Of Morrissey's 8 studio albums which has the best sleeve?

Of Morrissey's 8 studio albums which has the best sleeve?

• Total voters
I went with You Are The Quarry.

What on earth was he thinking with the Maladjusted sleeve?!

1. "southpaw grammar"

2. "viva hate"

3. "your arsenal"

(the rest of them are horrible)

Working backwards:

I like the latest effort.

I don't think Morrissey should hold a gun

??????????

I don't suppose even he could get away with all those photos of him made-up looking well 'ard.

Don't think his eyes should have been touched up

Very knowing!!!

I don't think Morrissey ever looked better! Preaching from a desolate moor.

Whats a face?

So Kill Uncle, even though it contains King Leer

I'm surprised YATQ is doing so well -- I remember many people disliked the image of the gun (was it the Aussie version that cropped it out?). I remember when that first large scan of the photo hit the internet, and after a 7 year drought seeing such a bold image made me flip. I cooled on it later -- I like the silver special ed. version of it better.

I chose Viva Hate, not necessarily because it's the best cover design wise, but it's the best photo of him -- very iconic. Album itself is middle to middle-low ranking.

For the trainspotters out there, why exactly was the shirt Moz wore in the November video re-coloured for the Bona Drag cover?

My ranking:

1. Viva Hate

2. Your Arsenal

3. You Are The Quarry

SilverQuarry.jpg

hard decision but I went with Viva Hate:p

Arsenal

then Kill Uncle

then Ringleader

Southpaw's sleeve is dire, and Quarry is not much better. In fact, most of my favourite Moz albums have the worst sleeves. Go figure!

The Ringleader cover is responsible for being a fan now. So, it's Ringleader. The photograph is the most impressive one I've ever seen. Don't ask me why. I just fell in love with it.

And I'm just listening to classical music and I have to look at the huge Ringleader photograph hanging on my wall all the time and just guess what idea I have? *always full of mischief* *rubbing my hands*

Yes, the next time when I'm in a record store I will take some copies of Ringleader and put them into the classic music department - very well spreaded. One into each corner and some in the middle. Always clear to see. I'm wondering what might happen, then. :D

I started loving Morrissey when I saw him in the YATQ sleeve...
So did I... But I didn't really know him before,to be honest!:rolleyes:
I really loved that sleeve when I saw it!I liked the contrast between the gentleness in Morrissey s' face (that was before I knew what's he is really like, ah ah ah-I am kidding-) and the threat of the gun;it shows the nice handsome gentleman is gonna send some bullets at everyone is his record,:eek: and I think it is very funny!:p And I love the orange color here too!:)

Last edited:
I always thought You Are The Quarry cover was very good, it's funny and memorable.

But still, my vote goes to Your Arsenal, because, well, you know. :)

The worst would be Maladjusted, but that's only if we don't count Live At Earl's Court...that was a really awful photo.

Indeed. Just today my 4 year-old daughter saw that pic and said, "That man is yucky." So on her behalf, I voted for Ringleader.
Well, that's just what a 4-year old would say :D She's not yet old enough to appreciate that photo. ;)

Kill Uncle is my favorite album cover period, let alone just of Morrissey's. I'm still trying to track down a large enough picture file of the Kill Uncle cover so I can print it on a t-shirt.

Back
Top Bottom