Johnny Marr: wrap him up in the News of the World

CARDIFF CITY FC

Not sure if it's been posted on here today but Johnny Marr had a almost a full page thread in the News of the world newspaper today regarding his new band the cribbs . Also some references to the smiths and a pic of Morrissey and Marr included too .

For those outside the UK the news of the world newspaper tabloid is one of the main sunday newspapers in the UK .

I never bought it though but discovered the article by chance . perhaps someone else could find a link ?

Re: Wrap him up in the News of the World

Decent paper. Good mix of facts and bollocks. Like this place. Read this article this morning- average read, nothing ground-breaking.

And buy The Sun if you want. Good puzzle page.

Decent paper. Good mix of facts and bollocks. Like this place. Read this article this morning- average read, nothing ground-breaking.

Just like you.... a puzzle..... f***ing clueless:D:lbf:

Jukebox Jury

Just like you.... a puzzle..... f***ing clueless:D:lbf:

Jukebox Jury

I'd much rather be compared to the crossword in The Sun than a model in Penthouse like you... a bald twat... I've got you there. I've done you. You've been framed, Juke.

I'd much rather be compared to the crossword in The Sun than a model in Penthouse like you... a bald twat... I've got you there. I've done you. You've been framed, Juke.

You've done me?:confused:
What sort of chavvy slang is that?:confused:

Jukebox Jury

sorry lads didn't want to start a slanging match with different posters on here tonight

juke box and co get a grip !

just to change the topic has anyone listened to street life covered by morrissey from 2006 a tune originally by Roxy Music . I was and still a Roxy Music fan and Moz covers it perfectly .

check it out on you tube

sorry lads didn't want to start a slanging match with different posters on here tonight

just to change the topic has anyone listened to street life covered by morrissey from 2006 a tune originally by Roxy Music . I was and still a Roxy Music fan and Moz covers it perfectly .

check it out on you tube

I believe Morrissey covered it on his tour of Scandinavia in 2006 but it didn't go down well with the crowd so he promised he would never sing it again!
I thought he sang it quite well myself, it's a shame he didn't do it in the U.K. it may have had a better reception.

check it out on you tube

Fair point CCFC
Yes, I think he only sang it 3 times or so. I too, as a fan of Roxy, would love to have heard it live.

Jukebox Jury

Not sure if it's been posted on here today but Johnny Marr had a almost a full page thread in the News of the world newspaper today regarding his new band the cribbs . Also some references to the smiths and a pic of Morrissey and Marr included too .

For those outside the UK the news of the world newspaper tabloid is one of the main sunday newspapers in the UK .

I never bought it though but discovered the article by chance . perhaps someone else could find a link ?

21041634.jpg

I've only found this small pic. Unfortunately, you can't read the article.
Johnny's blue like Violet Beauregarde.

Couldn't care less about Johnny and the Cribs, but...
ZING! :lbf:

It's hellishly early here, and it took me about ten seconds to realise the picture in the bottom right corner wasn't Johnny striking a pose.

A link and better picture of Mr. Marr.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/ent...ths-ace-Johnny-Marr-happy-with-The-Cribs.html

Planet Sound Single Reviews New singles, by John Earls

New singles, by John Earls

THE CRIBS Cheat On Me 8/10 Superficially, their first song with Johnny Marr is business as usual - all righteous fire and parched humanity. Then the dual guitars kick in, and its broader romance hits home. As special a partnership as could be hoped for.

Last edited:

Agree with this. Can't be doing with all this boycotting of The Sun nonsense started off by our L'pool friends. I've seen many a scouser buy it on my travels west.

'Good mix of facts and bollocks' Head, nail hit on. :thumb:

Agree with this. Can't be doing with all this boycotting of The Sun nonsense started off by our L'pool friends. I've seen many a scouser buy it on my travels west.

'Good mix of facts and bollocks' Head, nail hit on. :thumb:

The Manchester Evening News is worse than the Sun. A more miserable, miserly hate filled rag, there is no other.

Back
Top Bottom