Morrissey Q&A: Moz Discusses New Music, the Beatles and the Danger of Hospital Food (Billboard)

http://www.billboard.com/articles/n...-music-the-beatles-and-the-danger-of-hospital

Some highlights:

On your next tour, you've asked Tom Jones and Sir Cliff Richard to open for you in L.A. and New York respectively. What impresses you most about these veteran frontmen?

Veteran is a gentle way of saying “old,” isn't it? Well, it's only my view of course, but everything is a question of style, and Tom and Cliff qualify greatly in the style department, and age has nothing to do with it. There are millions of obese 19-year olds who only buy clothes that blend in with the couch.

Recently on the True to You website, you likened eating animals to pedophilia, a comparison some may find … extreme. Care to defend your point of view?

I don't need to defend my own point of view. When you eat an animal you subject it to spiritual and physical rape, you eats its breasts ... its rump ... you cut off its genitals ... whichever way you care to look at it, eating animals is violence at its most extreme.

You’re no stranger to controversial viewpoints. Is there anything you’ve said in the press that you’ve regretted?

I'm not controversial at all, and whatever I've said I meant. Amongst all of the people around me, my views are not special. They are only controversial if your brain is stuck in 1957.

So he meant what he said about UKIP? Oh dear.

P.

Exactly, for a vegetarian he's a right fat bastard. He must eat a shitload of bread and pasta

He is a bit of a pasta fiend, but I suspect downing pints of vodka and guzzling Kronenbourg by the barrel doesn't help.

Prince recently revealed that he’s an exceptional ping-pong player. What surprising, secret talent do you have?

I'm an exceptional ping-pong player.

:p

I found this hilarious

I think Morrissey was just making a point about age when he referred to 19 year obese people.He was just saying that age doesn`t matter .Please refer to your Mozipedia`s and look up "You`re The One For Me Fatty".

By the way the way I don`t think Morrissey looks fat all.

It's good to see a new Morrissey interview! As others have said, it's clearly email style and Morrissey was clearly groaning at the questions, and I don't blame him! He mentions in the beginning that he's in the middle of recording a new album and they don't ask a damn thing about it!

This quote caught me "Soon eating a cheeseburger will be as outlawed as smoking in church." He's said things like this before. Perhaps it will happen one day but soon? I don't think so. If meat were outlawed I would think it would be due to a world wide food shortage and it just being cheaper and more sustainable to eat vegetarian. I can't see us getting there any time soon for moral reasons. Eating meat is mainstream and accepted by most. I don't disagree with Morrissey but his recent comments are jarring and largely unhelpful to the cause. Still at least he has something to say and it's his right to say it.

"...obese 19-year olds who only buy clothes that blend in with the couch..."

I think Moz knows you exists, how lucky you are...

It's good to see a new Morrissey interview! As others have said, it's clearly email style and Morrissey was clearly groaning at the questions, and I don't blame him! He mentions in the beginning that he's in the middle of recording a new album and they don't ask a damn thing about it!

This quote caught me "Soon eating a cheeseburger will be as outlawed as smoking in church." He's said things like this before. Perhaps it will happen one day but soon? I don't think so. If meat were outlawed I would think it would be due to a world wide food shortage and it just being cheaper and more sustainable to eat vegetarian. I can't see us getting there any time soon for moral reasons. Eating meat is mainstream and accepted by most. I don't disagree with Morrissey but his recent comments are jarring and largely unhelpful to the cause. Still at least he has something to say and it's his right to say it.

People who eat animals don't like the suggestion that it's poor form and it doesn't matter how eloquently the argument is put, they still won't want to be told that they're wrong 'uns. If you've got something to say you might as well say it and to Hell with what those who disagree think.

Morrissey's a love or loathe character and it doesn't matter a damn what he says, the majority of people will have a cemented mind in how they receive everything he talks about.

I think rational, intelligent people love Morrissey because he is so right on. The people who reject what he is saying are just plain dumb. And when I say "dumb" I don't mean that they may not have academic smarts. Look at Andi from The Bachelor; she passed the Georgia bar, but she's childish and just a dumb meat eater!

What Moz says about hospital food is right (the studio recording of Eels' "Hospital Food" is really good by the way, though last I heard E was a dumb meat eater), but even worse food is at the "homes." I visited my Grandma with Alzheimer's at a home and there was a dead pig lying on the table along with typical processed and sugary foods. I'm thinking, if they want these diseased people to cling on and keep the checks coming in, try vegan foods, try turmeric. I told an old dude with Parkinson's that meat is murder and he agreed with me. Well, why didn't he choose veggie foods when he had the chance? DUMB move.

