Question for the mods

You left off the part where you were creating a thread for each video (something like 20) in an attempt to distract from a story that you considered negative.

They were Morrissey videos! Way better than all the crap that was on the front page at that time!

You left off the part where you were creating a thread for each video (something like 20) in an attempt to distract from a story that you considered negative.

'an attempt to distract from a story you considered negative', are you for real? That is considered a banning offense?? LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
Skinny has many more threads where he considers anyone who buy a ticket for a Moz tour , a NAZI yet he is yet to be banned.

Ban Skinny otherwise spare us.

User 001, please look up your inbox.
Site administrator sent you two PMs on 30th June, 2018 which stated inappropriate behavior.
Your account has been suspended 12 months.

Users can't access their inbox on here when banned. I've tried. Any idea what date my ban ends on?

One year from that date, around June 30 the ban will be reconsidered.

Ok, whatever. But can you speed up posting anons comments, because the conversation flies at times, Dave.

I've just posted a comment regarding Bob Dylan's hat and already I want to post another about Allen Ginsberg and Patti Smith. While posting this comment I'm thinking about making some toast and whether or not I should tell you. Only joking. But, you know, time is precious, man!

I'm still banned...
It said "reconsidered." Maybe it was reconsidered and another year was added. The Manson family were reconsidered for parole many times and never got out.
Maybe "Dave" will look out the window and see the nukes launching and unban you so you can say goodbye.

I wish David with his love for free speech and defense of people allowed to post as anons would create a crew of mods that were non partisan cause the way some get away with murder here and replies are not even posted means some have it all too easy.
By defending some posters biased mods are making fools of themselves and should be reminded of who they actually work for.
This place should not be moderated by forum members and fans but by impartial professionals.

It's not news to anyone that there is definite support for racists on this forum, just look at all of their comments and all of the complaints about those comments. Nothing is done. Nothing is ever done. BUT lots of people post anti-racist messages that are never posted?!?!

Davidt should let everyone using this site know (rule and regs) that their ISP can be tracked, easily by anyone who accesses this forum. It's also been claimed in the forum (not sure if this is true or not) that registered users can see the ISP of every poster. I somehow doubt that but I don't know.

It's not news to anyone that there is definite support for racists on this forum, just look at all of their comments and all of the complaints about those comments. Nothing is done. Nothing is ever done. BUT lots of people post anti-racist messages that are never posted?!?!

Davidt should let everyone using this site know (rule and regs) that their ISP can be tracked, easily by anyone who accesses this forum. It's also been claimed in the forum (not sure if this is true or not) that registered users can see the ISP of every poster. I somehow doubt that but I don't know.
And then people who wish to would use a VPN and then what?

Question: why do moderators actively support racist, bigots, homophobes and all-round haters?

This site is f***ed. Totally f***ed. Moderators have been blocking and continue to block posts. It's about as far from free speech as it is possible to get.

users posts: hateful racist comments that are tan·ta·mount to hate speech / absolutely hate speech.
moderator: refuses to allow other users to respond using the same language or imagery

user posts: hateful homophbic comments that are absolutely hate speech / absolutely hate speech..
moderator: refuses to allow other users to respond using the same language or imagery

and so it goes on ....

4 photos today. Blocked. Blocked because they responded directly to attacks made: using the same language. Just who are they protecting (well, I know that, at least) and why?

The site is now very loosely about Morrissey with most threads descending into alt-right propaganda paltforms. I say axe it. Hate like this is not acceptable. It's not human and it's not kind. But ... someone somewhere is either making money or fulfilling an agenda and there's only one strangehold agenda in this forum.

Question: why do moderators actively support racist, bigots, homophobes and all-round haters?

This site is f***ed. Totally f***ed. Moderators have been blocking and continue to block posts. It's about as far from free speech as it is possible to get.

users posts: hateful racist comments that are tan·ta·mount to hate speech / absolutely hate speech.

user posts: hateful homophbic comments that are absolutely hate speech / absolutely hate speech..

and so it goes on ....

4 photos today. Blocked. Blocked because they responded directly to attacks made: using the same language. Just who are they protecting (well, I know that, at least) and why?

The site is now very loosely about Morrissey with most threads descending into alt-right propaganda paltforms. I say axe it. Hate like this is not acceptable. It's not human and it's not kind. But ... someone somewhere is either making money or fulfilling an agenda and there's only one strangehold agenda in this forum.

Stop posting the same images over and over, stay on the topic of the thread and you may not be blocked. Also, other posts may be blocked but you wouldn't know about it because you didn't see it get blocked.

Last edited:
Stop posting the same images over and over, stay on the topic of the thread and you may not be blocked. Also, other posts may be blocked but you wouldn't know about it because you didn't see it get blocked.

This is at best disingenuous. The images I referred to were posted to each individual comment made by other users. Are you suggesting that there can be no repetition on Morrissey-Solo? Or are you saying that comments can be repeated, if written, but not with imagery? Where is this stated within your site rules? You state "other posts may be blocked but you wouldn't know about it because you didn't see it get blocked." I don't disagree that this probably occurs. However, if there is an overwhelming number of racist, homophobic etc. comments appearing on the site, and you claim that there are also comments that you are blocking, isn't that an indication, an acknowledgement even, that there is a problem?

If your argument is one of repetition, and that repetition is not allowed, why then do you allow repeated posts from racists, anti-semites and homophobes etc.; specifically when this has been brought to your attention? All of them saying they same thing, we hate e.g.: blacks, asians, muslims, jews, immigrants, gays, lesbians and that these grouping are responsible for all of the world's ills. It's all there in your website. A Morrissey / Smiths fan site. Why?

