Morrissey interview (recorded Mar. 19) to be broadcast on Mexican radio station Reactor 105 Mar. 20

Re: Morrissey March 19th interview to be broadcast in Mexican radio station March 20t

9a286d6490d311e2a59b22000a9f3c66_7.jpg

http://instagram.com/p/XDXHTOOF_h/

Re: Article: Morrissey interview (recorded Mar. 19) to be broadcast on Mexican radio

Look, I'm here listening to some tunes: Paloma Faith, Radiohead, The Jam, Lou Reed, Evie Sands, Elvis, Morrissey, Tony Cristie, Amy Winehouse, Amy MacDonald, Coldplay, Eddie Cochran, Jackie De Shannon, Paloma Faith, John Cale, The Doors, Alison Moyet, Billy Fury, Pauline Murray, tlovely Rowetta and Peter Hook (New Order2) and last but not least, the best singer from Hull, Roland Gift - all massively talented artists.

But Lou Reed, Morrissey, Eddie Cochran and Elvis are just legends. All 4 have that special gift - when singing they make the hairs stand up at the back of your neck. They sing about a troublesome situation, nico moaning about this and that, a boxer, a disaster or a love story or a playboy or life falling apart. All 4 sounding as fresh now in 2013 than they did back in 1958, or in 1968-71, or in 2009, or finally in 1977 when we were running around after Debby Harry.

Has anyone seen the latest shows ? Do you LISTEN ? Did you get YOR and then before that ROTT and do you HEAR what's going on ? Under the vocals ? YOR ? It might sound odd, but just the other day, someone described Jesse as "plodding." I hear some amazing musical arrangements - and I heard them in 2012, 2009, 2007, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2002, 2001, 1999, 1997, 1995, 1992 and 1991, but I just don't hear "plodding" - I've never heard plodding. I never heard or read anything so daft from someone who supposedly is a fan slating Jesse for "plodding." My god. Maybe he gets this reputation because he is quiet and just gets on with it, but it's totally unfair.

I can't believe anyone who thinks Morrissey and Boz sit here and there and ever (EVER) want to be - or to even sound like - Green Day !
Why - because they shared the same producer ? That's all ? That's all you think ? They shared the same producer because there are only a handful of great producers left not because they wanted to be Green Day. One amazing Producer is in jail (and probably never going to come out again) and the other is Visconti. And the other is working with U2.

God knows what the band think when they read this stuff. I know EVERYONE is entitled to an opinion - even those of you that are totally tone deaf - but believe me, if the band were shit, Morrissey would know. If you didnt' know already, Morrissey actually stands on the bloody stage, night after night, right next to these guys and he listens whilst they are rocking and playing some amazing stuff. I just don't get it. Some people are talented but many of you on here are not so talented, sad to say, or you are just making stuff up because you cannot say anything positive about anything or then again, perhaps you do believe this shit, which is somewhat disturbing.

My god, rescue me quickly !

Hazard
UK.

Re: Article: Morrissey interview (recorded Mar. 19) to be broadcast on Mexican radio

And it's too bad Alain didn't get much praise from Morrissey, but when you leave camp Morrissey (even if there are extentuating circumstances) there will never be much.

While I wouldn't rule out Morrissey working with new collaborators, he's obviously happy with Jesse and Boz' songwriting contributions. I'd like to see a little more competition for a co-writing credits on the next album, but...

What do you mean ? ROTT was partially written by Alain Whyte and YOR also (Am I living in another world or didn't you spot the song-writing credits ?)
Alain is also writing songs for others and doing fine and also gets plenty of credit from the band and Morrissey already !

Well if I may "just throw something out there" as you put it.
Does anybody give a f*** really ? Its over and by the comments on here it sounds like the penny has finally dropped with the Morrissey youth. He's not a genious or a music leg-end. He lives to tour my arse! He lives to tour for CASH on the nail.
And you cannot tour if your un-insurable and you cannot tour-whore with the same old shit-butchered songs churned out like sausages by Boz/Tobias and co family butchers.
To put it simply Morrissey has ruined himself and his legacy by being a full-on bell-end.

Jim Royal

Oh and Hi Steven M on your sick-bed reading these comments (He comes hear no danger)

Is this Mike Joyce again? Aren't you so very, very clever using Morrissey's given name. I'll bet he is in Cabo crying because you are sooooo mean! Morrissey is one of the most profound, prolific, and brilliant writers in the history of pop music, and a couple of poor songs do not diminish this status. What I would like to know, since you are so critical of Morrissey's accomplishments, is what great contribution have you given the world; is it recorded for future generations to explore and cherish? Did it greatly influence others in your field? I think not! Are you a better musician than Boz? Probably not. Additionally, I doubt that you speak for the disaffected youth of today when you use a phrase like "the penny has dropped", you crazy rapscallion. Finally, how can you speak on the reasons for Morrissey's touring? Only he knows his true motivations, and even if he wants to make money, who doesn't? People blast him for being a hypocrit, but what about those who criticize his success as if he should live in a studio apartment and eat government cheese, would any of you turn down the chance to be paid well for doing something that you love? So many of you attack Morrissey's character; the man has admitted to having emotional problems, so some of his odd behavior may be beyond his control, but what is your excuse?(Aspbergers, Assholes, What?). Morrissey has given me so much joy and consolation that I do feel that I owe him some emotional committment as repayment, let's call it a form of love. If you love someone, you do not turn your back on them if they start to falter, you do not berate them if they occasionally disappoint you. I hope to god that you do not have children, you'd probably go around complaining that everything that he/she has done since first grade has been crap. The man suffers from physical and emotional afflictions, yet you still attack him. Maybe you could go out and kick a three-legged dog or piss on a homeless person to feel better.

Lynnda

Does anyone have a link to this moon/June/spoon song?

Moon/June/Spoon isn't a literal reference. It's a way of describing a rubbish rhyming scheme.
http://www.ilxor.com/ILX/ThreadSele...okmarkedmessageid=9&boardid=41&threadid=47849

e.g.
'tongue against tongue
we've only just begun
could I interest you in hours of fun'

and, sorry, but that is complete and utter crap. even worse than Liam Gallagher's lyrics.

Well if I may "just throw something out there" as you put it.
Does anybody give a f*** really ? Its over and by the comments on here it sounds like the penny has finally dropped with the Morrissey youth. He's not a genious or a music leg-end. He lives to tour my arse! He lives to tour for CASH on the nail.
And you cannot tour if your un-insurable and you cannot tour-whore with the same old shit-butchered songs churned out like sausages by Boz/Tobias and co family butchers.
To put it simply Morrissey has ruined himself and his legacy by being a full-on bell-end.

Other than vent some bile, this reply didn't counter my argument at all. My point is there's no need to produce new music when you're continually selling out venues and your fans are fine coming to listen to it. It's not just this way with Morrissey, it could be said for anyone with a rabid fan base: U2, Coldplay, Depeche Mode...name any of the more significant acts of our time. They've got enough catalog to tour for years and continue filling venues, Morrissey does as well. You and your opinion are apparently in the minority.

Other than vent some bile, this reply didn't counter my argument at all. My point is there's no need to produce new music when you're continually selling out venues and your fans are fine coming to listen to it. It's not just this way with Morrissey, it could be said for anyone with a rabid fan base: U2, Coldplay, Depeche Mode...name any of the more significant acts of our time. They've got enough catalog to tour for years and continue filling venues, Morrissey does as well. You and your opinion are apparently in the minority.

I totally agree. He could pace himself better, touring at more managable intervals, playing the intimate venues that fans enjoy, and everyone would be happy. He could also venture into some new area. Personally, I think Morrisey should create a pictorial of his life rather than produce the autobiography. The problem with the autobiography is that if it does not contain the most salacious details of his life, many will be disapppointed, and as usual, will come on this site to rip him to shreds. He should save that book for his deathbed. Instead, he could compile photographs that represent his life, including personal ones that we have never seen. He could include personal notations or poetic verse that correlate to those images. Keep it personal, quiet, beautiful, and void of brash political statements, and I think that this would sell extremely well. I would buy at least two, one to preserve for ever, the others to salivate all over.

Back
Top Bottom