Morrissey gets hit in the eye (video)

:eek: That looked painful :eek: damn flowers! :mad: :D And look at johnny, all concerned and wtf, looking for him :o awww....

btw, I defy any man to hit that Morrissey octave :cool:

One can only hope... I felt so bad for him when I read about the sausages thing. After I stopped laughing.

That's cruel....you laughed...hah. I had a small laugh. :D
But then I felt bad for him too though, cuz I imagined having a link of sausages hurled at my face, not cool...but I read, or at least remember reading that they were soy, it was all a joke. If they truly were, and he realized and knew that, I wonder if he would have reacted the same way...?

I never got to see The Smiths in concert though there were a couple opportunities I could have and thinking back I kind of kick myself now, but watching these old clips/vids of The Smiths, the shows look a bit boring. The songs seem hurried and Morrissey didn't talk to the audience back then.
Even back in the early 90's he didn't talk much if at all. I like his ways now.

I wonder what changed with him...did he just mature, or get more comfortable? Has he ever claimed to have stage fright or similar ever?

Even back in the early 90's he didn't talk much if at all. I like his ways now.

I wonder what changed with him...did he just mature, or get more comfortable? Has he ever claimed to have stage fright or similar ever?

From true-to-you:
"I have no idea why I talk so much onstage when, years ago, I would virtually sing with my mouth closed - sealed up like an envelope until the final song. Now, I stick one word after another in the hope of making a sentence. Occasionally, it works."

When do you think this changed? During the Oye Esteban tour, or even later?

When do you think this changed? During the Oye Esteban tour, or even later?

Yes it really changed with the Oye Esteban tour. Perhaps because, having no new release to promote, he was just playing for hardcore fans, many of which following him around and always found in the first few rows. He felt he was amongst friends. Or perhaps he was afraid at that point of never getting another record contract and this pushed him to communicate with his audience more. Or maybe it just took him all those years to be comfortable enough to communicate with the crowd.

Stephane

I think it's the case of the shy guy getting comfortable finally. Michael Stipe had a similar timeline.

Back
Top Bottom