As for "stay on topic" - did you intend that as a joke? Just about every thread over the last few months - no matter what the content - has been reduced, and reduced with alacrity, in support of alt-right views that include but are in no way limited to: homophobia, racism, paedophilia, religious intolerance and misogyny; so much so that the site, as you are aware, has been reported to the police (UK) for incitement to hate crime.

There are roughly 4 key protagonists; 2 of whom have posted what must be thousands of comments in recent months that fail to "stay on topic" within threads. Can we expect, given that users must stay on topic that when this occurs in future i.e as from today, you will block these off-topic posts?

I have no desire to suppress anyone's freedom of speech or freedom of expression, despite what others may claim. Discourse relating to e.g. racism and homophobia assist to remind people: that these issues continue to exist and that LGBT people, and people of ethnic origin, continue to be persecuted for who they are. Hate speech however is a very different matter and this site is currently colluding with it.

I have used the site extensively over a good number of years. I'm fully aware that love, peace nor harmony ever existed within it's pages but neither did blind, escalating hatred of minority groups. Please stop the escalating racism, homophobia, religious intolerance and misogyny etc. It's in your gift to do it.

I wasn't expecting a reply. I thank you for that.

I think you may be thinking there are different rules for anonymous posts vs. those of registered users and that is actually true. Registered users can post, go off-topic or whatever without being moderated. If there is a violation, then a post may be removed but it's pretty rare. If you want to post more freely, why don't you simply create an account?

You may think you're being targeted but when looking at anonymous posts to approve, I look at the topic of the thread and if the post is on-topic. If it's a personal attack not related to the thread it may not be approved. If it is an image that has been repeated it may be approved but if it's been repeated several times it may not have been. Other mods may not have seen the same image so it may have gone through also, there certainly may be inconsistency. Generally, if you want to participate as an anonymous person, stay on the topic of the thread and don't be redundant.

Now if what you want is to actually censor others, then I can see why you want to be upset but you should probably go somewhere else.

This is at best disingenuous. The images I referred to were posted to each individual comment made by other users. Are you suggesting that there can be no repetition on Morrissey-Solo? Or are you saying that comments can be repeated, if written, but not with imagery? Where is this stated within your site rules? You state "other posts may be blocked but you wouldn't know about it because you didn't see it get blocked." I don't disagree that this probably occurs. However, if there is an overwhelming number of racist, homophobic etc. comments appearing on the site, and you claim that there are also comments that you are blocking, isn't that an indication, an acknowledgement even, that there is a problem?

If your argument is one of repetition, and that repetition is not allowed, why then do you allow repeated posts from racists, anti-semites and homophobes etc.; specifically when this has been brought to your attention? All of them saying they same thing, we hate e.g.: blacks, asians, muslims, jews, immigrants, gays, lesbians and that these grouping are responsible for all of the world's ills. It's all there in your website. A Morrissey / Smiths fan site. Why?

As for "stay on topic" - did you intend that as a joke? Just about every thread over the last few months - no matter what the content - has been reduced, and reduced with alacrity, in support of alt-right views that include but are in no way limited to: homophobia, racism, paedophilia, religious intolerance and misogyny; so much so that the site, as you are aware, has been reported to the police (UK) for incitement to hate crime.

There are roughly 4 key protagonists; 2 of whom have posted what must be thousands of comments in recent months that fail to "stay on topic" within threads. Can we expect, given that users must stay on topic that when this occurs in future i.e as from today, you will block these off-topic posts?

I have no desire to suppress anyone's freedom of speech or freedom of expression, despite what others may claim. Discourse relating to e.g. racism and homophobia assist to remind people: that these issues continue to exist and that LGBT people, and people of ethnic origin, continue to be persecuted for who they are. Hate speech however is a very different matter and this site is currently colluding with it.

I have used the site extensively over a good number of years. I'm fully aware that love, peace nor harmony ever existed within it's pages but neither did blind, escalating hatred of minority groups. Please stop the escalating racism, homophobia, religious intolerance and misogyny etc. It's in your gift to do it.

You are an anti-free speech extremist wanting to shut down the viewpoints of others just because you disagree with them. Your method is to label every comment that personally offends you as 'hate speech' - as somehow illegal to even utter. This to me sounds like somebody who needs to either grow up or grow a thicker skin.

Morrissey has issued statements that you presumably disagree with also - comments some people perceive as 'racist' - should his free expression be blocked too?

This is the freedom we enjoy in democratic countries: our free thought and expression to object to whatever we choose. It seems however that you are most hurt that this site has finally become a place with a diversity of opinion. This has obviously riled you as you'd prefer it to be a refuge for ex-fans to slag off Morrissey because they disagree with a couple of his political viewpoints.

As Moz has made countless comments in recent years about mass immigration and its negative effects upon his beloved England, then of course that's going to be a subject discussed more than frequently by the many fans who agree with his viewpoints - and elaborated on. If you find the subject jars against your sensibilities then the answer is to not visit this site any more. You have the free choice. Move on. Find a forum where everyone agrees with your opinions and there is no threat of ever being offended (I've never heard of one but they may exist).

I find your constant whining about having contacted the police, stonewall, internet providers etc over your hurt feelings so ludicrous I have to question if you even live in the real world as we know it, or some kind of safe-space bubble full of ridiculously intolerant people like yourself.

Embrace tolerance. Either debate against viewpoints you disagree with (and stop putting up gigantic memes etc that simply litter the site) or, feeling yourself inadequately skilled to engage in this manner, you are free to bow out and turn your attention elsewhere. That's how it works for everybody else in life and you are no exception - so I'd advise you stop thinking you are.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom