Off-topic discussion thread / moved as clogging other threads

I apologize to J.S for posting in the wrong thread. The lighting is poor in the servants' quarters. It's very upstairs downstairs here -even tho I'm technically upstairs-.
I have only a very vague idea who J.S is but I hope she's gonna be ok.
More Nature, less Cancer!
and fck M Walmart canspreading tshirts.

The subjects of your assertions often jump around without specification, making it difficult for the reader to determine who or what you are talking about. However, that first sentence is most revelatory. Since the site purports to include a HR department these days, are we to conclude that you are, despite many deceits to the contrary, a best friend on the payroll?

Maybe you're wrong. Maybe you are causing him harm. According to the libel advice, you are. I really used to think you intended the opposite :(

Yet each man kills the thing he loves
By each let this be heard,
Some do it with a bitter look,
Some with a flattering word,
The coward does it with a kiss,
The brave man with a sword!

Some kill their love when they are young,
And some when they are old;
Some strangle with the hands of Lust,
Some with the hands of Gold:
The kindest use a knife, because
The dead so soon grow cold.

Some love too little, some too long,
Some sell, and others buy;
Some do the deed with many tears,
And some without a sigh:
For each man kills the thing he loves,
Yet each man does not die.

- https://poets.org/poem/ballad-reading-gaol

You could cut to the chase & tell me why you think Donnie isn't a bad manager.

He's old - so it's not going to be the same as Quarry. But, it's not too late to have a well recieved cultural "moment" - a single, album, a documetary - something like that.
Your spelling is shocking, love.

I commend you for safeguarding the English language.
This is a common thing… people get so angry/move you to off-topic when you correct them.
I just don’t want her to look more stupid than she might actually be.

She (FWD) used the wrong word. If I noticed, others will have noticed.
Nerak is just stupid and can’t spell.

Last edited:
This is a common thing… people get so angry/move you to off-topic when you correct them.

I agree, I do, but…FWD is a she?!

Your post was moved as language pedantry didn't relate to the original thread's topic - accusations of 'anger' are redundant.
You were given a site warning for continuing to misgender myself.
Just for the record, I'll continue to communicate any way I choose.
Hope that helps.
FWD.

Apparently not. It’s a himself. And himself will give yourself a warning for not knowing that (and post about it, like some weird power play).
I always thought it was a guy. You’ll also get downvoted for not knowing this, apparently. Strange place this.

Fwd is not a guy, he's da man!!!! :rock:

You’ve done this a couple of times. The words me and myself aren’t interchangeable.
A lot of silly people think myself is some kind of formal version of me.

But isn't "myself" grammatically correct?

The project was completed by my intern.​
The project was completed by myself.​

The only problem with it is a kind of philosophical redundancy. It suggests you're in possession of a self, when in fact the self is you.

But isn't "myself" grammatically correct?

The project was completed by my intern.​
The project was completed by myself.​

The only problem with it is a kind of philosophical redundancy. It suggests you're in possession of a self, when in fact the self is you.
No. It’s just incorrect.

Attachments

• IMG_9698.jpeg
    IMG_9698.jpeg
    500.5 KB · Views: 0
It appears TheSmiths_1985 is correct about the modern convention, but a convention is just that. FWD's usage is archaic but grammatically fine.

Myself in these settings has been objected to since the late 19th century, though critics have never been able to put their collective finger on what's so bad about it. It's been called snobbish, unstylish, self-indulgent, self-conscious, old-fashioned, timorous, colloquial, informal, formal, nonstandard, incorrect, mistaken, literary, and unacceptable in formal written English.​
We find the usages, however, to be widespread even in literary sources dating back at least four centuries. While we no longer use myself alone as the subject of a verb, Shakespeare and Ben Jonson thought it was fine, as did Emily Dickinson:​
Somehow myself survived the night​
— Emily Dickinson, poem, 1871​

Back
Top Bottom