Morrissey regrets

Tbevie

Girl afraid
Do you have any Morrissey related regrets?

My main regret is one that I’m sure many of you share. That I didn’t discover Morrissey earlier. A year earlier and I could have seen him live during the Quarry tour.

My only other regret is that I bought a seating ticket instead of a standing one for the Glasgow gig in December. I had stood at an earlier gig and I wanted to see how sitting would compare. I realized that it didn’t compare at all. There was very little atmosphere and my seat was so far away from the stage that I just didn’t really feel part of it.

But I’ve learnt a valuable lesson. When seeing Morrissey live, never sit always stand.

What are your regrets?

Have you ever been in a position to jump on stage but didn’t or have you seen Morrissey out in public but didn’t approach him because you didn’t want to bother him and now wonder what might have been?

Please share :)

My main regret is one that I’m sure many of you share. That I didn’t discover Morrissey earlier. A year earlier and I could have seen him live during the Quarry tour.

My only other regret is that I bought a seating ticket instead of a standing one for the Glasgow gig in December. I had stood at an earlier gig and I wanted to see how sitting would compare. I realized that it didn’t compare at all. There was very little atmosphere and my seat was so far away from the stage that I just didn’t really feel part of it.

But I’ve learnt a valuable lesson. When seeing Morrissey live, never sit always stand.

What are your regrets?

Have you ever been in a position to jump on stage but didn’t or have you seen Morrissey out in public but didn’t approach him because you didn’t want to bother him and now wonder what might have been?

I regret not going to caird hall in 91, I only lived a few minutes away, but back then it seemed that there was plenty of time.

Who knows where the time goes.

What are your regrets?

I spent all day outside the gmex on the 22nd dec waiting with my 13 yr old daughter. The idea of seeing Moz was just too much. Meeting wonderful people that i still exchange cd's and bits and pieces with. Waiting for 3 hours inside 2nd row from the front (because the people with the blue wristbands got there first) The build up was tremendous, the butterflies inside, the anticipation *sigh* Hearing the soundcheck outside.

Moz appeared on stage and i was spellbound, the crowd surged forward i was breathless. That was the best time ever, it was hot and sweaty the crowd went crazy but i loved it, i loved the crush of bodies, Moz being within 6 feet away from me, the photos i took are emblazoned in my mind, it was the best day of my life.

The worst part was when my 13 yr old daughter tapped me on the shoulder and told me she felt sick (she didn't look too good) a couple of huge security guys pulled her out from the crowd and i saw her being taken away. (Moz had just left the stage after throwing his red shirt into the crowd) I went nuts and was dragged out backwards by two huge guys and i wish it was when Moz was still on stage, it would have helped if i could have at least stretched out and touched him. I still think back now and wish that he was still on stage when i was dragged out*sigh* I then spent the remainder of my first Moz gig inside the first aid room. I made it out just as the encores were starting and i bought my Key ring and t-shirts and i also missed my train home.

I will see him again and i will go on my own. My daughter was too young for the front. It was my fault.

And yes, yours too, i wish i was introduced to the world of Morrissey when he was in The Smiths, it would have made my childhood just about bareable, just.

Not having any lube on me. He was extremely particular about not letting me use my saliva.

regrets....just like you said, I wish so VERY MUCH that I would have known about MOZ SO MUCH SOONER. Actually I first heard his music in 2004 when Irish Blood, English Heart was ACTUALLY played on KROQ! Whenh miracles used to happen.....It was to me an amazing song, and I fell in love with it, and with Moz's voice. I knew nothing about Moz but loved it so much. But I hate to say this, I forgot about it. :( I really wish I hadn't. Better now than never right?? I'm happy that I really started to listen to his music this past summer. I can't imagine my life without him. He actually got me through school today, believe it or not. I had his songs in my head all day, like always. They kept me sane, could I say?? Most of the people really bug me at school, irritate by acting like 12 year olds in 11th grade, and talk toooo much. I'm almost done with school though, so no worries for tooo much longer. Sorry that was a bit off topic.

Any other regrets:rolleyes: ...... not at the moment! I'm glad I went to see him in Pasadena, I would have regreted that for the rest of my life!!!

