Mike Joyce presenting 2 hour radio special on The Smiths (Oct 13)

Press release

11th October 2011

MIKE JOYCE TO PRESENT 2 HOUR SPECIAL ON THE SMITHS (archive link)

Legendary ex-drummer of The Smiths MIKE JOYCE will be playing a selection of his favourite SMITHS tracks and giving his own personal insight into each track

To be broadcast on EAST VILLAGE RADIO Thursday 13th October 2011 3pm -5pm (GMT)

MIKE JOYCE: “Ok folks, I said last week that I was going to play a few select tracks from The Smiths new box set, "Complete" which has just been released on Rhino Records.
The idea of playing a “few” has gone out the window because I found it just too difficult to choose, but I’ve been whittling away and I've finally managed to get it down to 24 tracks, which is a rather convenient 2 hours...The same time as the show!
So next week (13th October) The Coalition Chart Show will have a week off and we're going to have a bit of a "Smiths" special.
I'll be playing tracks off every album that's been released, plus a little insight into each track.
All the albums, studio/ compilation and live that we released have been re-mastered by Johnny Marr.

The Cloud Control session (which is incredible btw) will be aired the following Thursday (20th of October)”
Thursday 13th October 2011 3pm -5pm (GMT)

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah move on, the Smiths split in 1987 the court case 10 years after, Morrissey hearrd about it
allready when Joyce and Rourke worked with him on a single in 1989/90, iNTERSTING DRUG OR PLAYBOYS

and don't try to impress me with big letters, I've caps too as you see

Joyce knew very well about the properties, but he tried, and when
Morrissey lawyers acted, he backed down fast

big deal, move on

he was a Smith,as Andy ,Marr&Morrissey

Again, please read what I said about the houses..... Mike / his lawyers didnt back down fast. Once Morrissey transferred ownership from his name to that of his mum / sisters name, they had no legal right to make a claim on the properties. Nothing to do with Morrissey's lawyers acting, the law of the land prevented them from doing so.

And Morrissey's case against the NME has taken 4 years to get to court and still not been heard yet..... these things take time.

And you think I'm trying to impress you? Ha!

Incorrect. The first post Beatles number 1 was George Harrison's 'My Sweet Lord'.
And remember, Ringo wasn't even the best drummer in The Beatles ;)

You're right! I looked it up. Maybe you know what I think I read then. It was a John Lennon interview and he was talking about being jealous of Ringo, jokingly, when Ringo had a hit single.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom