J. Marr Story Of The Guitar

Re: Johnny Marr on The Story of the Guitar

What a talented lovely bloke. Was magic to see him sat there playing the riffs to some of the best songs ever written. Come on Moz n Marr- kiss and make up!

Dave Gilmour was pretty damn good too.

Mozza220559, you can edit your earlier post clicking edit on the bottom of your post. :o

Many thanks to people who posted youtube and download links. :)

Last edited:

My God, he's a genius. Watching it now. Do you get the impression, like I do, that it would take the same knock on the door, like it did to start The Smiths, to reform The Smiths? I get the feeling he is aching, simply aching, to get back together with Morrissey. What a terrific bloke Johnny is.

Peter
I would have considered it ludicrous before but, I agree, watching Johnny last night, there was something different about the way he talked about the music that made me go 'Hmmmmmmm...?' I am aware though that I may just be mistaking my ache for Johnny's ache!
In any case, the 64 trillion dollar question would be, this time round, who would do the knockin' ~ Morrissey or Marr ?

Am I only one to find Johnny's interview part the lighting is rather weird. :(
It is weird, but quite beautiful. He seems to have been filmed in a recording studio from the other side of the control room glass and with a large blue light source above his head.
It could have been worse ~ the bloke from Black Sabbath was shot in a cathedral with a torch under his goatee!

It was interesting programme. Some of the interviewees were being rock guitarists, dressed up and in character, and some were people talking about how much playing guitar meant to them personally, as a means of self expression.

How Soon Is Now? Johnny Marr

Here are the seven minutes of Johnny in part three of The Story Of The Guitar. :D Many thanks to George Barker for uploading the video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dicartwright,I only have the dishing the dirt, approx 3mins off the BBC w/site,flv,approx 9mb, very good quality compared to youtube.
I will upload it if you are unable to view it.
I hope the BBC sell the series worldwide, so everyone can see it.

I would have considered it ludicrous before but, I agree, watching Johnny last night, there was something different about the way he talked about the music that made me go 'Hmmmmmmm...?' I am aware though that I may just be mistaking my ache for Johnny's ache!
In any case, the 64 trillion dollar question would be, this time round, who would do the knockin' ~ Morrissey or Marr ?

I suppose it’s only natural if Johnny is giving off positive vibes about the old songs as he has recently being remastering them and has probably not had that level of exposure to the songs in over twenty years.

He has commented on how strong the songs are stripped down, and is probably hearing them as “a fan would” for the first time as he has stated previously that when he lays down a track he usually doesn’t listen to it again, and moves on to the next song.

I suppose it’s only natural if Johnny is giving off positive vibes about the old songs as he has recently being remastering them and has probably not had that level of exposure to the songs in over twenty years.

He's has not been remastering them, he's only supervised the remastering. He's involved, but not that much.

Stephane

I watched this last night as I had it taped and of all the guitarists who were on, it wasn't until Johnny played that my heart skipped a beat. Anything he plays just sounds so beautiful, unlike anything else. That is what music should be about, stirring the soul. We love you Johnny, you are the best:)

Marr - 'dishing the dirt'??

This little clip has an interesting title, but to me the video is inaudible. Is it the same for everyone else? :confused: What does Johnny say?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom