• V-Neck
  • Button fastening
  • Peacock embellishment
  • 70% wool, 30% cashmere
  • Dry clean
  • Model wears a size M
  • Made in Italy
OVERVIEW
Exclusively showcasing at Harrods, this Alexander McQueen cardigan is embellished with a peacock feather to the chest giving a nod to the inspiration for the Autumn/Winter 2017 collection - the aestheticism of Oscar Wilde. Exquisitely crafted from an Italian-woven blend of cashmere and virgin wool, the button fastening secures to command a smart V-neckline.

40931_mcqueen_cardigan.jpg

40926_cavous.jpg

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
That means absolutely nothing. Anyone, anonymous or not on this board, has every right to call out hypocrisy.

Okay skinny but don't you see he is doing the same as what he accuses Moz of? And it is relatively easy to do so more than if you 're not anonymous, and being in the public eye all the time.
He wants that, I know.
I am not saying an anomous person shouldn't have the right to call out hypocrisy.
But if a person, member or anonymous does can I question if that person is holding on to his own rules?
That was all, nothing more.

Oh, enough, Jackie. Morrissey knows where wool comes from, and like any person shopping for clothes, he knows how to read a label. This doesn't make him evil, it just makes him a hypocrite.

What this comes down to is that whenever a self-righteous person demands certain levels of moral behavior from others, they should rightly be called out in regards to their failure to reach those standards.

It keeps people honest, and if it doesn't keep them honest, then it exposes them as fake, and it let's us know who to ignore

Morrissey appears brazen, imperious in his contempt of animals. They appear to have no meaning to him other than to soundtrack his neurosis. No credible Vegan would have the insouciant gall to posture onstage as a defender of animals whilst wearing such a hideous Torture/Slaughter supporting garment.

He is a fake but he must not be ignored for he is a dangerous Crank-Fraud. One can only hope he faces protests from PETA during his forthcoming US tour. It's really time for them to put up or shut up. Their campaigns have zero credibility if they refuse to call Morrissey out on such egregious behaviour. He should have the decency to give that cardigan a decent burial in his next video.

Because he's publicly claimed to be vegan following the furore over #Cheesegate.

Didn't understand the noise regarding this garment but a quick scan on the web indicates that Vegans don't eat or use anything from animals, is that what he is being called out for here?

Apart from singing gimmick songs milking money from animals to live his lucrative lifestyle in hotels all over the planet leaving a dirty carbon footprint bigger than David, Victoria and the boy's, the question remains the same. WHAT THE 4CK HAS HE ACTUALLY DONE FOR ANIMALS ?

#BOYCOTT LOW IN HIGH SCHOOL

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

He ate cheese for over 3 decades and wore leather. It would be illuminating to calculate how much suffering & death his lifestyle choices have caused animals in that time period.

Of course, Quando. Being a lifelong vegetarian activist and later in life a vegan is just the oposite of being a butcher. It's not the same thing and it never will be, no matter what Bennie or Brummie say.

For a person born in our planet it's impossible not to have consumed food or dressed clothes derived from animals at some point in life. Until very recently there were no massively available vegan substitutes for a lot of products.

The problem with wool is more related with the way sheeps are mistreated and unnecessary tortured by the mercenary practices of the industry of wool than with the use of the wool by itself, because wool is a product that naturally grow on sheeps and can be sheared compassionately, in the same way hens naturally lay eggs that can be collected without harming them. But the only way to stop those tortures and mistreatment of animals is not consuming the products obtained from those abusive practices of massive production.

Honestly, I think Morrissey didn't realize he was using a piece of clothing that may have caused pain to animals in any way. Possibly he was intendeding to pay homage to Wilde dressing that cardigan, which is very nice.

Certainly there are many allegations of animal abuse in wool industry, in addition to the one made by Morrissey in Australia, like this one: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/tango-painthe-silence-lambs-patagonia-sandra-schindler-msc Maybe this undeserved attack on Morrissey will be at least useful to help raise awareness of that sort of animal suffering, something he constantly intends to do whenever he can.

There is a huge difference between a 'vegetarian' and a 'vegan'. The former contributes as much, if not more, to animal suffering than a carnivore. The latter seeks to end animal suffering. Morrissey cannot have supported PETA & Gary Yourofsky without understanding this.

