Is Malajusted Morrisseys worst album?

There are no bad Morrissey albums or tracks so P U S H O F F

Yeah, personally I think "King Leer" and "Asian Rut" are exemplary Morrissey tunes :rolleyes:

Took me a few years to 'get' Maladjusted. Was not a fan in 1997.

"You're up the ladder
into each corner
Dunking the chamois
Just think of the good will..."

probably one of my favourite Morrissey lyrics

^ Fortunately Sorrow Will Come In The End isn't on the UK edition! I suppose it is 'on the album' though in a technical sense, if the only reasons it was excluded in the UK were legal issues.

I've just been reminded of the one abject failure on Maladjusted -

Ambitious Outsiders may very well be the worst few minutes of music, lyrics & vocals that Morrissey has ever committed to disc.

You rock the house Almareallymatters !!! So right on with Morrissey being a clever wordsmith in "Malajusted". You can not help but sing along on most of the songs.

You rock the house Almareallymatters !!! So right on with Morrissey being a clever wordsmith in "Malajusted". You can not help but sing along on most of the songs.

When the gulf between all the things I need
and the things I receive
is an ancient ocean wide, wild, lost, uncrossed...

(fits me like a glove today...)

Maladjusted is a great opener with intriguing and consistent lyrics. Alma Matters is a truly great pop song with real difiance at it's heart. Ambitious outsiders is enigmatic and different. Trouble loves me is as good as anything. He cried and Ammunition are nice, heartfelt tunes. The whole album has a good, jangly feel and pace to it. I don't consider Sorrow as part of the album. As I bought the UK edition, I didn't hear it until later.

But, EPbabe, Southpaw has the magnificent Dagenham Dave!

Dear Peterb, I could even sell my Southpaw CD-s, I never ever listen to them. (And I can't stand Dagenham Dave!!! :whip: )

On a more serious note: Trouble Loves Me and Wide to Receive are two of my very favourite songs by M. And I'm truly grateful for the remastered version of the album, with The Edges Are... and Sorrow Will Come. Yes, I'm serious. :D

Dear Peterb, I could even sell my Southpaw CD-s, I never ever listen to them. (And I can't stand Dagenham Dave!!! :whip: )

On a more serious note: Trouble Loves Me and Wide to Receive are two of my very favourite songs by M. And I'm truly grateful for the remastered version of the album, with The Edges Are... and Sorrow Will Come. Yes, I'm serious. :D
Hey Epbabe, if you can be bothered, give me a run down of favourite albums.

Maladjusted is a great opener with intriguing and consistent lyrics. Alma Matters is a truly great pop song with real difiance at it's heart. Ambitious outsiders is enigmatic and different. Trouble loves me is as good as anything. He cried and Ammunition are nice, heartfelt tunes. The whole album has a good, jangly feel and pace to it. I don't consider Sorrow as part of the album. As I bought the UK edition, I didn't hear it until later.

Lucky for you it wasn't included.

I never actually knew that Maladjusted held such negative standing among Morrissey fans until I started visiting this place. I joined the Morrissey bangwagon late, shortly before Ringleader was released, but most of the reviews I read about Maladjusted before I bought it were positive. Kill Uncle and Southpaw (both of which received their fair share of negative reviews) took a long time to grow on me, whereas I enjoyed Maladjusted on my first listen. I still listen to it a lot. And unlike the Southpaw remaster, which I love, I always go back to the original Maladjusted. It does, indeed, contain a couple of stinkers in the tracklist though.

Once I read a review about Kill Uncle written by Fabrício Mueller (a Brazilian music journalist) which said that this album sounds as unfinished and as all songs were always the same.

Back
Top Bottom