Harvest "World Peace..." promotional sites offline / stopped?

An anonymous person writes:

Updates to Morrissey's Facebook page have been deleted back to June 10 and the Letters To Morrissey Tumblr (http://letterstomoz.com/) is gone!

Also:

http://www.worldpeaceisnoneofyourbusinessart.com/ currently goes to a blank page.

http://www.worldpeaceisnoneofyourbusiness.com/ currently goes to a 'temporarily unavailable' page.

UPDATE 9:50 AM PT:

MozAngeles818 also notes:

Also i'm not sure if it's only me, but the website http://www.myplaydirect.com/morrissey goes to a white page as well.

Wonder if they've sold over 1K of the ultimate bundles or they're now less moving around.

...His spoken word videos and youtube account for them are also removed.
Not sure if this happened recently or some time back..

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
In over 20 years of being an avid music fan, I have to say I’ve never experienced anything quite like this.

Forgetting the amazing album for the moment, I cant actually believe that Harvest, Capitol-Harvest are capable of setting up web pages and having them appear on the correct day. And then closing them down correctly again.

Maybe they are "good" at the IT basics but they are totally useless at selling records - e.g. non-downloadable records. Beginners.

Amateurs with a nice building.

The is Moz still with Harvest/Capitol nonsense now has more threads than Kristeen Young did a couple months ago. I hope all of these promotional sites go to blank white pages today, so this will be over with. Morrissey will bounce back and find another record label. That cat still has two or three lives left in him.

Maybe more? :)

Very strange with his Facebook page. For a few weeks now I have not been able to post anything to his page, "like" anything he posts, or comment on anything, yet I have never posted anything negative on his page. I have been "Tseng'ed" from his Facebook!

Wow! I guess Harvest has no plans to sell any additional copies of WPINOYB. Their only promotional tools deleted? I guess they are done with the Morrissey game playing. Ha, ha. What a tool or Moz is! God love him.

It is very strange that Harvest/Capital seems to have washed their hands of this album. I can understand if there have decided not to work together on a future album, but to simply drop all promotion, web presence, and availability of an album released 30 days ago? Very odd. Maybe they have realized, as Morrissey has said, that no contract was ever officially signed and they actually don't own the album? That would certainly be a highly bizarre situation.

Guys, the album seems to have been removed from iTunes!! WTF.

I wasn't going to bother with it, but I may actually take a ride over to the local Hot Topic today to see if I can get my hands on the LP. This is shaping up to be a Great Lost Album.

Well..there are 19 copies of the deluxe edition sitting at the Best Buy in Springfield, PA when I went there yesterday. Me thinks this album is gonna be sitting on shelves for a while.
Wow! I guess Harvest has no plans to sell any additional copies of WPINOYB. Their only promotional tools deleted? I guess they are done with the Morrissey game playing. Ha, ha. What a tool or Moz is! God love him.

It is very strange that Harvest/Capital seems to have washed their hands of this album. I can understand if there have decided not to work together on a future album, but to simply drop all promotion, web presence, and availability of an album released 30 days ago? Very odd. Maybe they have realized, as Morrissey has said, that no contract was ever officially signed and they actually don't own the album? That would certainly be a highly bizarre situation.

Highly bizarre is putting it mildly. I cannot fathom why they would not want to recoup their investment at the barest minimum, unless their investment in Morrissey was so minimal that this isn't even a loss at all.

And you're right about the album being scrubbed from iTunes. I've never heard of anything like this happening before. We're a month from the release! Wow, wow.

Highly bizarre is putting it mildly. I cannot fathom why they would not want to recoup their investment at the barest minimum, unless their investment in Morrissey was so minimal that this isn't even a loss at all.

And you're right about the album being scrubbed from iTunes. I've never heard of anything like this happening before. We're a month from the release! Wow, wow.

This makes me think that Moz wanted Harvest off the album once he realised they were shit, so he and his lawyers have literally taken the album off Harvest and the label has no legal right to make any money off it, hence it being pulled.
So Morrissey is looking for a new label to re-release the album properly and hopefully with better promotion and Staircase and Kiss Me as singles.
Fingers crossed!!!

If it's been removed from itunes, does this mean it will be taken off shelves in the shops, too?
I've been meaning to buy another copy for a couple of weeks, but thought I'd obviously have time to do so.
I guess I better hurry.
Also, those limited edition fluorescent ones that everyone was going on about. How much moolie will that go for now??!
You'd have to sell a kidney to buy one of those f***ers in a few months time!!!!

Guys, the album seems to have been removed from iTunes!! WTF.

If he retains ownership, someone should tell him. Because it looks like Harvest are pulling the strings here.

*EDIT* It's still there on the UK store

P.

Last edited:
It is off of the US iTunes. Only a matter of time before it is pulled elsewhere, I reckon.

Maybe. But if Moz has set his lawyers loose on Harvest, it might not effect Europe, where Virgin are doing the distribution.

Back
Top Bottom