How many of you are vegetarians?

Well done Kelley. I think vegans/veggies forget that becoming veggie is often quite a challenge in the early stages... but once you've been veggie for a while, it's second nature! So struggle on!!!
As for being pescetarian :sick: fish sucks - i've no idea why anyone would want to eat fish (never mind ethical/environmental arguments)! I remember as a child (around 10 yrs old) going to my friends house... they knew i was veggie, but they served me breaded fish and chips. I didn't have the nerve to say that i've never eaten fish, so i took over an hour to eat the breadcrumbs around the fish, after which I vomited in their living room floor (they were least chuffed and i was red faced:p!).

How long have you been a veggie,did you make the decision yourself,and if so,why?

I was now im not, and i still really dont like the idea of killing for food.

But thats something I have to live with until I change.

Which makes me a hypocrite, but then at least I have plenty of company.

I'm slowly moving toward vegetarianism. It's been a whole month now. :) While some will shun me for currently being pescetarian, it's a huge change for me, cutting meat out completely as I'm a big meat eater. I picked up a few vegetarian cookbooks from the library and am working on educating myself to more food options that involve zero meat.

I'm trying to become one. I won't call myself a vegetarian because it's only been a month but I think I can do it, no problems for now. :)

Good luck to both of you, and well done for making the decision. :)

As for being pescetarian :sick: fish sucks - i've no idea why anyone would want to eat fish (never mind ethical/environmental arguments)! I remember as a child (around 10 yrs old) going to my friends house... they knew i was veggie, but they served me breaded fish and chips. I didn't have the nerve to say that i've never eaten fish, so i took over an hour to eat the breadcrumbs around the fish, after which I vomited in their living room floor (they were least chuffed and i was red faced:p!).

Fish is vile- even before I became a vegetarian I'd only eaten it a few times in my whole life, and it made me throw up at least once. :sick:

Still doing well - husband insisted on going to local fried chicken place Chicken Express tonight, so I had biscuits & corn on the cob with a few french fries. If I can resist that chicken, I can do anything, because it is scrumptious. No meat for me for about 2 weeks now! :)

Still doing well - husband insisted on going to local fried chicken place Chicken Express tonight, so I had biscuits & corn on the cob with a few french fries. If I can resist that chicken, I can do anything, because it is scrumptious. No meat for me for about 2 weeks now! :)

Good for you Tibbles (is Tibbles your cat's name) - i know it takes loads of will power to avoid eating the things you love (i'd eat vegan vanilla and raspberry cake all day if i could - but i'd be a fat bastard if i did:().
Don't beat yourself up, and definitely don't give up completely if you give in to temptation - remember every time you don't eat animal for tea - you're doing a good thing!:p:thumb:
For future consideration.... you might want to ask your Chicken Express what kind of oil they fry their potatoes in - i'd bet it's lard and that they use the same oil to fry their chicken - yeuch!:sick:

Good for you Tibbles (is Tibbles your cat's name) - i know it takes loads of will power to avoid eating the things you love (i'd eat vegan vanilla and raspberry cake all day if i could - but i'd be a fat bastard if i did:().
Don't beat yourself up, and definitely don't give up completely if you give in to temptation - remember every time you don't eat animal for tea - you're doing a good thing!:p:thumb:
For future consideration.... you might want to ask your Chicken Express what kind of oil they fry their potatoes in - i'd bet it's lard and that they use the same oil to fry their chicken - yeuch!:sick:

Don;t suppose you've got the recipe for that cake have you? So I can make industrial quantities....

HORRORS! I should have thought of that. I hope they're not using lard, as we're Muslim and don't eat that stuff. I didn't even need those fries! I shall make further inquiries next time!

And no, we have three cats, none of whom is named Tibbles - but we do have a cat named Morrissey! Russell Brand isn't the only one to do that!

^^^^^^

Oh my goodness she's a cutie - she has blue eyes... how unusual:)

You might want to give gelatin a miss too as it can be bovine or porcine in origin.... your church should be able to help you with avoidance measures for the sneeky animal derived products... since i expect several will be against Islamic practice to consume. Good luck:thumb:

Off-topic, but Mr Tibbles: your cat (is that one Morrissey?) is adorable. Such an inquisitive face! :)

Yes, this is our precious Morrissey! He's such a darling. He fetches & returns paper wads, meows when I sneeze, and kneads ecstatically on a stuffed animal kitty on our bed. He also meows insistently when he hears Morrissey sing! He's a typical Siamese and is very vocal and demands attention. I actually had a t-shirt made with his picture saying "My Other Morrissey" to wear to the Dallas gig last year - what a geek! We love him soooooo much.

I am vegetarian! I became vegetarian around the time when I started listening to the Smiths (around 8 years ago). I didn't go veg because of the Smiths but they definitely made it easier for me. I come from a really small town (thank god I don't live there anymore, hate the place) and noone there is veg so going veg there wasn't easy, people really thought it was strange and considered me to be a freak more or less, but I didn't really care, because I found a new identity almost you could say, in the smith and in Morrissey. I didn't really care if people thought I was strange, because I had Morrissey, we were strange together, he felt like my best friend...it might sound odd but that's how I felt. :thumb:

I'm not a vegetarian, but I have been thinking about becoming one for the past while. I don't particularly like the taste of meat, and I don't like the fact that animals are being killed for our pleasure... The only reservation I would have about going fully vegetarian would be the lack of veggie choices where I live! The nearest supermarket to me has pretty much nothing :(

I think I will eventually move towards vegetarianism though. I've wanted to do it since I was six!

I'm not a vegetarian, but I have been thinking about becoming one for the past while. I don't particularly like the taste of meat, and I don't like the fact that animals are being killed for our pleasure... The only reservation I would have about going fully vegetarian would be the lack of veggie choices where I live! The nearest supermarket to me has pretty much nothing :(

I think I will eventually move towards vegetarianism though. I've wanted to do it since I was six!

Home delivery...?

My wake up call was document called 'Our daily bread'.
It wasn't that brutal like PETA videos are, but I saw it age of 12-13 and back then I thought that world is pure&innocent...

I haven't never ever like taste of meat, but I ated it anyway.
I think that then I relized why I didn't like it. It's like when you get wounded and you won't hurt until you see the wound.

I've finally decided to go vegan! I've tried it before and failed, but this time seems different, it feels right. It's been just over a month. :) Any other vegan soloers out there?

My friend's nicknamed me "cheeseblock" so I don't see veganism happening anytime soon. :p

My friend's nicknamed me "cheeseblock" so I don't see veganism happening anytime soon. :p

haha yeah cheese was really hard for me to give up

whats the difference between vegans n veggies? Ive never been sure,is it just dairy products?

yeah dairy products, eggs, honey, anything that comes from an animal where as vegetarians don't eat anything that was once living. At least thats the definition I know, sometimes people have different opinions

Tags
*check out the b12 deficiency dsitehatesu2 flax is god flax is sexy ihatethissite ii do too just one of me killmeat meat is dinner meat is murder meat stick mmm chicken veggie brigade
Back
Top Bottom