:)

I don't know where they get the security for the Playhouse gigs, i reckon they must hire monkeys from the Zoo and strategically shave them to look almost human. It's times like these in your life where you almost slaver at the mouth at the thought of gouging out their eyeballs with your thumbs, shitting in their eye sockets, and writing a condolence note on the torn flesh to the dead Apes family in the mongaloids own blood.

It was a great night though..:)

It's all over and what a great gig it was. How soon is now was incredible and Death of a disco dancer was amazing. Lots of chat between song - and Moz told the crowd that he was very proud of The Smiths songs, but could people stop buying them because money was going 'that' drummer..:)

Yeouch. Poster child for sour grapes, it seems.

I don't know where they get the security for the Playhouse gigs, i reckon they must hire monkeys from the Zoo and strategically shave them to look almost human. It's times like these in your life where you almost slaver at the mouth at the thought of gouging out their eyeballs with your thumbs, shitting in their eye sockets, and writing a condolence note on the torn flesh to the dead Apes family in the mongaloids own blood.

That was poetic!

Morrissey kept going over and trying to pull people on stage when the security guys were trying to keep order. A larger gentleman got the cheer of the night by getting on stage. Giant haystacks had f**k -all on this guy..:)

Edinburgh gig was mad

Just back from the edinburgh Playhouse. Morrissey was on top form and the security were struggling to keep the audience of the stage. It was quite funny as the security was taking somebody away there was another trying to get on to the stage and another and another at the same time. When Morrissey played F.O.T.G.T.D as the encore i thought there was going to be a full scale stage invasion. The funny thing was it was an all seated arena. Good times to be had.:guitar:

Re: Edinburgh gig was mad

It was great, but we should have rushed the stage and killed the security guys by ripping their limbs off. Man i HATE those guys.

It was great though..:)

Been to see Moz about 30 times and that was the best :)

i managed to get on stage!!! well almost, some bouncer dragged me to the floor but Moz still skook my hand, bouncers were wankers!!!!!

i saw them acutally punch a guy off the stage!!!! :tears:

wankers!!!!!!!

Glasgow boy xxxxx

I was at the gig tonite and it was amazing I have to say. Seen Moz about 8 or 9 times before, and this was a real cracker. Thought 'Please, Please, Please' was the most moving song I've heard so far to be honest.

Loved to see so many people getting on stage and to touch Mozzer's hand - he loves it, you can see that. As soon as even the biggest (and there were a few hefty punters up there tonite) folks get to shake his hand they leave the stage - so where's the threat?!

Only bummer was I was outside the Playhouse earlier and I met Boz off the tourbus and asked if he could pass on something to Morrissey for me and he said "I don't pass on things". Nice. I'd been there for 5 hours in the cold.

So old Boz doesn't pass things?

He must be bursting for a shite!

My favourite comment of the night was "You are all getting a little bit frisky - is that because you are thinking of the chippy?!"

F**king magic.

Then a big lump of a bloke stage dived up there. Quite appropriate.

I was at the gig tonite and it was amazing I have to say. Seen Moz about 8 or 9 times before, and this was a real cracker. Thought 'Please, Please, Please' was the most moving song I've heard so far to be honest.

Loved to see so many people getting on stage and to touch Mozzer's hand - he loves it, you can see that. As soon as even the biggest (and there were a few hefty punters up there tonite) folks get to shake his hand they leave the stage - so where's the threat?!

Only bummer was I was outside the Playhouse earlier and I met Boz off the tourbus and asked if he could pass on something to Morrissey for me and he said "I don't pass on things". Nice. I'd been there for 5 hours in the cold.

what a wank!!!! where would he be without us?????

great gig, i'm sitting here in shock, the crowd and Moz were on top form.

shame about the bouncers, at least i touched the man!!:)

i have the bruises to prove it!!!!!

lol! That big guy just heard the word 'chips' and went slightly mad with the hunger..:)

what a wank!!!! where would he be without us?????

I couldn't belive it. I think the drummer (who was right behind him) thought Boz was being a bit out of order, and he gave me a bit of a look - but what can you do? I've been a fan of this guy for years. I just went 'Okay, totally understand, thanks anyway'.