Many Jains have abstained from any involvement with animal suffering for centuries prior to industrialisation. Morrissey has had the option of absolutely removing himself from any and all animal cruelty since he first became wealthy. He has chosen not to for reasons of vanity, pleasure and convenience whilst hypocritically lecturing his audience. He is beyond ridicule at this stage.

To suggest Morrissey didn't realise he was buying a virgin wool/cashmere cardigan is preposterous. Perhaps he should write himself a letter along the lines of the one you link to? One can only hope the Australian press pick up on this and mock him remorselessly for his past pontifications on their wool industry. What a fool he has made of himself!

Morrissey 'raises awareness of animal suffering' by causing animal suffering? By revelling in animal suffering by wearing cashmere......O....K....

This one is rather hard to explain away. There's no good excuse unless it's not what it appears to be. I doubt it's a knock-off. WOULD WELCOME PROOF. Otherwise it's disappointing indeed. Yet I'm certain he's been kinder to animals than benty, brummer and whiny put together. That said this clearly makes him hypocritical as would that contract rider containing cheese (if legit). It doesn't make me think less of him as a musician but it does make me think less of him as a person. Sorry Benny I'm not going to boycott the new CD. Oh well. A pop star a hypocrite? Impossible!

Here's the evidence of #Cheesegate:

Morrissey’s Zagreb Rider

Organic vegetarian cheddar cheese – Dubliner

https://www.croatiaweek.com/morrisseys-zagreb-rider/

And here's the civilised debate that followed on this site:

https://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/morrisseys-zagreb-rider-croatia-week-and-večernji-hr.133724/

Didn't understand the noise regarding this garment but a quick scan on the web indicates that Vegans don't eat or use anything from animals, is that what he is being called out for here?

Yes. Causing the suffering or death of an animal is against Vegan ethics. It doesn't matter to an animal if it's being tortured/slaughtered because of a 'need' to use their flesh for food (meat) or their body fluids or ovulations (milk/cheese/eggs) or for their fur, feathers or wool. In fact, I'd say an educated multi-millionaire entertainer wearing cashmere as a luxury designer fashion statement is far more offensive than a poor person eating a Big Mac. Especially when that entertainer berates poor people for their food choices. Morrissey is a gross hypocrite. It's been exposed before, it's really effortlessly easy to do so once again.

"it's death for no reason & death for no reason is murder".

The most likely explanation is that Morrissey is deliberately trolling animal rights to drum up publicity. He knows that this is unacceptable to vegan ethics but he also hopes there will be a backlash as it will get him some attention for his insipid new record. He wont' get attention on artistic merit.

Anyone doubting his shamelessness in this area should reflect on his attempts to use the Paris terrorist atrocity to re-sell his ridiculous song 'I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris'. He may as well just tear the cashmere off a baby goat on stage as his ruthless mining of animal rights issues for publicity is now totally exhausted alongside all the other 'radical' issues he fakes.

#Cheesegate was shocking but #Cashmeregate is more disturbing. I have no doubt he knows what he's doing and is hoping for a media furore so he can fake-apologise whilst bathing in the media spotlight and hawking his new album. A wretched, sorry soul who has run out of excuses other than flagrant, undiagnosed mental illness. That's the only explanatory framework that allows us to ponder a late-50s C List wannabe celeb posing in designer duds for shock-horror headlines. He'd look better in Lady GaGa's meat dress as he's mutton dressed as lamb, for want of a better insult.

I was really surprised to see this as headline news, too. Feel like it's very childish, but maybe we can use it as back pocket ammo for when he wants to play MIM and we don't want him to.

:thumb:

Children playing in the shit of their own invention. No one cares.

Anyways, the new version of 'MEAT IS MURDER' is great, and the audience were LOVING HIM! that's no surprise. The new songs are GRAND ! and 'SpentTDIB' is doing well, considering M has talent and will not cow toe to whats expected of a 'pop star' to do these days to get into the charts.

He's doing very well.

:)

I have to admit they (Brummie, Benny, etc...) really got him good this time. Moz sometimes is a hypocrite. No way around it. I can't defend him on this latest controversy any longer. It's pointless at this point. Nevertheless it doesn't negate all he has done for animal welfare. Hundreds perhaps thousands have either gone vegetarian or vegan thanks to his influence. It's unfortunate he's so careless at times. Dude, if you're gonna cheat don't get caught, dig? (Better yet...just practice what you preach). Like I said before it doesn't change my opinion on his songwriting/singing brilliance. He's still one of the most interesting and thought-provoking artists alive. He has a lovely voice. He should use it to sing not preach. Looking forward to the new album!!!

Oh, enough, Jackie. Morrissey knows where wool comes from, and like any person shopping for clothes, he knows how to read a label. This doesn't make him evil, it just makes him a hypocrite.

What this comes down to is that whenever a self-righteous person demands certain levels of moral behavior from others, they should rightly be called out in regards to their failure to reach those standards.

It keeps people honest, and if it doesn't keep them honest, then it exposes them as fake, and it let's us know who to ignore.

OK, Maggie.:crazy:

DONT be crazy from the PONCE BALD ANONS, PEOPLE!
NO GOAT FUR! ONLY acryllic! The anons want to put goat fur in your brain SAY NO

Anyways, the new version of 'MEAT IS MURDER' is great, and the audience were LOVING HIM! that's no surprise. The new songs are GRAND ! and 'SpentTDIB' is doing well, considering M has talent and will not cow toe to whats expected of a 'pop star' to do these days to get into the charts.

He's doing very well.

Clearly, you DO care as you're littering this thread with pointless attempts to explain/justify Morrissey's abhorrent behaviour.

Do you mean kow-tow ? Or is that a Freudian slip whereby your sub-conscious is alerting you to Morrissey's hypocrisy over cows?

I have to admit they (Brummie, Benny, etc...) really got him good this time. Moz sometimes is a hypocrite. No way around it. I can't defend him on this latest controversy any longer. It's pointless at this point. Nevertheless it doesn't negate all he has done for animal welfare. Hundreds perhaps thousands have either gone vegetarian or vegan thanks to his influence. It's unfortunate he's so careless at times. Dude, if you're gonna cheat don't get caught, dig? (Better yet...just practice what you preach). Like I said before it doesn't change my opinion on his songwriting/singing brilliance. He's still one of the most interesting and thought-provoking artists alive. He has a lovely voice. He should use it to sing not preach. Looking forward to the new album!!!

It's good that you are choosing to protect your own mental health and facing facts rather than contort yourself into the absurd justifications of some of the cult fans here but....what evidence do you have that Morrissey has done ANYTHING for animal welfare? What evidence is there that he hasn't created a totally false cultural debate that has sought to ignore the truth that only Veganism protects animals and that Vegetarians are no different to Carnivores?

Clearly, you DO care as you're littering this thread with pointless attempts to explain/justify Morrissey's abhorrent behaviour.

Do you mean kow-tow ? Or is that a Freudian slip whereby your sub-conscious is alerting you to Morrissey's hypocrisy over cows?

just be glad I didn't write 'camel toe', that would have started up a whole new thread that again no one cares about.

It's good that you are choosing to protect your own mental health and facing facts rather than contort yourself into the absurd justifications of some of the cult fans here but....what evidence do you have that Morrissey has done ANYTHING for animal welfare? What evidence is there that he hasn't created a totally false cultural debate that has sought to ignore the truth that only Veganism protects animals and that Vegetarians are no different to Carnivores?

He has brought awareness to the welfare of animals for three decades. People were influenced. His message and actions haven't been perfect as you are correct that vegetarianism really isn't enough but he has caused who knows how many people to make the connection that "meat = murder". Keep in mind if this was all a publicity stunt it wouldn't make sense. It's far easier to just support the cruelty and stand for nothing. He spoke his mind even if it might cost him fans. I reckon he hasn't gained many fans for his animal rights stance. That's not why I am here. That was a nice bonus.

He's doing very well.

Ketamine Sun

You must be still using the crack pipe if you consider the new songs Grand. They are a Grand pile of shit and most people turn there back to the MIM video. The old man needs to call it a day.

I'll back in the office in a couple of hours with today's update.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Back
Top Bottom