Harry Styles wears Morrissey in 2022/23 tour footage

From MOZZER1997:

Just today noticed Harry Styles in MOZZER tour shirt from his recent 2022/23 world tour

full

He writes, sings, plays guitar, plays the piano and also appears in films so yes he's an artist.
Well, it's exactly the same as Bob Dylan .
What is wrong with my life that I don't know the works of Harry Styles . :o

Harry's last album ended up pretty high in the critics' 2022 end of year polls. Even made the NME top 20. It's best to be open minded about these young pop things but at least one of his songs
e.g. this one
is awful.
Thought his first single, Sign of the Times, was pretty good though.

People should just stop being so precious and contrary over music. Music is music, enjoy what you like, whether it's some great artist who writes all their own music and lyrics and can play loads of instruments, or whether it's an industry act who sings catchy pop songs. Life is more fun and interesting when you let go of silly hang ups and criticisms and just enjoy what you like.

People should just stop being so precious and contrary over music. Music is music, enjoy what you like, whether it's some great artist who writes all their own music and lyrics and can play loads of instruments, or whether it's an industry act who sings catchy pop songs. Life is more fun and interesting when you let go of silly hang ups and criticisms and just enjoy what you like.
Well, yes, this is my attitude exactly.
Can't stand indie snobbery or notions of cool.
Morrissey can't play an instrument and has never written a song, so people round here clearly can't be precious about that.
Just pointing out that I only really know two Harry Styles songs - one is awful, one is pretty good.

Well, it's exactly the same as Bob Dylan .
What is wrong with my life that I don't know the works of Harry Styles . :o
Ha ha, I do not and I am not interested in his music .y worst of all is that I do not like Bob Dylan, if many are going to hate me, but I do not like it and I can not understand how they gave him the Nobel Prize for Literature !!!!!:(

Lol. because to some, that line of thought is strange. You either get it or don’t. Sorry, you don’t.

Don't talk to me, no
About people who are "nice"
'Cause I have spent m ywhole life
In ruins
Because of people who were "nice"
You are usually antagonistic and then incoherent when called out on it. There is nothing nefarious about saying Styles is doing well in his solo career, nothing to be explained, the statement is just a really clear and simple statement of fact.

Certainly Morrissey would love this kind of fame.

Of course he would. But he wouldn’t want it at the cost of having to be a vapid, inoffensive “pop star thicker than pig shit.” He wants to stand on principle more than he wants that level of fame; he’d never make the Faustian bargain. It’s the same reason a Harry Styles can never be a Morrissey.

Here’s something that Morrissey and Harry Styles have in common: Rick Astley covered songs by both of them at Glastonbury this year 🫢

What age is he? With that hairline?
Right Said Fred must be shitting themselves.
You mean this hairline that Morrissey would kill for? Yet another swing and a miss from you. Forever chasing those ‘:ROFLMAO:’ reactions.

83AD4FC7-44D5-40C3-87C9-4EC061B0DB4F.jpeg

in that lots of people who leave very popular boy/girl groups don't always end up being mega successful in their own right (e.g. Geri Halliwell).

Four #1 singles in a row for Geri between 1999-2001 suggests otherwise. Either get your facts straight or keep Geri’s name out of your mouth :mad:

Ah yes that’s off the Grammy winning Harry’s House which was the 2nd highest selling album of 2022 and was a number one album in the UK and US. The single was certified platinum as well. Nice that people around the world all have different tastes in music.

A lot of people think the Smiths and Morrissey suck, and maybe they're right and we are wrong. I don't know why there's such drama over people liking different music.

You are usually antagonistic and then incoherent when called out on it. There is nothing nefarious about saying Styles is doing well in his solo career, nothing to be explained, the statement is just a really clear and simple statement of fact.
Yeah, what the hell happened here? Why did she attack?

lol do you really think a bloke who can sell out 2 nights at Wembley Stadium and sells millions of records really needs to wear a Morrissey T Shirt to appear interesting.
Yes, is the answer to your question. It's a common transition - bubblegum pop star to 'serious' artist. In recent times few bands possess the aura of art and poetry quite like The Smiths, and that aura is an attractive one.