:D:DJust got back, what a night. I can not believe myself! I got to the front and i was hanging over the edge and i passed out during Tomorrow , when i woke up they were dragging me away with some stregnth i managed to fight them off and go over to Moz. I put out my hand and so did Moz:D:D I was so delighted, the look on his face was priceless. I think he may have been pissed off that i got draged out for no reason he looked almost proud of me. I don't know if anyone else seen my golden moement- I'm small, have red hair and had a pink cardy on;). I then tried to get back to my spot by draaging myself across the floor but it didn't work. So i then got back to my seat just as Moz jucked his shirt near me, so i grabbed a bit and waited to the bitter end and got a bit. I'm so happy:D:D Simply a dream come true- and now i don't want to wash my hand. That Moment when i held hands with moz and when we looked at each other was the best moement of my life:D

Last edited:
we'll post you tubes tomorrow maybe.

cheese on toast should not be made in the microwave. oh ffs

Large chap who got on stage here! very sore jaw this morning, bouncers were animals!! worth it though. Although to be fair to the guy that cracked me twice in the jaw, drag me along the stage and push me off the end of it he did shout me back to give me my glasses back, strange man.

Was in the balcony, took 92 photos and a couple of vids, will see what good ones come out, can someone on here post em up for me?If i send them to you!
Would like to see some of them good sizes.
Im sure i saw you sweet and tender hooligan on stage, loudest roar of the night , lucky bugger.
Met Girlunafraid and the girl from germany too, what a night.
Wee lad about 10 and his mum sitting next to me, he had a mozza style hairdo, knew all the words, well done to his mum for bringing him up like that lol.

:D:DJust got back, what a night. I can not believe myself! I got to the front and i was hanging over the edge and i passed out during Tomorrow , when i woke up they were dragging me away with some stregnth i managed to fight them off and go over to Moz. I put out my hand and so did Moz:D:D I was so delighted, the look on his face was priceless. I think he may have been pissed off that i got draged out for no reason he looked almost proud of me. I don't know if anyone else seen my golden moement- I'm small, have red hair and had a pink cardy on;). I then tried to get back to my spot by draaging myself across the floor but it didn't work. So i then got back to my seat just as Moz jucked his shirt near me, so i grabbed a bit and waited to the bitter end and got a bit. I'm so happy:D:D Simply a dream come true- and now i don't want to wash my hand. That Moment when i held hands with moz and when we looked at each other was the best moement of my life

Hi there,

I'm so happy for you. I was the girl sitting next to you at the start of the gig. I'm glad you got a place near the front. I decided just to stay where I was because the isle was filling up pretty fast and I would have just ended up being further way.

Thanks again for the directions to the Merchandise. I managed to get a couple of T-shirts in my size before they were all sold out.

It was a great gig. I'm glad you enjoyed it too. Take care :)

we'll post you tubes tomorrow maybe.

cheese on toast should not be made in the microwave. oh ffs

I thought it was an amazing gig. Odd that the first stage inavsion came when he was singing "Paris" was not expecting that at all. I have a video of "all you need is me" when he is dancing with that present - books I think and the stage invasion at the end but they are too big for Youtube. Any ideas on how to make them smaller? A girl I met in London, Jenna is in the last one. She had already got a handshake when she nearly got on stage and hung onto the monitor for dear life and this bouncer was trying to get her off but she wouldn't let go. She got on at the encore and got up for a hug with Moz. It was a total riot!!

If you have been pushed/shoved/abused by venue staff you might have a little sympathy for my cause.

I will post a new thread on this in the main forum.

This is a copy of the email i have just sent to Johnny, who was beaten up by venue staff at the Doncaster concert:

I heard about your experience at The Dome in Doncaster on Wednesday. I was rather concerned about it.

Having just read your thread on Morrissey-solo, I'm glad to see that you're ok!

I was at the Edinburgh show and I was appalled to see young ladys, of around 5 ft pushed off the edge of the stage by the venue's security staff (and obviously injured).

Although there is not much you can do about the incident that you were in at the Dome (unless you find a wittness who saw the bouncer punch you), we may be able to change the law

I run my own club night in Newcastle and have been concerned about this kind of thing for some time now.

After seeing those guys in Edinburgh and after reading your story, I am going to begin lobbying the government for a change in the law.

I believe that the bands/record company should provide security for their live performance NOT the venue.

Back
Top Bottom