Hot Topic to sell special colored vinyl variant (fluorescent orange) of "World Peace..."

UPDATE Aug. 2:

From James:
Picture via Instagram @__jimijames__ and twitter @james_jimi
orangevinyl.jpg

UPDATE Aug. 1:

VivaGil posted:

in case anyone wants a look at the discs a friend of mine posted this on instagram.

hottopic_girl_racer.jpg

Fluorescent orange. I'll definitely be picking this one up.

HT getting exclusive Morrissey variant - Modern Vinyl

World Peace Is None Of Your Business, the upcoming full length album from Morrissey, is coming to colored vinyl, courtesy of Hot Topic. The retailer will carry a 180-gram fluorescent orange variant, in stores on July 22nd. We’ll update this post when it goes on sale.

If you just want the standard double vinyl variant, you can pick it up at Amazon. The album is officially released on July 15th.

Info from a post on the Vinyl Collective message board by Travis:

Hot Topic will have this on exclusive "flourescent orange" 180 gram 2xLP for $22.50 available in select stores and online 7/22

If anything changes I'll post it here

...How many copies is that going to be out of?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: Hot Topic to sell special colored vinyl variant (flourescent orange) of "World Peace...

I do realise that it is gonna be really tough to get hold of a copy if you dont actually walk into one of their stores...shame would really love to own one copy. Oh well....

Cheers Moz

Best we can do is keep our eyes peeled on the website.

Re: Article: Hot Topic to sell special colored vinyl variant (flourescent orange) of "World Peace...

I actually feeling panicked over getting a copy of this. I don't know why I feel like it's SO IMPORTANT, but I do. I'd eased up on the obsessive collecting in recent years, but this album is bringing back all of those desperate feelings of wanting to be completest! Who needs to pay the mortgage when you've got Morrissey records to buy?! WOO HOO.

I'll be within 20 miles of two rather out of the way Hot Topic stores on the weekend of the 26th, so fingers crossed that if online ordering doesn't come through that I'll be able to find a copy in person. I can't imagine either store gets much traffic from Moz fans, so here's hoping…

I actually feeling panicked over getting a copy of this. I don't know why I feel like it's SO IMPORTANT, but I do. I'd eased up on the obsessive collecting in recent years, but this album is bringing back all of those desperate feelings of wanting to be completest! Who needs to pay the mortgage when you've got Morrissey records to buy?! WOO HOO.

I'll be within 20 miles of two rather out of the way Hot Topic stores on the weekend of the 26th, so fingers crossed that if online ordering doesn't come through that I'll be able to find a copy in person. I can't imagine either store gets much traffic from Moz fans, so here's hoping…

That's what I'm hoping too, as far as not many Moz fans caring about it in my area!

That's what I'm thinking/counting on with the stores here, too... I have pretty serious doubts either of the 2 HT's where I live will even get these in if I can't pre-order it, though. I definitely cannot see the local Hot Topic contingent being interested in Morrissey at any rate...

Needless to say, I will be clocking the obese goth girl who tries to nab the only copy on the shelf if it comes to that...

Just call them up and ask if they'll be getting any in stock, if so, ask them if they can reserve a copy for you. It's not hard.

Just call them up and ask if they'll be getting any in stock, if so, ask them if they can reserve a copy for you. It's not hard.

Hahaha. I only wish that were true! I called both shops a week ago. "Um, can you spell that? Morrisson?" "No, it's not on our website…" "I don't know what that is." "We don't know what's coming until we open the boxes." And so forth. I'll will certainly start calling again on the 20th, but in my experience, teenagers working summer jobs in mall stores are not the most reliable when it comes to this kind of thing!

Hahaha. I only wish that were true! I called both shops a week ago. "Um, can you spell that? Morrisson?" "No, it's not on our website…" "I don't know what that is." "We don't know what's coming until we open the boxes." And so forth. I'll will certainly start calling again on the 20th, but in my experience, teenagers working summer jobs in mall stores are not the most reliable when it comes to this kind of thing!

Half the time, I think they just say those things so they don't have to do anything extra. They didn't seem to have a problem when I called them about it the other day.

i dont know, there are some morrissey fans that go to hot topic as they sell a good amount of smiths shirts. hell even manson mentions morrissey in auto biography a couple of times. as to the call, yeah thats crap. ask to speak to the manager cause for sure someone is doing inventory and ordering stock. sounds like a guy that doesnt want to be on the phone dealing with people. i mean how would they know if they received the full order if they have nothing to check it against.

The Hot Topic near me has no Moz/Smiths shirts (as I know I've said before). I wish they did! I could always use another.

Having said that, I do find it odd that a few days ago when I did a search for "Morrissey" on their website it pulled up the vinyl for "Your Arsenal" and "Vauxhall and I" and now when I do it, there's no matches.

I'll try again, I promise! No one is answering the phone at either location right now, so who the hell knows.

The Hot Topic near me has no Moz/Smiths shirts (as I know I've said before). I wish they did! I could always use another.

Having said that, I do find it odd that a few days ago when I did a search for "Morrissey" on their website it pulled up the vinyl for "Your Arsenal" and "Vauxhall and I" and now when I do it, there's no matches.

I wrote them an e mail and this is what they have to say....

Hey there!

Good question! Right now we are currently in hot cash redemption. During hot cash, all vinyl is removed from the site. Vinyl will be back up for purchase after 7/20.

Cheers Moz

I wrote them an e mail and this is what they have to say....

Hey there!

Good question! Right now we are currently in hot cash redemption. During hot cash, all vinyl is removed from the site. Vinyl will be back up for purchase after 7/20.

Cheers Moz

I was wondering why it was all gone from the site. Thank you! I thought maybe I was searching incorrectly!

Good to know. Thanks again, stoned.

My pleasure...:)

Cheers Moz

Keep checking every day , just in case......:rolleyes:

Cheers Moz

HT sent me an email saying available to buy online 22nd July, hope they stay true to this.

So....the big date is really around the corner...fingers crossed. So , if i am not wrong, over here in Europe we should see the vinyls online early afternoon.

Cheers Moz

I was at a Hot Topic outlet yesterday (never saw them at an Outlet!) and I checked the vinyls just in case. Nothing yet.

Here's what they said to me, bare in mind they sent this on the 9th July so i hope the plan hasnt changed. I'll be on at midnight the 22nd nonetheless, the $40 delivery charge will sting but it'll be worth it
HT.PNG

Back
Top Bottom