Underrated songs

"Jack the Ripper"...which reminds me of "How Soon is Now" which
reminds me that I miss Johnny Marr which reminds me that I may
never see them play which reminds me how much it sucks to be a Moz fan in Florida.

My Dearest Love
Lifeguard Sleeping, Girl Drowning
I Am Hated For Loving
Now I Am A Was
Shame Is The Name

Last edited:
I don't think My Dearest Love qualifies as an underrated song when every post I've read about it on this site praises it to death.

The only person who might underrate it is Morrissey, being as he left it off the album.

Unlike 99% of this board, I don't think it should've been on the album. It's decent, nothing more.

Why Dont you find out for Yourself

Late night on Maudlin street

also mute witness and King leer are two great songs from Kill Uncle

I know it's a cover, but I'll say 'A Song From Under the Floorboards'. The little lyric changes, Morrissey's voice...:sweet: No-one ever seems to mention it, but I love it.
Hmm, also 'Children In Pieces' and 'Honey You Know Where to Fine Me'.
I was going to say 'Southpaw', but quite a few people mentioned it I think so maybe it's not so underrated afterall. :thumb:

Day oh so late...

Yes it's Asian Rut. I love that violin.

In fact talking of underrated I think Kill Uncle' is an underrated album. It came bottom in that recent poll, I was surprised to see it fighting it out for last place with Maladjusted. It's got (I'm) The End Of The Family Line and King Leer, two of my faves:guitar:

So making assumption based on words from everyone else it is believed that YOR would have been a better album if THPQU and AYNIM were replaced by b-sides.

In fact talking of underrated I think Kill Uncle' is an underrated album. It came bottom in that recent poll, I was surprised to see it fighting it out for last place with Maladjusted. It's got (I'm) The End Of The Family Line and King Leer, two of my faves:guitar:

Every Morrissey album has a bunch of good songs on it, cuz he's like...the top songwriter going. Plus, I'm so invested in him that I find even his worst stuff fun to listen to. But I don't know how anyone can consider "Kill Uncle" anything but his weakest, in every aspect.

I like the two songs you name, too, but my fave on there is "Sing Your Life". However, I much prefer the live-in-studio version from "Morrissey At KROQ". I also love "My Love Life" and "The Loop" from that period.

Ammunition
At Last I Am Born
I'm Not Sorry

loads of truly mind blowing songs!

and why? Why was 'My Dearest Love' not on the album??? It's my fave at the moment! :love:

Angel, Angel, Down We Go Together
Late Night, Maudlin Street
Dear God, Please Help Me
I Know Very Well How I Got My Name
I'm Not Sorry

Back
Top Bottom