11-22 St. Louis, MO - Peabody Opera House
11-25 Chicago, IL - Riviera Theater
11-28 Detroit, MI - The Fillmore Detroit
11-30 Washington, DC - The Anthem
12-02 New York, NY - Theatre at Madison Square Garden
12-04 Philadelphia, PA - The Fillmore
12-07 Boston, MA - Orpheum Theatre

^ with Billy Idol

Ticketmaster / Live Nation starting to show on sale dates for shows Sep. 29, pre-sales starting Sep. 25.

UPDATE 5:00 PM PT:

Image from Morrissey Official FB:

40800_2017_tour.jpg

Related item:

Last edited:
Fifteen dates. What's the over/under on the number of cancellations?

If I am not mistaken someone here will do the maths.
Maybe it will provoke someone else to do his maths too and dispute the outcome.
But in any case we, mozbots, hatebots or nobots have a rough estimation and that's what counts! Yawn. :sleeping:
This is getting insane, though funny.
Only here at Moz solo. :D

Hopefully UK dates soon, although I live in the constant fear that I will lose out on ticket and be forced to purchase from those terribly toxic re-sale sites.
The whole band are in the uk on 2 October, so they could easily have done a mini tour (or one show)...

He'll play it. I'm concerned about the Fillmore, never been and layout is all general admission standing. Not sure how to cope with that type of venue.
What do you mean? Just show up and find a spot to stand. It's quite simple, really. No coping involved.

'What is good to me could be torturous to others, ' :thumb:

'It strikes me as sad, when it should be joyous,and only possessing the illusion of meaningfulness for what strike me as people who struggle to find meaning for themselves.'

yes, this is your opinion on how you see it based on your beliefs of what is wrong and right. Though what 'should be joyous' to you is joyous to them and it is meaning found for them, we can make judgements about others but it doesn't mean we are right. To each their own, etc. Unless you know the meaning of life? then please share it with others less fortunate, so they too will know who and what to love and not love.

Along as you're not hurting other living beings and creatures, then I say... 'Do what thou wilt' :)
I agree with your version. I also agree with mine. I see it as cultish, obsessive, and exploitive (in both directions) as well. But then, these folks willingly go along, so it's their life. I just know if I were on my deathbed, I wouldn't cherish time spent in pursuit of such narrow focus. A bit like the movie Groundhog's day. Isn't that what it is, at the root? A wish to relive one's best day, and best feeling? I don't think such a thing is possible, and it seems like damaging nostalgia gone awry. But at least it isn't heroin, as far as addictions go.

I am hoping to see several shows from this tour. Does anyone out there know if the "Bundle" presale codes can be used for multiple venues and does anyone know if there is a limit of more than 2 per order? Im stuck with 2 stepsons who are now morrissey/Smith freaks and none of us have ever seen him live.

As long as they make provision for the disabled, standing only venues are my favourite by a country mile.
but what if someone really tall stands in front of you? is it hard to see above the heads? do you get claustrophobia? what if someone spills their drink on you? where do you put your hat and gloves?

A bit like the movie Groundhog's day. Isn't that what it is, at the root? A wish to relive one's best day, and best feeling? I don't think such a thing is possible, and it seems like damaging nostalgia gone awry. But at least it isn't heroin, as far as addictions go.
i never thought of it like that. i think you hit the nail on the head. (but oddly, now that you said it, i can kind of understand why they do it, being a bit of a nostalgia monger myself)

As long as they make provision for the disabled, standing only venues are my favourite by a country mile.

Well, that's a good point Surface. I didn't think of access for the disabled when replying to the OP on the topic. Of course that is important and pretty much mandated for nearly all venues.

And yes - general admission shows are the best!

.....but I've never seen the point in uprooting your life for the same songs, and devoting 24-48 wasted hours for 60-90 minute shows all depending on the tour.

Well, one can do things in the cities one visits to see Morrissey outside of the 60-90 minutes of stage time...... so not exactly wasted if you enjoy checking out different places.

but what if someone really tall stands in front of you? is it hard to see above the heads? do you get claustrophobia? what if someone spills their drink on you? where do you put your hat and gloves?

In most standing venues, they have a raised area for people in wheelchairs so non of those challenges are an issue.

Well, one can do things in the cities one visits to see Morrissey outside of the 60-90 minutes of stage time...... so not exactly wasted if you enjoy checking out different places.
I don't know about that. I saw him in Spokane, and that place was f***ing misery.

Vina Robles is literally about a mile (maybe less?) from where James Dean died if you want to wear your spooky shoes to that show. :cool:

Wait maybe not technically. He died at the hospital a few miles west. He crashed there. Still cool.

Does anyone know the presale code for the Phoenix show? I ordered "Low in High School" from Mporium and I'm hoping they will send me the presale code. Thanks in advance.

Vina Robles is literally about a mile (maybe less?) from where James Dean died if you want to wear your spooky shoes to that show. :cool:

Wait maybe not technically. He died at the hospital a few miles west. He crashed there. Still cool.
Oh wait my bad it's like a half hour drive, about 30 minutes. But guess what? I bet you a dollar James Dean technically died within a one mile radius of Vino Robles Ampitheater in the back of an ambulance on Highway 46. That took forever to answer, Jesus. Had to build a goddam AMPITHEATER. :straightface:

Tags
fillmore philadelphia tour.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom