Films: Opening Scenes

Re: Films: Opening Scenes...

And if you love "feel good movies," this is a must see!

Last edited by a moderator:

Great thread idea!

I'll have to think about this. Off the top of my head, I love this opening scene. Sets the tone for the film. And tells a great deal about the central characters.

Great thread idea!

I'll have to think about this. Off the top of my head, I love this opening scene. Sets the tone for the film. And tells a great deal about the central characters.

I haven't seen that one in years. Always loved it.

And thanks!

Yeah, me too.

Have not seen the two films you posted clips of. :(

I don't think Bad Santa could be even be called a "film," but I do love the opening scene - and there are several good lines in the movie.

God Bless America is really NOT a feel good movie at all! Dark humor at its darkest.

And if you love "feel good movies," this is a must see!

Oh.My.Gawd! Oh a dream. Haha!

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think Bad Santa could be even be called a "film," but I do love the opening scene - and there are several good lines in the movie.

God Bless America is really NOT a feel good movie at all! Dark humor at its darkest.

I think I will have to watch God Bless America. Loved BBT in Sling Blade.

- - - Updated - - -

Always puts me in the Christmas spirit...

:lbf: Hilarious!

Indiana Jones is one of my fave film characters. This scene is a classic...

From another of my fave films, maybe my favorite film...

From Herzog's, Aguirre, Wrath of God. This film was made in 1972. What you are seeing is real. No CGI or other special effects...

From West Side Story. Love this opening scene...

Thanks for posting 'Aguirre, Wath of God' Realitybites. I have been wanting to see this for a long time. The closest i got is when a local university played it one night at a downtown theater for a film study class several years ago. It was even to include a discussion afterwards . Sadly I had to miss the showing. I always assumed it was in Spanish . .

Thanks for posting 'Aguirre, Wath of God' Realitybites. I have been wanting to see this for a long time. The closest i got is when a local university played it one night at a downtown theater for a film study class several years ago. It was even to include a discussion afterwards . Sadly I had to miss the showing. I always assumed it was in Spanish . .

You are welcome. Have you tried your library? It is a critically acclaimed movie, so it may have it on DVD. Or maybe you could get it through an inter-library loan. I hope you get to see it.

Orson Welles to the rescue:

One of the more memorable opening scenes in recent cinema - Werckmeister Harmonies comes to mind:

along with The Conversation:

Back
Top Bottom