I don't know which Beatles songs are good. The ones are the radio are plain annoying. Some of the solo songs are good, though, such as "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" and "Sweet Lord."

I want to play tennis with Moz, not ping pong. Remember he said in Auto. he hangs out at the racket clubs.

BlueSkiesInTheDaytime

People who eat animals don't like the suggestion that it's poor form and it doesn't matter how eloquently the argument is put, they still won't want to be told that they're wrong 'uns. If you've got something to say you might as well say it and to Hell with what those who disagree think.

Morrissey's a love or loathe character and it doesn't matter a damn what he says, the majority of people will have a cemented mind in how they receive everything he talks about.

The more he mentions rape and pedophilia in reference to eating animals, the more I want to sell the tickets I just bought to his show...

Boo hoo. Did that hurt your feewings? I'm not a vegetarian, but I am also not so insecure as to get upset whenever an artist doesn't validate my lifestyle. Are you unaware that this is the guy who said "meat is murder"? Are you upset by that, too? Because he did call you a murderer. Equating industrial farming with rape isn't that crazy of an idea if you've been on a farm and seen the county vet with his arm elbow-deep in a sow's gash, artificially inseminating her.

Seriously, why don't you sell your tickets? Sell your CD's and stop listening to Morrissey. You remind me of the Christian Supremacists who are suing for the right to persecute gay people, because seeing two men hold hands hurts their feelings, and insults their heterosexuality.

By the way, John Lennon and Bill Murray both beat women. Woody Allen humped little girls. Are they on your ban-list?

Yes, because only meat, bread and pasta can make you put on weight...

"Go vegetarian and you will be slim forever". What a "brilliant" theory of yours. Coke is vegetarian, the majority of chocolate and cakes are too, no sports - what a glorious vegetarian lifestyle.

Boo hoo. Did that hurt your feewings? I'm not a vegetarian, but I am also not so insecure as to get upset whenever an artist doesn't validate my lifestyle. Are you unaware that this is the guy who said "meat is murder"? Are you upset by that, too? Because he did call you a murderer. Equating industrial farming with rape isn't that crazy of an idea if you've been on a farm and seen the county vet with his arm elbow-deep in a sow's gash, artificially inseminating her.

Seriously, why don't you sell your tickets? Sell your CD's and stop listening to Morrissey. You remind me of the Christian Supremacists who are suing for the right to persecute gay people, because seeing two men hold hands hurts their feelings, and insults their heterosexuality.

By the way, John Lennon and Bill Murray both beat women. Woody Allen humped little girls. Are they on your ban-list?

"Vets who are in a sow's gash, and men who are humping little girls" - I do like your poetic language, very elegant and sophisticated too.

I think rational, intelligent people love Morrissey because he is so right on. The people who reject what he is saying are just plain dumb. And when I say "dumb" I don't mean that they may not have academic smarts. Look at Andi from The Bachelor; she passed the Georgia bar, but she's childish and just a dumb meat eater!

What Moz says about hospital food is right (the studio recording of Eels' "Hospital Food" is really good by the way, though last I heard E was a dumb meat eater), but even worse food is at the "homes." I visited my Grandma with Alzheimer's at a home and there was a dead pig lying on the table along with typical processed and sugary foods. I'm thinking, if they want these diseased people to cling on and keep the checks coming in, try vegan foods, try turmeric. I told an old dude with Parkinson's that meat is murder and he agreed with me. Well, why didn't he choose veggie foods when he had the chance? DUMB move.

I don't know which Beatles songs are good. The ones are the radio are plain annoying. Some of the solo songs are good, though, such as "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" and "Sweet Lord."

I want to play tennis with Moz, not ping pong. Remember he said in Auto. he hangs out at the racket clubs.

BlueSkiesInTheDaytime

You watch The Bachelor? Nuff said. :rolleyes:

"While My Guitar Gently Weeps" is a Beatles song, on "The Beatles" (aka the White Album.)

Get over it.

Oh yes lets just brush it under the carpet shall we because Tosserrey can say what he likes and not be held accountable. Nice try but that's not how things work in the real world Playcat.
So his nasty comments still stand and no we won't "get over it".

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Kristeen Young is 49 years old, so I doubt it.

WTF? Guess she is still "chasin' the dream". Basically she is a just a trust fund kid (see Julia) who's dream it was/is to be a rock star and can just let her parent's money fund her unrealistic dreams.

Back
Top Bottom