Last edited:
Getting too pissed before the G-Mex in December. When we saw him in May, I had drank quite alot of gin before and was just jolly when we got to the Apollo (I had a massive headache after though!). This time, I drank alot of vodka before and felt alright, til we went for a quick drink in some pub before and I realised how pissed I was. Now I can hardly remember anything from it apart from just dancing around being foolish and talking to some scottish men and missing half of it! I was enjoying myself at the time, I just don't remember much about it!

I have one. Not being born in Stretford in 1959. The biggest regret of them all. Not that I could control it, but it's given me so much remorse for something I couldn't/can't change.

Funny you mention that Mar Zimmer. I have beening thinking about that. I do regret something that I couldn't have changed, which is wishing I was born between the 60's-and 80's. I wish I was actually born in the 60's, which is a big change from 1990. Because then I could have known about The Smiths when they were first known. I wish alot of things were different today, and were still the way they were back then.

i also regret not getting into him earlier, although i am only 17 and discovered him probably when i was 14 so i don't think it could've gotten much earlier. i also really really really regret that i didn't even try to get up to the stage or atleast to a point where i could touch him in chicago.

The worst part was when my 13 yr old daughter tapped me on the shoulder and told me she felt sick (she didn't look too good) a couple of huge security guys pulled her out from the crowd and i saw her being taken away. (Moz had just left the stage after throwing his red shirt into the crowd) I went nuts and was dragged out backwards by two huge guys and i wish it was when Moz was still on stage, it would have helped if i could have at least stretched out and touched him. I still think back now and wish that he was still on stage when i was dragged out*sigh* I then spent the remainder of my first Moz gig inside the first aid room. I made it out just as the encores were starting and i bought my Key ring and t-shirts and i also missed my train home.

I think you were behind me.

Anyway, only regret is not going to more gigs in 2002, but I was only 17 and had no money and no transport and couldn't really convince my mum she should pay for everything, take me everywhere and let me miss school.

Funny you mention that Mar Zimmer. I have beening thinking about that. I do regret something that I couldn't have changed, which is wishing I was born between the 60's-and 80's. I wish I was actually born in the 60's, which is a big change from 1990. Because then I could have known about The Smiths when they were first known. I wish alot of things were different today, and were still the way they were back then.
My thoughts exactly, and more. I really do hate the time period I've been born in, and being thirteen and into things I'm into isn't really... normal for someone my age, leaving me sort of out casted...? Yes, I daresay.

My thoughts exactly, and more. I really do hate the time period I've been born in, and being thirteen and into things I'm into isn't really... normal for someone my age, leaving me sort of out casted...? Yes, I daresay.

Don't worry - your not the only one! I have felt like this for years, and I'm 16. I am an outcast with the people my age that I have grown up around(nobody is like me but I'm ok w/it, I like being my own individual and liking things because it's ME & NOT SOMEONE ELSE), I really agree on the MORE part, I could on and on(but won't) about how I wish the period of time was a bit different. People back then had so much more class and things were just so much more, oh what's the word??? The books, art, music, style, way of speaking, EVERYTHING! Although times were hard back then, I still would much rather have been born in a different era. I absolutely love the late 40's and 50's ( & 60's too). Learning about things back then and the people and everything, fasinates me to the greatest degree. And somehow this all connects to Moz and why I love him so much! :p

Last edited:
I regret not getting those two pit tickets I found on craigslist saturday morning for the last pasadena night.

There's always next time. I guess.

I regret not getting those two pit tickets I found on craigslist saturday morning for the last pasadena night.

There's always next time. I guess.

do not guess
know you are wrong
for next time shall be better
than
the last time THAT YOU DID NOT GO SEE mozzy babie
cuz
you shall be going 'that time'

no regrets about moz. I only wish i was born in the 60's... ("oh why was I born too laaaaaaate...." durutti's singing)

I think you were behind me.

Anyway, only regret is not going to more gigs in 2002, but I was only 17 and had no money and no transport and couldn't really convince my mum she should pay for everything, take me everywhere and let me miss school.

Were you the guy with the quiff, nice shirt, or the lady at the side of him that nearly went over when the crowd surged? Just curious :)

Back
Top Bottom