Morrissey’s lyrics have been the weakest thing about Morrissey’s music since 2004

• Thread starter Deleted member 1074
  • Start date
The Beatles, Stones, Sex Pistols and Smiths wouldn't exist without black music. Period. Your confused myopia is both tragic and deeply boring.
I didn't know Somalian music was such an influence on the above bands, LOL.

So...Knockabout World just happened. Thread more relevant than ever.
I actually like all three songs - Morrissey's voice sounds great, and the tunes are interesting in that they are catchy and at least exploring slightly different territory than the past. However, it has to be said that the lyrics for all three are completely inane, and without any new ideas, wit or wisdom - this is the sort of vapid, shallow nonsense that Morrissey in his prime used to rip other pop artists for.

Is the entire album going to be at this level? If so, I really think he needs to start working with a lyricist for the next album. Maybe he could collaborate with another artist he respsects? He's just done an entire album of covers, so there's no shame in singing someone else's words.

So i’m a moron because i’m being factually correct in stating you’re a man? Logic is clearly not your strong point.

No, you’re a moron because you’re a moron. Try to keep up.

Certainly better than your comebacks. I see you’ve changed your profile pic? Hmm...wonder why that might be?

Nawe, not really.

Because they allow animated gifs as avatars now. Not because of your f***** ass. Lawl.

Nawe, not really.

Because they allow animated gifs as avatars now. Not because of your f***** ass. Lawl.

Oh yes they are dear! I’m also not the only one here who thinks that, as i’ve seen other people claim the same thing. There is no need to lie. We both know you changed it because you felt self-conscious after i called you out for being a man.

I hate to say it, but I feel his lyrics have become much lazier over the years. They used to be scalpel sharp, but now they're much more of a blunt instrument. There are occasional flashes of the old brilliance, but the Smiths-era lyrics have so many great moments you ... strange as this sounds ... take it for granted after a while, because the brilliant lines don't stand out next to so many other brilliant lines. I mean, take a line like, "The air hangs heavy like a dulling wine". When was the last time that Morrissey wrote eight words and conjured a world in this way? I still think some of his latter-day lyrics are pretty good, though, especially as they are sung. 'Scandinavia', for instance, is great. 'Mother Lies Softly on the Riverbed', while it wouldn't be great written down, becomes great in its delivery, etc.

Oh yes they are dear! I’m also not the only one here who thinks that, as i’ve seen other people claim the same thing. There is no need to lie. We both know you changed it because you felt self-conscious after i called you out for being a man.

I don’t give a f*** about you or anyone else here or what any of you think. rofl.

I can see a shocking escalation of the Great Replacement/Kalergi Plan not only on the streets of my city and country but on advertising and television to quite a shocking degree. Even if you use a cashpoint in London the screen will greet you with images of race miscegenation (the usual white woman with her black boyfriend).

I don't enjoy Orwellian propaganda and I don't enjoy rich capitalists flooding Europe with cheap scab labour that steals jobs and lowers wages. And furthermore condescendingly telling me it is all for the enrichment of my culture. Well, the British culture that created The Beatles, Stones, Sex Pistols, Smiths doesn't f***ing need enrichment.

We need to ensure the brightest and best fish stay in the sea and concentrate on making it aquatically prosperous, instead of coming up here onto the land and beginning the process of evolution that will eventually lead to all life on Earth as we know it.

Reality is too full. I liked it when there was nothing.

Back
Top Bottom