leeds festival yesterday

• Thread starter the topless tandoori
  • Start date
T

the topless tandoori

brought back good memorys of the moz appearance in 2004 , but not really a patch on some previous years top bands for mine were "the others" and "the foos"
"the tears " seemed to have one of the worst turn outs of all, their tent was half empty as i went past.
"babyshambles" could have filled the same tent 4 times over.

> brought back good memorys of the moz appearance in 2004 , but not really a
> patch on some previous years top bands for mine were "the
> others" and "the foos"
> "the tears " seemed to have one of the worst turn outs of all,
> their tent was half empty as i went past.
> "babyshambles" could have filled the same tent 4 times over.

The Tears and Babyshambles, sounds like an afternoon in hell!

Glad you had fun though.

Yeah, not a patch on last years line up, but it was all worthwhile for Babyshambles alone, who were excellent I thought!

I was very surprised at the empty tent for the Tears which leads me to wonder why Babyshambles were not headlining this tent?

The Charlatans were pretty boring, and Dinosaur Jr too, caught a bit of the Foos who were good, but Arcade Fire surprised me, overall they were impressive.

I was at Reading, but i agree with you, it was so sad not to have Morrissey there. I walked past the Smirnoff Ice bar & they were playing 'This Charming Man' (very original) which made me gleeful for a wee while, but it just wasn't the same!

The Tears were really good. I missed Babyshambles for Bad Religion, because i wasn't sure if they were even going to show, & the number of scenesters makes me vomit.

NOFX were the highlight of the weekend for me, absolutely blinding set, funniest live band i've ever seen (with good music to back it up).
As for bands that should've been in different tents, Arctic Monkeys should definitely have been moved from the Carling tent to the NME one. I wish i hadn't left after Mystery Jets to get a strongbow, there was no way to get back in. At least i've seen them once & bought one of the pre-release tickets for their next gig here!

The line ups weren't great
The Charlatans, Dinosaur Jr and Pixes - it's like going back in time 12 years.

I don't think they could have beat last years Saturday at Reading, where else would you have had Morrissey, magic mushrooms and a Suggs replacing Moz rumour?

> Yeah, not a patch on last years line up, but it was all worthwhile for
> Babyshambles alone, who were excellent I thought!

yeah i heard that the shambles were superb - i think petes songs are a bit special - i am really looking forward to his new album. music with urgency!!!

yes the charlatons were boring, i hate the way they get their selves on every festival bill every year in fact i just hate them full stop!

I can't agree with you more, I thought they were shite when they were around first time when they got on the baggy bandwaggon, I can't believe they re still on the go.

Morrissey was great in Leeds last year, the heavens opened as he left the stage i remember that well...very apt, imported from the Pennines especially i bet.
The poor White Stripes had to follow and they just...well...couldn't follow him, no shame in that mind.
I was there on Saturday this year, pretty good line up....The Weddoes were excellent but playing far far too early, Elbow were great too....i'll post a song up from their upcoming album which is spellblinding, if yer like that sort a thing. QOFTA rocked along nicely, The Killers were undewhelming i thought and sounded a bit weak, leaving the Pixies who were excellent...as you'd probably expect.
cheers, take care
love
Kes x

As promised shhhhhhhh a new Elbow track.

enjoyyyyyyyy from their new album
http://s36.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1B7Y3JSBJHQK70S5P9BIHB97AP

"Station Approach"

I haven’t been myself of late
I haven’t slept for several days but

Coming home I feel like I
Designed these buildings I walk by
You know you drive me up the wall
I need to see your face that’s all
You little sod I love your eyes
Be everything to me tonight

The streets are full of Goths and Greeks
I haven’t seen my mum for weeks but
Coming home I feel like I
Designed these buildings I walk by
You know you drive me up the wall
I need to see your face that’s all
You little sod I love your eyes
Be everything to me tonight

I never know what I want but I know when
I’m low that I need to be in the town
Where they know what I’m like and don’t mind

Re: As promised shhhhhhhh a new Elbow track.

love that song. i work in picadilly gardens in manchester and have been listening to their album on the bus on the way to work for the last two weeks. very very good especially as some of the songs reference that part of manchester. i went to leeds for the weekend and met elbow at the signing tent. got the bass player to sign my nipple and got a pic of guy.

watched hot hot heat who were alright on sunday. then got to the front of the tent for arcade fire and babyshambles. how full was the tent? loved every second. especially the seconds after taking herbal drugs

BeautifuL song KeZ.....

Sucker love is heaven sent.
You pucker up, our passion’s spent.
My hearts a tart, your body’s rent.
My body’s broken, yours is spent.

Carve your name into my arm.
Instead of stressed, I lie here charmed.
Cuz there’s nothing else to do,
Every me and every you.

Sucker love, a box I choose.
No other box I choose to use.
Another love I would abuse,
No circumstances could excuse.

In the shape of things to come.
Too much poison come undone.
Every me and every you.
Every me and every you,
Every me...he

Sucker love is known to swing.
Prone to cling and waste these things.
Pucker up for heavens sake.
There’s never been so much at stake.

I serve my head up on a plate.
It’s only comfort, calling late.
Every me and every you.
Every me and every you,
Every me...he

Every me and every you,
Every me...he

Like the naked leads the blind.
I know I’m selfish, I’m unkind.
Sucker love I always find,
Someone to bruise and leave behind.

All alone in space and time.
There’s nothing here but what here’s here’s mine.
Something borrowed, something blue.
Every me and every you.
Every me and every you,
Every me...he

Every me and every you,
Every me...
Every me and every you,
Every me...
Every me and every you,
Every me...
Every me and every you,
Every me...