Johnny Marr's Autobiography - possible November 2016 release date

of course i'm gonna read it, but i don't know why some people think he's gonna talk bad about morrissey just because morrissey say some mean things about johnny in his autobiography. That doesn't mean he likes morrissey now, but i don't think he's gonna 100% sincere. I could be wrong tho

thatjokeisntfunnyanymore.mp3 :thumb:

but, really, he's not loved by everybody. You forget morrissey and most of solo :straightface:

i dont know about the rest of solo but i dont hate him. i dont like him as a person either and by that i mean his public persona. he is a great musician but like many have said i dont care for most of his work outside the smiths and electronic mostly down to his taste and musical choices. i mean slash is a great guitarist but i really dont wanna hear anything he plays or writes bt that doesnt disqualify him from being good. i remember in the art of gun slinging, which kinda makes me wonder whats gonna be in this book that wasnt in that one besides the more recent work, that he didnt like doing interviews because he couldnt be himself which makes me wonder was he putting on an act in the smiths. seems by his own admission that he was which is an attitude that i dont care for myself. the healers was also pretty bad and everything else seems to be somewhat riding on the groups he was working with at the time. the messenger was pretty good though except for the lyrics and i dont mind the singing. he doesnt have a great voice but i thought he sang fine. i dont know, he has seemed really full of himself at times and in later years really bitter about his circumstances. moz of course can also be very bitter but he seems to ping pong between extremes while a lot of times johnny just seems to be frustrated and annoyed these days. johnny also gives a really boring interview to me these days as i just dont connect with much of what he has to say while i am very concerned with world peace and suffering etc. this doesnt add up to hate for johnny, just mostly indifference to him and a declining interest in the music he makes. i think more people have a problem with his fans than the man himself

i dont know about the rest of solo but i dont hate him. i dont like him as a person either and by that i mean his public persona. he is a great musician but like many have said i dont care for most of his work outside the smiths and electronic mostly down to his taste and musical choices. i mean slash is a great guitarist but i really dont wanna hear anything he plays or writes bt that doesnt disqualify him from being good. i remember in the art of gun slinging, which kinda makes me wonder whats gonna be in this book that wasnt in that one besides the more recent work, that he didnt like doing interviews because he couldnt be himself which makes me wonder was he putting on an act in the smiths. seems by his own admission that he was which is an attitude that i dont care for myself. the healers was also pretty bad and everything else seems to be somewhat riding on the groups he was working with at the time. the messenger was pretty good though except for the lyrics and i dont mind the singing. he doesnt have a great voice but i thought he sang fine. i dont know, he has seemed really full of himself at times and in later years really bitter about his circumstances. moz of course can also be very bitter but he seems to ping pong between extremes while a lot of times johnny just seems to be frustrated and annoyed these days. johnny also gives a really boring interview to me these days as i just dont connect with much of what he has to say while i am very concerned with world peace and suffering etc. this doesnt add up to hate for johnny, just mostly indifference to him and a declining interest in the music he makes. i think more people have a problem with his fans than the man himself

tl;dr and i wasn't talking about indiference. There are a lot of people on solo who actually hate him, but they won't admit it

One doesn't have to speculate too much why Johnny used the most recent picture. Do you remember how he looked like when he was half of his age?

PS : Tell me more about those bunnies.
bunnies?! sure! they are the most excellent life form because they are perfectly engineered for cuteness! i mean anything that looks like a round little ball of fluff with big floppy ears is automatically cute, but then on top of that these round little balls of fluff have the quality of hopping, which is the most economic way of conveying cuteness. not to mention that the quality of hopping and the trait of big floppy ears are both inherently silly, comical things. match this silliness with the personality of the bunny, who you knows takes himself very seriously and is all business, and you have a life form that has achieved the goal of ultimate cuteness.

speaking of cute, i agree with tyronewhatever, johnny marr was kind of cute in days gone by. not in a bunny kind of way, more in a mustelid kind of way. and no where near approaching the full-fledged beauty of fair be-quiffed mozzer (i wonder if he felt very insubstantial standing next to moz? i would). no, he used the recent photo as a kind of validation of his life now, a way of saying "hey look im still around! im still doing.... stuff" . im convinced of it. by the way, does he smoke? he looks like a smoker.

bunnies?! sure! they are the most excellent life form because they are perfectly engineered for cuteness! i mean anything that looks like a round little ball of fluff with big floppy ears is automatically cute, but then on top of that these round little balls of fluff have the quality of hopping, which is the most economic way of conveying cuteness. not to mention that the quality of hopping and the trait of big floppy ears are both inherently silly, comical things. match this silliness with the personality of the bunny, who you knows takes himself very seriously and is all business, and you have a life form that has achieved the goal of ultimate cuteness.

speaking of cute, i agree with tyronewhatever, johnny marr was kind of cute in days gone by. not in a bunny kind of way, more in a mustelid kind of way. and no where near approaching the full-fledged beauty of fair be-quiffed mozzer (i wonder if he felt very insubstantial standing next to moz? i would). no, he used the recent photo as a kind of validation of his life now, a way of saying "hey look im still around! im still doing.... stuff" . im convinced of it. by the way, does he smoke? he looks like a smoker.

um have you seen/read watership down? bunnies are scary :squiffy:

tl;dr and i wasn't talking about indiference. There are a lot of people on solo who actually hate him, but they won't admit it

if you didnt read how would you know to use the word indifference. also how do you know what people really feel

We all know there's only one Autobiography that's worth reading if you want the truth. And that is Morrissey's.

Wonder if Johnny will follow his bio with a book of fiction.

;)
Do not ask if Johnny's bio will be followed by a book of fiction, but will a book of fiction be followed by a bio? A Penguin Classic bestseller by a guitar player will be a first!! Would be even more amaze to read a drummer who can write. Miracles can happen, though not often.

if you didnt read how would you know to use the word indifference. also how do you know what people really feel

because i read the first sentence of your long ass comment? and also, are you new or something? mostly the same people come to this site and they all hate him. They are just very passive agressive about it. Just read one the threads about marr and you will found out

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair if they hate johnny, they should hate moz. he is hardly a saint lol

that's true, but at this point don't expect to understand solo´s logic

http://mapleharbour.ca/lifestyle/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Peter_Rabbit_article_detail.png

I have a special spot in my heart for this wabbit.

because i read the first sentence of your long ass comment? and also, are you new or something? mostly the same people come to this site and they all hate him. They are just very passive agressive about it. Just read one the threads about marr and you will found out

- - - Updated - - -

that's true, but at this point don't expect to understand solo´s logic

no im not new but if theres so many examples why not show some and be more convincing. should be easy for you right. i guess your statement should have read to long for me, read one line but still claim to understand what was said. i dont believe things as simple as youd seem to like them to be. is there no room for a gradation of emotional responses or is there only extreme outliers for you in your interpretation and determining of others feelings

um have you seen/read watership down? bunnies are scary :squiffy:

noooooooo. but i know from my own experience bunnies can be scary. i had a netherland dwarf once and his red eyes should have tipped me off to his demonic qualities. he had the not so cute habit of charging at people and biting them. on one occassion, when i opened the door of my room in which i had enclosed him, seconds after i had entered he ran at me from under my bed, bit my foot, and even as blood ran everywhere, wouldnt back off. i had to hop onto a chair and swat at him with a big floppy brimmed hat as he ran all around the chair with crazed intentions, until finally my mom came up and rescued me. he was a dear little thing though. used to lay under my art easel all day when i was in the sweet repose of illness, the only one who ever made use of that thing.

why, what are the bunnies like in watership down?

I disagree. He looks much better now. His haircuts were dreadful.

I thought his hair then was pretty good but now it just looks like some weird sixties cut that hasn't been cut for a while and its not doing him any favors in the image department though he may not care about public opinion and just his own

I thought his hair then was pretty good but now it just looks like some weird sixties cut that hasn't been cut for a while and its not doing him any favors in the image department though he may not care about public opinion and just his own

i agree, he should have stayed with this haircut for longer, he looked better (i hate that brian jones haircut he used to have in the smiths) and yeah he doesn't look good now imo

f23df3a67c949a07330ca5003fd8fe7c.jpg

b31d4aea8677a44886933c2e636d66c8.jpg

noooooooo. but i know from my own experience bunnies can be scary. i had a netherland dwarf once and his red eyes should have tipped me off to his demonic qualities. he had the not so cute habit of charging at people and biting them. on one occassion, when i opened the door of my room in which i had enclosed him, seconds after i had entered he ran at me from under my bed, bit my foot, and even as blood ran everywhere, wouldnt back off. i had to hop onto a chair and swat at him with a big floppy brimmed hat as he ran all around the chair with crazed intentions, until finally my mom came up and rescued me. he was a dear little thing though. used to lay under my art easel all day when i was in the sweet repose of illness, the only one who ever made use of that thing.

why, what are the bunnies like in watership down?

Oh god, that's funny. It reminded me of the dwarf rabbit I used to have. He got zapped far too many times. He loved to chew on the electrical cords. I would be watching TV and all of a sudden there is a power outage. He never bit me though. I love the way they yawn too. Pretty cute.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom