Most underrated songs?

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4wD4BxMHarg&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4wD4BxMHarg&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Oh yes.

I know it's over and Sing your life.

They both seem extremely personal to me.

Oh so many... At Amber, Ammunition, Jeane, Ouija Board, Girl Afraid... It's so hard to know what to class as 'underrated', especially with Smiffs songs. Is The Hand That Rocks The Cradle underrated? :confused:
Some songs can't be rated highly enough.:)

Morrissey - Girl Least Likely to, East West and There Speaks A True Friend....Solo songs which should have been fussed over and all his early solo career!

I think Accept Yourself is REALLY underrated.

YES!!! Completely agree with you on that! Accept Yourself is my favourite Smiths song and is the most underated song in history!

Ganglord's my favourite Morrissey song, and for it to be a B-Side, it must be pretty underrated to Moz, though he plays it live, so maybe not

AAAAh computer playing up, for the third time . . . Love Love LOVE "Accept Yourself", feel compelled to respond. Have always love lyrics, especially "Others conquered" etc.
Also think " "These things take time" so underrated, could listen to this for rest of my life and be happy x

Mentioned already and incredibly underrated. And an excuse for me to listen again. :D

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uCrm6mjdCm4&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uCrm6mjdCm4&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Generally his songs from his last three albums. On the other side, there are so many Smiths songs soooo overrated.

I find it hard to comment on underrated songs. I have my favourites that others may feel are less 'popular' - does less popular mean underrated?

I feel it's quite elitist naming an 'obscure' tune and championing it.

Despite the above...I love 'Good Looking Man About Town' - I have no idea whether that is considered an 'underrated track'.

Overrated is a bit easier - Morrissey - 'Everyday Is Like Sunday', The Smiths - 'How Soon Is Now & There Is A Light'.

I find it hard to comment on underrated songs. I have my favourites that others may feel are less 'popular' - does less popular mean underrated?

Pretty much, or the tracks that just don't get mentioned enough. Another one for me is 'Girl Least Likely To', which I'm really obsessed with at the moment.

Last edited:
What she said

right, also a stunning song from the Smiths best album and underated as whole album, which I wrote in about 379 posts though barbrism should've been on Hatfull of Hollow, they played it live in 1984 allready, it's not bad
but Jeanne would've been OK too, as for songs they already had recorded in studio

Jeanne, also a underrated song

absolutely one of his best lyrics top 50 all songs in his cariere

only for the line

"there's ice on the sink where we bath", he should gotten the PULLITZER PRIZE for that one:guitar:

Mama Lay Softely By The Riverbed. Beautiful melody. Morrissey at his best. I like to sing along with it but it's damm difficult. My girlfriend alway's make fun of my voice when I try. I think Morrissey also have problems with this song because the last time he sang it was in Hartlepool may 2009. (correct me if I'm wrong) I really love this song!!!

Last edited:
Mama Lay Softely By Yhe Riverbed. Beautiful melody. Morrissey at his best. I like to sing along with it but it's damm difficult. My girlfriend alway's make fun of my vice when I try. I think Morrissey also have problems with this song because the last time he sang it was in Hartlepool may 2009. I really love this song!!!

I agree, it's really brilliant. Trying to sing along is such a vocal workout.

Back
Top Bottom