Has anyone here ever met Bernard Sumner from New Order?

I've met him. He knows my mom from many years ago. Hmm...I told him I hadn't found anyone to play him in my JD cover band yet.

I don't really like New Order, but Bernard makes me laugh.

I've met him. He knows my mom from many years ago. Hmm...I told him I hadn't found anyone to play him in my JD cover band yet.

awww!!!!!! :D he seems like such a funny and sweet guy.

got any cool stories? heh

He goes skiing to Wengen in Switzerland every year, I think he has a Chalet there.
When I worked there, I kept popping into one of the bars he'd frequent, I kept missing him. From what everyone said he's an alright fella but I can't imagine him skiing though.

That was my reaction. What next? :D

He is on my list of people that I would like to meet.

Did you ask him to be in it? He might just be shy...

A friend of mine offered to help him carry some gear out to his car once.
Sumner grunted something about 'be careful with it' and handed my mate a guitar.
Halfway up the stairs (Spirit Studios, Tariff St., Manchester) Sumner grunted some other moan.
When they had loaded up the car Sumner got in and slammed the door shut without even thanking my mate.
So on this flimsy evidence alone I am prepared to damn Sumner to hell for being a grumpy ungrateful git.

A friend of mine offered to help him carry some gear out to his car once.
Sumner grunted something about 'be careful with it' and handed my mate a guitar.
Halfway up the stairs (Spirit Studios, Tariff St., Manchester) Sumner grunted some other moan.
When they had loaded up the car Sumner got in and slammed the door shut without even thanking my mate.
So on this flimsy evidence alone I am prepared to damn Sumner to hell for being a grumpy ungrateful git.

when was that??

when was that??

It was a long time ago. Mid 80's.
New Order were rehearsing in Spirit Studios, Manchester and so was my mate's band.
My mate is now very famous and wealthy and wouldn't treat anybody so badly as Sumner did.

(was this reply okay Kewpie?)

It was a long time ago. Mid 80's.
New Order were rehearsing in Spirit Studios, Manchester and so was my mate's band.
My mate is now very famous and wealthy and wouldn't treat anybody so badly as Sumner did.

(was this reply okay Kewpie?)

LOL. Well, that was a weird time for the band and that's also when Barney had some drug and depression issues. So, I'd not judge him on that event that happened back then. I'm not justifying it, but I'm saying from what it seems and other stories I've heard from people, he seems like a really nice and decent guy. Especially since he's cleaned up his act in the 90's.

Back
Top Bottom