"Years Of Refusal" review in Q magazine March 09

Re: Q magazine

Ghosty, was just going to say the same thing. take a trip to your local record shop or supermarket and pull up a chair, packet of crisps and have a good read:guitar:

Jukebox Jury

Alternatively, take pics on your mobile phone if the quality is sufficiently good and read later. Like Mission Impossible, Get Smart, James Bond etc etc.

Re: "Years Of Refusal" review in Q magazine Feb 09

I think the Q magagazine review is nice - 3/5 seems a bit low when you actually read it ... I also believe that 4 would be more in accordance with the review.

Anyway - the 3 major reviews so far

Q - 3/5
Mojo - 3/5
Spin - 4/5

Anyway - the 3 major reviews so far

Q - 3/5
Mojo - 3/5
Spin - 4/5[/QUOTE]

I didnt see the MOJO review is it available online?

No, I haven't seen it either, maybe Sim Tappertit can help us. ;) :)

Just seen Mojo. Also 3 star.

I think we can maybe expect a general 3 star-ness coming up. I suspect Uncut will give it the same. Unless NME are begging to end the feud they'll probably give it a 6 or 7 out of 10 I guess. Maybe the broadsheets will be a bit more sympathetic, possibly Observer Music Monthly.

Either way I wouldn't call this a "backlash", but now that Morrissey is "back back back" as they say, a new album from him doesn't have quite the same sense of occasion to the press as it did with YATQ (The "comeback") and ROTT (proof that the "comeback" was no fluke, novelty of Visconti, Morricone etc). YOR is just "another" good Morrissey album with no distinguishing "gimmick" for them to make a big deal over other than the baby on the cover and a Jeff Beck solo.

i have a question,ok maybe is stupid ,but i will like to know if the review is in the february edition or in the march edition?

I think it's a good review, actually. It pretty much mimics my view of the album, so I would think that, wouldn't I? :p

Oh, a typo, never mind. I knew you meant veggie burger. :D
(..)A whopper would seriously make me throw up.

Whatever I said, I meant.:cool:
(Perfection will not be found in this world, Silke- Oh come on, don't cry!)

Part of the appeal of the whopper is that it's gross, and the other is that it's next to impossible for a dog to eat one without getting their ears durdy.

Watch: Woof-woof! slurp- smudge: gulp.

...Actually, I'd be just as happy if the burger was a veggie one, or even with a piece of cardboard, but noone at BK's has come up with the idea yet.

(End of off-topic.)

Tags
reviews
Back
Top Bottom