The teenagers
Who love you
They will wake up, yawn and kill you

The commercial music industry doesn't need defended - it's making billions out of artists it will happily cast aside & replace with someone who sounds the same - so I don't know why anyone has to be mad at Zoom.

(It's not as bad as the Broadway Voice, mind - not a trace of personality left in most musical performers.)

I am not fan o

I am not a fan of Harry's Music, my daughter is, but at least he is a world-class pop star.
Unlike Robbie Williams, who only started getting into M's music at age 30, some say to try and get in with the Los Angeles audience and to seem credible, he tried it with Bowie, Liam and Mercury, as well. It failed.
Harry is fecking huge in the USA and the rest of the world
A friend of my wife lives in Beachwood, Los Angeles, and there is a Cafe there that gets Harry's fans going, week in and week out, because he mentioned it in a song. This is M-style fandom
Hary has done this by putting out good products, he can sing and dance and he does write some of his own lyrics and songs, unlike Robbie who used to pretend he wrote stuff that Guy Chambers wrote.
Harry is also quite a good actor and is welcome in high-fashion. In some ways Harry is a light entertainment version of David Bowie.
I am not a Robbie hater, I think he did well for himself, but I always thought his music was bad and his gigs were fecking shit. It's better to have a world-class pop star like Harry coming from the UK.
My daughter once joked, that rather than Moz Angeles, LA should be called Los Styles. Her claim is Harry sells way more tickets than M there and has more clout, I did a LOL but after looking into it, she was fecking right. He sold huge venues on his last USA tour, including a 15-night residency at the massive KIA Forum, in Los Angeles. M could not have done that at any stage of his career solo career. I love M and am not attacking him and do not care about the size of venues but if you are gonna have someone wear your t-shirts, you can't do much better than Harry these days
“In some ways Harry is a light entertainment version of David Bowie”
Completely agree! No one is everyone’s cup of tea but in my opinion compared to most of what’s out there in the pop world today, he’s got actual talent and seems like a lovely lad, I wish him well!

Ah yes that’s off the Grammy winning Harry’s House which was the 2nd highest selling album of 2022 and was a number one album in the UK and US. The single was certified platinum as well. Nice that people around the world all have different tastes in music.
I don't think it's about 'different tastes in music'. Of course people can like and listen to whatever they want, from Crazy Frog to Chopin. I think any annoyance expressed in this thread was driven by the suggestion that Mr Styles being popular also means he's somehow an 'important' or 'interesting' artist. We know those 2 things don't necessarily go together. Indeed they are often worlds apart.
And on the subject of Mr Styles and artistic credibility, I'm with Noel...

you call that an artist? wtf? I think it best to end it there.
We get it you don’t like him. I don’t follow his career closely but I’ve never noticed Harry styles try and shit all over someone he doesn’t like. Perhaps he likes and believes in the sentiment of the line on the Morrissey T-shirt more than you…the supposedly bigger and better Morrissey fan.

I don't think it's about 'different tastes in music'. Of course people can like and listen to whatever they want, from Crazy Frog to Chopin. I think any annoyance expressed in this thread was driven by the suggestion that Mr Styles being popular also means he's somehow an 'important' or 'interesting' artist. We know those 2 things don't necessarily go together. Indeed they are often worlds apart.
And on the subject of Mr Styles and artistic credibility, I'm with Noel...

I don't disagree with him either but I suspect when you sell as many albums as Harry does it changes somewhat and he calls the shots with the threat to jump ship to another label.

Last edited:
Funny thing , Harry Styles has queue lists too !What's more, such lists have their rules and regulations

:p🙃

hs.jpg

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom