Kelis rejects PETA demands to stop wearing fur

Kewpie

Subscriber
http://www.nme.com/news/kelis/49257

Kelis has defended wearing fur in a public in a MySpace blog addressed to PETA.

Writing in response to a letter she received from the animal-rights organisation, Kelis suggested that wearing fur is not as serious an issue as "women being maimed", the continued use of sweatshops or women's rights in America, all of which should take priority.

"There is no humane way to kill anything," she admitted in the blog, but said she thought wearing fur was acceptable.

"If I started wearing endangered animals like polar bear or orangutan then talk to me (which for the record I would not - I do believe in the preservation of endangered species)," she wrote. "But the minks and chinchilla that quite honestly are rodents and if [they] weren't in the form of a coat, I would demand they be put to death anyway."

She added: "[By the way] it's not just the look of fur. It's warm as hell and feels glorious - ever rubbed faux fur on your body? Nothing luxurious about that."

Kelis ended the blog by advising those who want to "preach" to her to "do it about something worthwhile [and not] waste my time trying to save the dang chipmunk".

I hate Kelis so much right now!!!!!! :mad:

Kelis ended the blog by advising those who want to "preach" to her to "do it about something worthwhile [and not] waste my time trying to save the dang chipmunk".

I think she's got a good point.

I have an internet-based radio thingy called Slacker, which loads up songs based on preferences I set--it's billed as custom radio. The other day, I saw "Kelis" pop up as the next artist and silently cursed the damned gadget. But when the song came on, it was "I'm Not Sorry" from Quarry, and had somehow been miscoded. This is a strange coincidence. Maybe it means something?

Now I feel like CG. I want to see what she can make of this. :)

There are more important things but the less important things should be avoided. She gives poor reasons, it feels good. Eh? I think you could go without.

Everything she says is bullshit. It's the ultimate display of extreme naivity and very low intelligence. It's people like her who make this world a terrible place.

Wearing fur is inhumane. I saw the way they would skin the animal alive. People who don't want to feel guilty about their irresponsible bahavior will always react ignorantly.

No, I think that's just a PETA thing.

They are easier to skin when the animals are already dead and much less dangerous for the person performing the nasty deed.

Then J. Lo's clothing line has some explaining to do. There was footage taking from one of the "fur farms" that she gets her fur from and they skin the animals alive. Harrowing footage, I was screaming, cursing and crying.
the China fur trade is notorious for skinning animals alive.

http://www.humanesociety.org/issues/campaigns/fur_free/
They still do this?! Animal Fur is still not being labeled properly.

No, I think that's just a PETA thing.

They are easier to skin when the animals are already dead and much less dangerous for the person performing the nasty deed.

PETA does a lot of things I don't agree with, but one thing they do right is get actual videos of the way animals are killed for someone to wear fur.

fur is dead

"Millions of fur-bearing animals including foxes, raccoons, minks, coyotes, bobcats, lynxes, opossums, nutria, beavers, muskrats, otters, and others are killed each year on fur farms by anal and vaginal electrocution and in the wild by drowning, trapping, or beating."

They need to kill them in ways that don't damage their coats. They need to work quickly. Many animals are unconscious but not dead. Some of them are quite conscious. It's pain and suffering for profit.

Tags
hbiculuv2h8
Back
Top Bottom