Morrissey on BBC 6 Music Live 2017 (Oct. 2, 2017, Maida Vale, London) - reminder / reports

Setlist:

You Have Killed Me / I Wish You Lonely / Spent The Day In Bed / Speedway / Istanbul / Ganglord / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage / Back On The Chain Gang / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / The Bullfighter Dies / When You Open Your Legs / Jack The Ripper / Home Is A Question Mark / All The Young People Must Fall In Love / My Love, I'd Do Anything for You (not played) / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris (not played)

Setlist provided by @NeilW70 / Twitter.

• BBC 6 Music Live video highlights (10 songs, UK only) - BBC iPlayer. Link posted by Jim_Royle.
  • Photos posted at BBC Radio 6 Music / Facebook (4 total)

40878_maida_vale_bbc6music.jpg

• From @NeilW70 / Twitter. Link posted by BrummieBoy.

Full #morrissey setlist at #maidavale. Looks like three more songs after went off air. Photo credit to @Dr_Paul_Thomas

40877_maida_vale_setlist.jpg
  • Link posted by an anonymous person:

Just a reminder poached from the BBC site for people wanting to watch/hear the show:

How to catch Moz tomorrow:

1) On the BBC website

Visit the BBC Radio 6 Music homepage at bbc.co.uk/6music to keep up-to-date with all the latest highlights from this year's 6 Music Live.

You'll be able to watch the live performances, plus an interview with Lauren, by visiting us from 11:30am each day.

Then, from 7pm each evening, you'll be able to watch each set on-demand, available for the following 30 days.

There'll also be a selection of video highlights and photos from all the acts available via the website.

2) On the BBC Red Button
Press Red from any BBC TV channel from midday each day to watch Morrissey, Mogwai, alt-J, Loyle Carner and Morrissey's sets live.

The performances will then be looped on Red Button, before a highlights programme goes live at 7pm.

There'll also be a special programme featuring the best bits from all the acts, available via the Red Button from Saturday 7 to Friday 13 October.

FULL RED BUTTON SCHEDULE (subject to change)

Monday 2 October: 12:00 - 16:15 / 19:00 - ongoing
Tuesday 3 October: ongoing - 12:00 / 12:00 - 22:00 / 22:50 - ongoing
Wednesday 4 October: ongoing - 12:00 / 12:00 - 15:45 / 19:00 - ongoing
Thursday 5 October: ongoing - 12:00 / 12:00 - ongoing
Friday 6 October: ongoing - 12:00 / 12:00 - ongoing
Saturday 7 October: ongoing - 17:50 / 22:00 - ongoing
Sunday 8 October: ongoing - 12:20 / 16:30 - 17:50 / 23:40 - ongoing
Monday 9 October: ongoing - 09:00 / 21:05 - ongoing
Tuesday 10 October: ongoing - 09:00 / 17:00 - 22:00 / 22:50 - ongoing
Wednesday 11 October: ongoing - 18:00 / 23:00 - ongoing
Thursday 12 October: ongoing - ongoing
Friday 13 October: ongoing - 22:00

3) On the Radio
Lauren Laverne will be taking her 6 Music show to Maida Vale, 10:00-13:00, each morning, featuring special editions of Memory Tapes, interviews with all the artists, and more build-up, before the live performance from 12:00.
Listen live, or on-demand for 30 days after broadcast, by following the links below:
4) On Facebook

Keep an eye on our 6 Music Facebook page every day from 10:30am to see Lauren in conversation with some of our acts and guests. They'll also pick the tracks to go on their Memory Tapes.

5) On Instagram

We'll be backstage on Instagram Stories, showcasing all the best photos from each performance.

6) On Twitter

Follow the conversation and share reactions on Twitter, and see some of the best moments from each session

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's try to focus on the songs if only for a little while.
Too difficult? Yes, I thought so.
Unremarkable is the kindest word I can come up with.

Hang the songwriters!

Morrissey is just now a deluded bitter old queen with an arse licking band, detached from what made and shaped him in the first place, I have seen him 9 times at various stages of his career, I wouldn't pay a pound to see the moaning old mincer now though, should have retired after the quarry days, how he knocked bowie is coming back to haunt big style, brilliant in his day , but not now I think he said

Anyone else here find it depressing the Pretenders cover is the best of the new at Maida Vale.

If you don't live in the UK, you don't get it.

BBC has a digital TV streaming called "red button" only available within the UK.

It said it would be available on the BBC website from 7PM tho and I can't find it (in the UK).

I’m in uk but still can’t get it even though it says 7pm

On 980 on sky....

Frustrating

What an exciting setlist this promises to be for the US fans. f***ing Speedway again and I see Paris was down too! Christ what a load of shite.

Someone posted an audio playback a few pages back which I used to listen to the show. I live in the u.s and it worked for me. It was a three hour clip and the morrissey bitbatatted at about two hours in

It said it would be available on the BBC website from 7PM tho and I can't find it (in the UK).

It might be some technical problem on BBC?

Although I have a digital TV, the landlord doesn't provide a proper outdoor aerial, I can't use red button.

It might be some technical problem on BBC?

Although I have a digital TV, the landlord doesn't provide a proper outdoor aerial, I can't use red button.

Well I think there is a stream of the audio somewhere now, albeit only what was originally broadcast. I have set the BBC RB one to record, hoping it shows all of it.

Genuine question: I wonder how being against the religion of Islam is racist. I assume it's because most folks who are Islamic are Arab (like being anti-Catholic might be confused with being anti-Irish maybe). I suppose one could argue that being anti Islam is actually being pro-Islam since Islam is--not across the board, but in many instances--a little harsh and unkind to women especially. So out of love for the Arab people one could hope and wish for them to be freed from the bonds of a restrictive religion that can at times be oppressive. ... again, I'm truly not pushing an agenda, and I don't agree with the above sentiment. I'm just curious what people think of this point of view. Is it BS or does it make sense? Could this be where Morrissey is coming from?

Genuine question: I wonder how being against the religion of Islam is racist. I assume it's because most folks who are Islamic are Arab (like being anti-Catholic might be confused with being anti-Irish maybe). I suppose one could argue that being anti Islam is actually being pro-Islam since Islam is--not across the board, but in many instances--a little harsh and unkind to women especially. So out of love for the Arab people one could hope and wish for them to be freed from the bonds of a restrictive religion that can at times be oppressive. ... again, I'm truly not pushing an agenda, and I don't agree with the above sentiment. I'm just curious what people think of this point of view. Is it BS or does it make sense? Could this be where Morrissey is coming from?

I certainly understand your point, but I guess the accusations of racism come from anti-immigration sentiments... Again, whether this is actually racist or not is debatable, the problem is it is hard to see someone's motives. I do agree though that the issues of immigration is certainly not a simple one like a lot of people seem to make out, a question of morality and nothing else.

Like thousands of others I applied for tickets for the show and i wasn't disappointed i didn't get them. After the last album world peace which I thought was a load of tripe, it doesn't look good for low in high school, like others have commented back on the chain gang was a bit of a highlight, his new stuff doesn't gird the loins as it were. I'm a morrissey and smiths fan since day one one when I was given a cassette copy of their first album, ( showing my age) but he just doesn't do it for me anymore.

It isn't but racist is so much more catchy thing to shout when you're pointing a finger than, he's religeously intolerent, which to be fair is what we all should be anyway and any right minded soul wouldn't object to.

Last edited:
Tags
low in high school info
Back
Top Bottom