German venue help please!

The flights are quite cheap to all the cities so the decider is going to be the venue I reckon. Are there any all standing or non-arena type places? Which is smallest?
Thanks

I'm after the same answer!
Booking our flights tonight - Manchester to Berlin (£66), returning from Hamburg via Dublin (£10) and then Manchester (£20). Round trip of less than £100 - Cheap as chips! Just need to sort the train between Berlin and Hamburg.

As I put in an earlier thread, Stanstead is cheaper to fly from, but now we dont have the four hour each way drive, petrol and parking fees added on too.

The Goat

If you work out the trains I'd like to know too as I'm still between working out which of these I can feasibly get to.

As far as I know, all venues are a mix of standed and seated areas. If you want to be in front of the stage ( standing), you have to chose "Innenraum".

Hamburg - Colour Line - about 12000
Berlin - Arena - about 5000
Frankfurt - Jahrhunderhalle - about 4800
Düsseldorf - Phillipshalle - about 4500

can't say anything about Munich......and sorry if it's not 100% correct

Last edited:
Trains Berlin to Hamburg

Just gone on line and checked one travel agency.
Trains between Berlin and Hamburg take less than two hours, run very frequently and are advertised at around £48.
That is with a travel agency so I have emailed a German friend to ask him to get details of how much they cost direct from the station as they will be cheaper.

The Goat

PS Yes thought about Blackpool, will have a look.

I just bought my ticket for Munich today and it's all standing. I can't say anything about the capacity but it looks quite huge as well. Who on earth booked all those large venues? :confused:

Hello friends,

maybe I can help you! I live in Germany and I know most of the venues he is playing in December!
In Dusseldorf the capacity is about 8.000, a few seat in the back in the sides! The Phillipshalle is one of the oldest Venues and it is really terrible! He was there at his concert in December 1992. It was nearly sold out.

In Hamburg the venue I know too. It is a very modern one, the upper circle is not buyable because it is closed at this night. So the capacity will be about 4000! And I think Hamburg will be sold out.

In Frankfurt the Jahrhunderthalle is a venue for classical music! Capacity is about 3000, mostly seated, but only with chairs which are moveable!

Sorry about Munich and Berlin - I don't know this ones!

If You need held with your traveling through Germany contact me!

Best regards,
steven

Think I have decided on Frankfurt as it has the cheapest flights. Will they definitely take the chairs out? Any help much appreciated as to hotels and directions from airport etc. Is the venue in the centre of town?
Thanks

Hi,

regarding Frankfurt:
be sure you get off "Frankfurt Airport" :)

(unless you want to take 100 km bus ride from Frankfurt/Hahn :eek: )

How to get there
the venue is at a suburb, called Frankfurt-Höchst

(just translating from http://www.jahrhunderthalle.de/anfahrt/index.aspx, haven't been there myself)

Taxi: 15 min from Airport Frankfurt, say "Zur Jahrhunderthalle, bitte"

Public Transport: check www.rmv.de

(be careful that you change at "Bahnhof Höchst" or "Höchst Bahnhof ",
not at the station where the workers of the former factory "Hoechst" got off, called "Hoechst Werksgelände" or somesuch
The difference? "oe"=bad middle of nowhere,
ö = o umlaut= good)

Want to see where your seat is?
http://www.jahrhunderthalle.de/veranstaltungen/saalplan.aspx

Huge pics from the promo shoot in rome (You all know them, but probably not THAT big)
here: http://www.mlk.com/presse.html?branch=/Morrissey 2006
(concert agency site)

See you in Frankfurt
Quiffaa

Last edited:
I know I say this every time but...am I the only Morrissey fan who isn't rich?!

:weeps:

Ich denke, dass die Deutschen mich fördern sollten, um nach Deutschland zu reisen! Sie sollten erfreut sein, dass ich Ihre Sprache lerne! :D ;)

Ja..?

Last edited:

No you're not! I'm not rich just stupid with my plastic where Moz is concerned. Here's hoping he does nothing else for at least 2 years then I might get a chance to pay them off!

No you're not! I'm not rich just stupid with my plastic where Moz is concerned. Here's hoping he does nothing else for at least 2 years then I might get a chance to pay them off!

Ahaha. They won't give me credit cards anymore :D

And how do you all get time off your jobs?! I am just. So. Jealous!

Haha as you can probably tell, I'm trying to pursuade the German community on this board that they should want to sponsor 'a lowly English girl who loves their mother tongue' to erm...go watch Morrissey and bellow "Ich liebe dich!!". Highly educational and surely the building blocks for continued friendly relations between our two countries...haha :D

Absolutely not. It's just that all those cheap airlines and everything create this illusion that you can actually afford going to Germany without thinking twice about it. I almost brought the ticket to Berlin before being reminded by my boyfriend about all extra costs that I haven't considered (trains, hotels etc), and once I did a thorough calculation I realized that I would be spiraling into more debt then I can afford so I gave up.

Still makes me sad though. I should leave this forum and live in oblivion thinking that he never does gigs anywhere anymore ...

What do you mean? Is there more than 1 airport?
Thanks

from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankfurt-Hahn_Airport
Frankfurt-Hahn Airport (German: Flughafen Frankfurt-Hahn) (IATA: HHN, ICAO: EDFH) is an airport located near the towns of Kirchberg (10 km) and Simmern (20 km) ....

Despite its name, the airport is situated over 130 km (by road)to the west of the city of Frankfurt.
The airport can be easily reached by car. An hourly bus service runs from Frankfurt/Main central railway station (Hauptbahnhof) via Frankfurt International Airport Terminal 1 [the big real one], taking about 1.5 hours. There are also buses every two hours between Frankfurt-Hahn and the closest main railway station located in Mainz (60 km away), served by trains to and from many parts of Germany. Other buses connect Hahn to the main railway station in Cologne (Köln). There are vast parking facilities at the airport, which are linked by shuttle bus to the terminal. There is no direct railway connection to the airport."

Hahn does some cheap flights (ryan..)

British Airline say they offer a Manchester/real Frankfurt at 49€ish

Not that I want to help any of you get there ( ;) ), but last time I went to Germany, I flew with Hapag Lloyd Express. They were amazingly cheap, no delays either way, perfect. Also, their sickbags are emblazoned with "Vielen Dank fuer Ihre Kritik", which amused me endlessly :rolleyes: :D

I think the web address is hlx.com

from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankfurt-Hahn_Airport
Frankfurt-Hahn Airport (German: Flughafen Frankfurt-Hahn) (IATA: HHN, ICAO: EDFH) is an airport located near the towns of Kirchberg (10 km) and Simmern (20 km) ....

Despite its name, the airport is situated over 130 km (by road)to the west of the city of Frankfurt.

Who'd have guessed. Thanks a lot! Changed my mind anyway - Have you seen the size of the orchestra pit on the floor plan? Think I'll pay a bit more & go direct to Berlin.

Back
Top Bottom