Not to be arrogant... but where are Moz new ideas

F

Fox in the Snow

I just realize that I sound arrogant, when I suggest that Mana and Jaguarez are politically relevant for Mexican listeners, and Moz is not, while not being Mexican myself, so I apologize for being a dickhead...

Again, it is just my private opinion, and I can not speak for anybody else, but myself, yet I maintain Mozzer became a nostalgia act...
His 5 new songs were the repetition of the given material, so to speak... No new ideas, no new thoughts... Well, let's wait for an album, hopefully it would prove me wrong...

Yes, during both Smiths highdays and Viva Hate solo period, Moz used to be HIGHLY RELEVANT... But now??

Someone would like to prove me wrong???????

> I just realize that I sound arrogant, when I suggest that Mana and
> Jaguarez are politically relevant for Mexican listeners, and Moz is not,
> while not being Mexican myself, so I apologize for being a dickhead...

> Again, it is just my private opinion, and I can not speak for anybody
> else, but myself, yet I maintain Mozzer became a nostalgia act...
> His 5 new songs were the repetition of the given material, so to speak...
> No new ideas, no new thoughts... Well, let's wait for an album, hopefully
> it would prove me wrong...

> Yes, during both Smiths highdays and Viva Hate solo period, Moz used to be
> HIGHLY RELEVANT... But now??

> Someone would like to prove me wrong???????

I think Irish Blood is relevant and Mexico has a point but not very well articulated. However, I pretty much agree with what you've said.

Just where are his new ideas? I think he's bereft of inspiration. Perhaps, sadly he's run his course as a writer, it does happen with all kinds or artists. Sometimes the well runs dry and sometimes it never fills up again!
Morrissey's voice is better than ever but his songs not so.
Maybe now would be a time for that phonecall to patch things up with certain old firends. A Smiths reunion could be the inspiration for many new ideas.

> Maybe now would be a time for that phonecall to patch things up with
> certain old firends. A Smiths reunion could be the inspiration for many
> new ideas.

God, no way!!! call me crazy, but am I the only one that would not want to see The Smiths reform? Ok, maybe I would, but only, and I mean ONLY, for 1 or 2 shows tops. Like 1 big US show and maybe a big European show. That would be my ideal way to see it happen. It is all announced way ahead of time, and everyone gets time to make travel plans and stuff and descend on the special location like it's the coming of Jesus Christ or something. Let's face it. Re-union usually always suck, and they ruin a lot of the enigma behind the band, etc. I would really rather not see The Smiths do a huge world tour with like 80 shows, and some kinda new compilation album or something like that.......And you know, sorry, but I think that Moz's new songs are great. All of them. I personally feel that it has been his best material since "Vauxhall." So, I am not hung up on this debate at all. "The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores" is beautiful and now one of my fave Moz songs ever. As well as "Irish Blood." That song absolutely rocks. Anyways, I am very happy with all the new material I heard on this last tour. I am VERY excited for the album.

Yeah!

> God, no way!!! call me crazy, but am I the only one that would not want to
> see The Smiths reform? Ok, maybe I would, but only, and I mean ONLY, for 1
> or 2 shows tops. Like 1 big US show and maybe a big European show. That
> would be my ideal way to see it happen. It is all announced way ahead of
> time, and everyone gets time to make travel plans and stuff and descend on
> the special location like it's the coming of Jesus Christ or something.
> Let's face it. Re-union usually always suck, and they ruin a lot of the
> enigma behind the band, etc. I would really rather not see The Smiths do a
> huge world tour with like 80 shows, and some kinda new compilation album
> or something like that.......And you know, sorry, but I think that Moz's
> new songs are great. All of them. I personally feel that it has been his
> best material since "Vauxhall." So, I am not hung up on this
> debate at all. "The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores" is
> beautiful and now one of my fave Moz songs ever. As well as "Irish
> Blood." That song absolutely rocks. Anyways, I am very happy with all
> the new material I heard on this last tour. I am VERY excited for the
> album.

I totally agree with everything you've said here. The new songs are fantastic, and a Smiths reunion would probably be a disaster unless it was kept incredibly short.

> I think Irish Blood is relevant and Mexico has a point but not very well
> articulated. However, I pretty much agree with what you've said.

> Just where are his new ideas? I think he's bereft of inspiration. Perhaps,
> sadly he's run his course as a writer, it does happen with all kinds or
> artists. Sometimes the well runs dry and sometimes it never fills up
> again!
> Morrissey's voice is better than ever but his songs not so.
> Maybe now would be a time for that phonecall to patch things up with
> certain old firends. A Smiths reunion could be the inspiration for many
> new ideas.

you don't sound arrogant at all Foxy ,you sound rather one more (i didn't think you were) of those ignorant who thinks that just beacuse you are mexican you have to like Mana or Jaguares or Shakira (though she's not mexican).. that sort of latin crap or that they're/have been relevant in your life! , Morrissey needs to realise that mexicans are NOT only the ones that live in California or the borders !!, hello? when he played in Mexico city in 2000 there was not one single mexican-american (pochos)at all , -9500 people inside-they wouldn't fit there believe me.

That's not the answer

Please, no Smiths reunion! Johnny and Moz, working on NEW MATERIAL, fine, great, wonderful. But they could never recreate the past, and I wouldn't want to hear them try. And to see them playing happy families with Mike and Andy would just be a sham.

I do think there is a major problem in Camp Moz at the moment, but the solutions is not a Smiths reunion. Much as we'd all like to have them back it wouldn't be the same and it would spoil the magic and memories.

There are other ways Moz could become inspired again or to inject some life into his music, and all artists who go on for this long have ups and downs. His band seem to be on a downward spiral (I know you don't agree Sharron - but it seems clear to me and many others here), but there are many many many other fish in the sea! Let's hope Moz goes fishing, and soon.