No tour, nothing...what to do?

Ok, so I'm sure that there are many threads similar to this one, but anyway.

I think it sucks, quite frankly, that there is no record deal, no tour, no nothing. It's not his fault or anything. But still.

Much to my own regret i only attended two concerts last year, for different reasons. But just the FACT that he was playing, and that i could visit this site and read playlist and reviews was in itself a joy.

But what now?

How do you deal with this nothingness?

Re: No tour, no nothing...what to do?

I don't believe it will be that long before something new comes along...I'm dealing with it...I'm listening to the back catalogue

I suffer. I just wish he'd say something!
Some days are better than others. I know he'll be back one day, so I'll have to focus on that. I just hope he doesn't wait for too long. And that he'll be back before I'm gone again ;)

What to do?

Buy a a hoover.

There's more to life than M, you know.

I wouldn't be surprised if you have a while to wait. With the torrid time he had last year and his final comments on true-to-you, I think he's deliberately taking time out for a while.

Re: No tour, nothing...what to do? A gathering . . .

. . . well why don't we all meet up for a latte or green tea in Manchester city centre and we may identify ourselves by . . . say . . wearing a gladioli in our back pockets on the day?

I will put mine in my back pocket once I have seen a few others in town - how about we meet at the round library one Saturday - it was almost empty when I last went and then we can have sing along in the cafe downstairs . . . the oaps will like it too!

. . . am serious . . .

:):guitar::)

Re: No tour, nothing...what to do? A gathering . . .

well why don't we all meet up for a latte or green tea in Manchester city centre and we may identify ourselves by, say wearing a gladioli in our back pockets on the day?

I will put mine in my back pocket once I have seen a few others in town - how about we meet at the round library one Saturday - it was almost empty when I last went and then we can have sing along in the cafe downstairs the oaps will like it too!

am serious.

:):guitar::)

Have you ever heard Smiths and Morrssey disco at first Friday every month at Star and Garter in Fairfield Street?

No . . . but do you all go there . . . or are they all . . . . strangers? And though like our beloved when he were younger, go everywhere on my own, I wouldn't know anyone . . .

Do you recall the crowd that arrived at a London station to sing a song by . . . cannot recall his name but he was an 80s singer and hundreds turned up to sing this song, it was great.

very simple

It's bit sad when Morrissey is inactive, but good time to save up for next tour.

Without money you can't book tickets.

So many things to do, for example, you can listen to all the bootlegs of past tours, read books, watch films, listen to other bands etc.

Thank you Kewpie but one has tried very hard to distract oneself . . . but seeing our beloved with baby today has enflamed one's amour.

Am working on a famous art work, with Morrissey a starring role within it.

You see his name in lights . . . sooner than one thinks . .

:):thumb::)

. . . there is a light that never goes out.

IX

I think it sucks, quite frankly, that there is no record deal, no tour, no nothing. It's not his fault or anything. But still.

But what now?

Personally, I've found other things to obsess over - there's no shortage of people/places/things/ideas out there to take up space between the ears.

I still like to drop by Morrissey-Solo on occasion, though, if only to keep up with the latest on Moz's dental work.

Start "Lost" from the beginning. That's what I'm up to.

(the TV show, as opposed to the song)

You are naughty speaking of our Morrissey's teeth like that, the recent you tube film was distorted by contrast as you all know . . . :)

And anyway . . . I'd be Morrissey's tooth Fairy for him, kissing them all better . . . etc . . . etc . . .

:sweet:

Ok, so I'm sure that there are many threads similar to this one, but anyway.

Much to my own regret i only attended two concerts last year, for different reasons. But just the FACT that he was playing, and that i could visit this site and read playlist and reviews was in itself a joy.

But what now?

There is 60 years of popular culture out there.

Some of it is even better than The Smiths and quite a lot of it is better than Morrissey's recent output.

Hard to believe I know but true provided you drop the Moz is 'the be all and end all of everything' shtick which is nothing more than cultural martyrdom.

Back
Top Bottom