Q Magazine - Artists of the Century (Jan 2010 issue)

Lonsdale71

Just picked up the Q Magazine today (it's the January 2010 issue - some people are early :p) . The theme is "Artists of the century". All the usual suspects are on the cover: Amy Wino, U2, Oasis, Lily Allen, Kings of Leon, etc, etc.

No Morrissey of course.

However, You Are The Quarry was nominated as "the album of the century" by the UK comedian Harry Hill but it only made the 93 position.

Quarry the 93rd best album of the century? I think not.

Anyway, the 1st slot went to Amy Winehouse with "Back to Black". Does "black" refer to a certain type of heroin or maybe black solid cannabis resin? I don't know.

There was also a Lily Allen interview (if you're interested) where she was talking about having 3 (!) mental breakdowns, moaning about the paparazzi following her and buying a new 4-by-4 Land Rover ("only because she needs it").

Yet the poor bitch goes on about "carbon foot print"! I would like to see her Land Rover go up in flames.

Re: UK Q Magazine - Artists of the Century

Just picked up the Q Magazine today (it's the January 2010 issue - some people are early :p) . The theme is "Artists of the century". All the usual suspects are on the cover: Amy Wino, U2, Oasis, Lily Allen, Kings of Leon, etc, etc.

No Morrissey of course.

However, You Are The Quarry was nominated as "the album of the century" by the UK comedian Harry Hill but it only made the 93 position.

Quarry the 93rd best album of the century? I think not.

Anyway, the 1st slot went to Amy Winehouse with "Back to Black". Does "black" refer to a certain type of heroin or maybe black solid cannabis resin? I don't know.

There was also a Lily Allen interview (if you're interested) where she was talking about having 3 (!) mental breakdowns, moaning about the paparazzi following her and buying a new 4-by-4 Land Rover ("only because she needs it").

Yet the poor bitch goes on about "carbon foot print"! I would like to see her Land Rover go up in flames.

you do know you can stand in the shop and read these magazines without the need to buy

you do know you can stand in the shop and read these magazines without the need to buy

Or sit in the comfort of the local public Library? The one I go in has everything. Get something back for that Council Tax!

I don't like to do that. I think it's a bit strange. I prefer to buy magazines and book and read them on my own at home.

Back
Top Bottom