Relationship Deal Breakers...

interesting, I was just thinking about this given my current situation :o
and while I agree with most listed by others here* I've discovered some new "deal breakers" for me:
1. English language skills above "the basic" or a willingness to learn which means not constantly second guessing what you say to me, if I say I understand, then I do :)
on the other hand, if you really don't understand what I am saying, then don't pretend you do, I can slow down or repeat or try to simplify what I am saying to you :thumb:
2. this one really should be my number 1 because I can endure most problems but this one and that is:
people who are not into music, not "my music" they just have to be into any kind of music, or music in general
I find that music really matters to me and don't understand people that it does not to, for me it literally is like they are from not just another country
but another planet :straightface:

*=except the prison thing, I'd find it fascinating to date someone jailed for "anti-government activities" which happens to be a common reason a woman goes to jail here :cool:

I agree with the music thing. I have a great distrust of people that aren't into music at all.

I know someone who keeps saying things like Gary Barlow is a great songwriter, I couldn't be emotionally attached to someone like that either. Basically being a general twat would be a deal breaker.

How about the use of homophones? Anybody put off by someone who can't use 'to' and 'too' properly or 'their' and 'there?'

My only relationship deal breaker is - will she take it up the butt?

How about the use of homophones? Anybody put off by someone who can't use 'to' and 'too' properly or 'their' and 'there?'

YES. Most definitely.
Hypothetical situation, of course....but never differentiating is nearly as unacceptable as him still living with his soon to be ex wife. :rolleyes:

YES. Most definitely.
Hypothetical situation, of course....but never differentiating is nearly as unacceptable as him still living with his soon to be ex wife. :rolleyes:

:lbf:

I knew a guy once, years ago, who was living with his ex girlfriend. They had a child together who was precious. I really liked this guy a lot. He was smart, handsome, and super funny. We worked together and became great friends then started flirting. We had real chemistry. I knew his living situation... sort of. Well, he picked me up one night and took me back to his--their--place. Then proceeded to give me the grand tour of the condo. A two bedroom condo, that is. The daughter had her own room. Which meant? You guessed it. They shared a bedroom--still. Not only that, they shared a bed. A full size bed. Not king or queen. Full. To me it looked like a f***ing twin, by that point. Needless to say, it was a deal breaker. I was too idealistic and young back then. Still might be... idealistic, that is.

- - - Updated - - -

Have seen this before. Too funny. :lbf:

Last edited by a moderator:
Screen shot 2014-02-20 at 11.55.41 PM.png

Bad teeth! I met a guy when I was in school who was absolutely adorable and we had so much in common, but I couldn't get past the fact that his teeth were hideous. I think it may have kept me from getting to know him better.

I agree with the music thing. I have a great distrust of people that aren't into music at all.

I know someone who keeps saying things like Gary Barlow is a great songwriter, I couldn't be emotionally attached to someone like that either. Basically being a general twat would be a deal breaker.
that made me laugh once I looked up who he is :o:lbf:

Bad teeth! I met a guy when I was in school who was absolutely adorable and we had so much in common, but I couldn't get past the fact that his teeth were hideous. I think it may have kept me from getting to know him better.
yep, I've spent 2 months salary on getting my teeth fixed and its been worth every penny*, reading stuff like the above is just another reminder of why :thumb:

*=they don't use pennies here, the smallest coin is 0.1 Yuan/rmb and its called either a Jiao(Mandarin), Hou(Cantonese) or Mao(Sichuan, the dialect they speak where I am right now)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom