Johnny Marr - Waliking Down Madison (demo vocal version)

A

Anonymous

Many years ago I submitted to this site the instrumental demo version of Johnny Marr's Walking Down Madison - the first track written by Johnny post-Smiths. I had posted that track to YouTube a few years ago (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9JHeKyCoTw), where it was found by the person (Dunx) who had sung the tiny snippet of vocal on it. Dunx had promised to find and post the complete vocal demo and has since delivered.

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_HvnVZ41A0

Interesting, I never knew that Johnny Marr wrote this song! Thanks for sharing this!

Would you mind uploading the original audio file? I know it can somehow be extracted from YouTube, but I'd like the audio file compromised as little als possible!

Interesting, I never knew that Johnny Marr wrote this song! Thanks for sharing this!

Would you mind uploading the original audio file? I know it can somehow be extracted from YouTube, but I'd like the audio file compromised as little als possible!

I am the source of the first link (from a cassette I purchased in the early '90s) but not the source for the second link. The poster of that video created it from the DAT copy of the session. I have no access to anything other than a YouTube rip.

Johnny & Kirsty.jpg

My post is off topic, but I always loved the song "Can't Stop Killing You," written by Kirsty MacColl & Johnny Marr in 1993. The song was released on Kirsty's underrated "Titanic Days" album.

"Can't Stop Killing You" by Kirsty MacColl

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never heard this cover version before. It definitely sounds better when Kirsty's sings it.

I have always loved the Electric Landlady album and I love the Kite album even more which has quite a few Marr tracks on it. I'd have to check my LP to see exactly what he wrote and played on but that will have to wait. That album has a who's who of players on it from David Gilmour to James Eller and David Palmer from the The, Robbie McIntosh from The Pretenders... etc

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom