Montreal, QC - MTELUS (Apr. 29, 2019) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Is It Really So Strange? / Alma Matters / Hairdresser On Fire / I Wish You Lonely / How Soon Is Now? / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Girl Afraid / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Morning Starship / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / Back On The Chain Gang / The Bullfighter Dies / Life Is A Pigsty / Jack The Ripper / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Something Is Squeezing My Skull / What She Said // First Of The Gang To Die

Setlist provided by FDR

• Photo from @bythewayimmav / Instagram. Link posted by Famous when dead.

full

Last edited:
https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Styxhexenhammer666

I don’t possibly have the time to do anything other than point you to a link, but you can read the majority of his views here. There’s also a video somewhere where he goes on about his love for Varg Vikernes, but I can’t find it right now.
The Zyklon B view is highly debatable but I have no truck with him challenging how many died in the Holocaust. Even Jewish historians have admitted they don’t really have an accurate number. I’d like to see the video where he speaks on the subject to hear is views in full rather than notoriously unreliable Wikipedia. That being said, I don’t necessarily take those views to mean he is a Nazi either.

Good show - “Girl Afraid” was definitely unexpected. And sounded really good. I’ll never understand why he insists on playing stuff like “If you don’t like me....” and “Munich air disaster...” and “world peace...” right smack in the middle of the show (or at all, really). It kills the energy in the room for all but 15% of the crowd. And it’s not as though these are special new tour rarites.... he’s been dolling out these songs for 2-5 years.

Yeah yeah...... I know, it’s his show and he can sing what he wants. But just saying these sort of songs don’t really go over very well. Surely there are other songs that would fit his current mood?

Overall, a B.

Exactly my comment about the Saturday night play list. I'm a huge Smiths / Moz fan and I was like wtf? Way to take the sails out mid show.

The Zyklon B view is highly debatable but I have no truck with him challenging how many died in the Holocaust. Even Jewish historians have admitted they don’t really have an accurate number. I’d like to see the video where he speaks on the subject to hear is views in full rather than notoriously unreliable Wikipedia. That being said, I don’t necessarily take those views to mean he is a Nazi either.

I didn’t actually say that he is a “Nazi,” but an unsavoury character with some morally repugnant views, yes. The fact that many people here are even debating this is depressing as hell. Not as depressing as Morrissey having a boner for this guy, but depressing nonetheless.

Moz was talkin' about that fella who was tryin' to kick some wisdom while drinkin' out of a picklin' jar.
Did ya really think Wild T was gonna listen to ya try and kick wisdom while drinkin' out of a picklin' jar?
The reason those picklin' jars got tops like that, is so that they form a proper seal.
Those hipsters got a hold of picklin' jars and started usin'em to drink out of.
Ya won't never catch Wild T listenin' to some hipster wisdom.

:thumb:

Yeah, I was all set to subscribe to styxhexenhammer666’s
channel, then he goes and picks up that damn picklin’ jar and starts drinking from it !o_O
I couldn’t have turned it off faster when I saw that! drinking from a picklin’ jar?!
now THAT’S where I draw the line !

Though rumor has it that styx will be opening for M at the Broadway shows,
hope the folks enjoy his hour long talk as he drinks from a picklin’ jar.

;)

:thumb:

Yeah, I was all set to subscribe to styxhexenhammer666’s
channel, then he goes and picks up that damn picklin’ jar and starts drinking from it !o_O
I couldn’t have turned it off faster when I saw that! drinking from a picklin’ jar?!
now THAT’S where I draw the line !

Though rumor has it that styx will be opening for M at the Broadway shows,
hope the folks enjoy his hour long talk as he drinks from a picklin’ jar.

;)

The thing is what does he drink?? The colour of it seems strange. :p

I only know that an innocent person related to me died in a concentration camp. That's all the number I need.

Last edited:
https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Styxhexenhammer666

I don’t possibly have the time to do anything other than point you to a link, but you can read the majority of his views here. There’s also a video somewhere where he goes on about his love for Varg Vikernes, but I can’t find it right now.
It annoys me that the author is putting in his/her/zir own opinions. It's supposed to be completely objective and informational.
"The claim that human populations did not "mix" (interbreed) is particularly absurd[citation needed].
"
Note that they had no citation or even an explanation why he's wrong. He claimed that we shouldn't trace race back to the humanoids in Africa because different races only came about as people migrated out of Africa. "Only when they geographically diverged and were not largely mixing with one another did they turn into modern races." First, they couldn't largely mix with each other because they were in different places in the world, and so they mostly mixed amongst themselves. Secondly, if they did largely mix with each other, we wouldn't have such clear cut races now. We'd be a world of mixed people.

They also said:"He believes anti-vaxers are wrong, which just goes to show how stupid anti-vax rhetoric is when this guy goes against it."

For Christs sake...

I'm not particularly a styxhex fan, but that annoys me like mad.
I didn't read that to hear someone's half-baked ideas and pathetic jabs.

It annoys me that the author is putting in his/her/zir own opinions. It's supposed to be completely objective and informational.
"The claim that human populations did not "mix" (interbreed) is particularly absurd[citation needed].
"
Note that they had no citation or even an explanation why he's wrong. He claimed that we shouldn't trace race back to the humanoids in Africa because different races only came about as people migrated out of Africa. "Only when they geographically diverged and were not largely mixing with one another did they turn into modern races." First, they couldn't largely mix with each other because they were in different places in the world, and so they mostly mixed amongst themselves. Secondly, if they did largely mix with each other, we wouldn't have such clear cut races now. We'd be a world of mixed people.

They also said:"He believes anti-vaxers are wrong, which just goes to show how stupid anti-vax rhetoric is when this guy goes against it."

For Christs sake...

The only thing you need to know is that this guy is a f***ing Nazi and Morrissey wants you to know he likes him.

i have to say, being mad at Morrissey makes him seem that much sexier, im not really sure why. funny how that works. or maybe he really just is that sexy.

why did you abandon me my sexy man, whyyyyyyyyyy? why do you like that awful styx guy better than me, whyyyyyyyy?

"

For Christs sake...

I have read that Wiki page and pretty much everything on there can be verified through his own YouTube videos, so it’s regardless of the citations (or lack of), it’s all three online. You Say that you are “not particularly a Styxhex fan,” so are you just kinda a fan then?

I don't know why he's telling Canadian crowds about this Nazi guy. Canadians aren't into things like that. we're laid back and cool and holistic. one look at that triple decker combo of archaic terms that comically intense putty skinned, picklin' jar drinkin' freak goes by and we're like "ehhhh…. no thanks". I mean, maybe he'd hook a few people if this were the American south. but that shit aint gonna fly in Canada, mmkay, mozzer. aint gonna fly.

Back
Top Bottom