New banner advertising

What is the general view on this ? I know that there has been adverts on this site and I appreciate that income has to be generated to maintain the high quality we've all come to expect But I'm not sure this is the best way.

pay for this site...write a check to davidt and i'm sure he'll take off the ad and make it the way you want.

If you look at other threads he said he is making about 200 dollars a month from advertising which covers the costs of running the site.

If you offered $200/month maybe he'd put your picture there instead of ads :)

I spoke to David a long time ago about considering making M-Solo for profit, but he refused. So I'm glad he's taken steps to at least have the site pay for itself. David paid out of pocket for nearly 10 years. To anyone complaining about the banners, I'd like to ask what you've done to contribute?

Without M-Solo, Moz would not have a career as we know it. In the "wilderness years" of '98-'03 the only way to know what was going on was through M-Solo.

how much does it cost to run such a web site as this?

surlely with the hundreds/thousands that visit this site he'll be making a decent profit out of the advertising... not that I blame him like

The new banner on the home page however, is a step too far, too big and too ugly

ok...so maybe the layout could change. the Morrissey-solo banner should be on top with the advertisement banner below it? personally i prefer ads to be vertical and running up and down along the sides.

If you look at other threads he said he is making about 200 dollars a month from advertising which covers the costs of running the site.

If you offered $200/month maybe he'd put your picture there instead of ads :)

can it be nude? :eek:

Personally I would be happy to pay a subscription fee to maintain this site(let's face it nothing else comes close) if it meant that we could disperse with the adverts. I totally understand that the running costs have to be met. DavidT obviously puts a great deal of time and effort iinto this site and gets a lot of flack in the process.
Maybe introduce a small fee for posting.This may deter some of the drivel that appears here all to frequently these days. Judging by the amount of senseless posts that are put up it's almost like their advertising themselves.

Personally I would be happy to pay a subscription fee to maintain this site(let's face it nothing else comes close) if it meant that we could disperse with the adverts. I totally understand that the running costs have to be met. DavidT obviously puts a great deal of time and effort iinto this site and gets a lot of flack in the process.
Maybe introduce a small fee for posting.This may deter some of the drivel that appears here all to frequently these days. Judging by the amount of senseless posts that are put up it's almost like their advertising themselves.

If you're so eager to pay why don't you send David a $200 dollar check and just call it a day. If you do it, I SWEAR ON MY LIFE AND MY HONOR that I will send the next check the following month......along with an artistic nude pic of myself of course :p

I don't think I mentioned at any point that I was eager to pay.Just that I wouldn't mind.Not quite the same thing really is it ? I can only assume your other 1,633 posts were of the same calibre.

I don't think I mentioned at any point that I was eager to pay.Just that I wouldn't mind.Not quite the same thing really is it ? I can only assume your other 1,633 posts were of the same calibre.

You're like those people who advocate more money for schools and other government programs but don't want to pay higher taxes to fund the programs. :rolleyes:

right here's my plan, $200 a month, that works out at $50 a week, so if 4 of us cough up the bucks then we each get a week of our own ads! Although I think as members what make this site what it is, warts an all then we should either get a discount or maybe an elongated week, yep turn the 7 up to an 11!
If we get to run with this then my 11 days of fame of designer Dave's idea (if we get the 7/11 discount), I'd wear 11 items of clothing & each day I'd discard 1 item until my glory shot on the 11th! :)

love

Grim

right here's my plan, $200 a month, that works out at $50 a week, so if 4 of us cough up the bucks then we each get a week of our own ads! Although I think as members what make this site what it is, warts an all then we should either get a discount or maybe an elongated week, yep turn the 7 up to an 11!
If we get to run with this then my 11 days of fame of designer Dave's idea (if we get the 7/11 discount), I'd wear 11 items of clothing & each day I'd discard 1 item until my glory shot on the 11th! :)

love

Grim
Yes! Charge $10 to take off an item of clothing and $20 to put it back on. :D

Yes! Charge $10 to take off an item of clothing and $20 to put it back on. :D

yeah I'm on to that one, soooo I could end up with twice as many clothes on than when I started but what would happen to all the additional income generated? :)

love

Grim

oh my...advertisements are the evil of the world!!!:rolleyes: the masses!!! the masses can't take care of themselves!!! we can't let them be deceived by advertisements!!! the horror of online advertisements!!!

it's not a billboard in the countryside.

paying for a subscription? many diehard fans will not pay.

Back
Top Bottom