Royal Albert Hall

R

Regan

Hi,

I'm going to the Albert Hall on the 17th, but all my friends hate Morrissey (or any decent music, come to that), so I'm all alone. Anyone fancy meeting for a drink/Moz discussions (if you have five seconds to spare...). Its my first Moz concert, so it'd be nice to talk to ppl bout it. As always, letters to the usual adress...:)

> Hi,

> I'm going to the Albert Hall on the 17th, but all my friends hate
> Morrissey (or any decent music, come to that), so I'm all alone. Anyone
> fancy meeting for a drink/Moz discussions (if you have five seconds to
> spare...). Its my first Moz concert, so it'd be nice to talk to ppl bout
> it. As always, letters to the usual adress...:)

Regan.. I am sure there will be a lot of who will be meeting up. see earlier posts.. Keep an eye on the board and a venue will be suggested!

My mates don't see what the fuss in Morrissey either strangely enough!

Its gonna be a great nite.What a cracking set list eh??

I keep having a row with one of my mates who thinks Paul Heaton is a better song writer than Sir Moz.

Paul Heaton writes songs for sales reps in Ford Modeos for gods sake.

I think with the shows selling so fast and no real media push it go's to show how much Morrissey is in the heart of UK indie music lovers.

> Regan.. I am sure there will be a lot of who will be meeting up. see
> earlier posts.. Keep an eye on the board and a venue will be suggested!

> My mates don't see what the fuss in Morrissey either strangely enough!

Paul Heaton is a great songwriter, but that irony of his comes across as p**staking at times. Moz is more gentle, subtle and genuine.

> Its gonna be a great nite.What a cracking set list eh??

> I keep having a row with one of my mates who thinks Paul Heaton is a
> better song writer than Sir Moz.

> Paul Heaton writes songs for sales reps in Ford Modeos for gods sake.

> I think with the shows selling so fast and no real media push it go's to
> show how much Morrissey is in the heart of UK indie music lovers.

Re: PAUL HEATON

> I keep having a row with one of my mates who thinks Paul Heaton is a
> better song writer than Sir Moz.

I think your mate might have a point. Paul Heaton has outlasted Morrissey. When The Smiths split up, Morrissey went into decline, but since Heaton formed The Beautiful South his songwriting has flourished. He writes about everyday life that most lads do..... boring mundane jobs, falling in love, shit political parties, going to the pub & getting pissed, pulling & failing to pull woman, phoney celebs etc etc etc & all in a piss taking very British manner.....

Paul Heaton is also an everyday bloke who likes to get pissed, go down the football & wear decent clobber, where Morrissey is a bit of a weirdo.

> Paul Heaton writes songs for sales reps in Ford Modeos for gods sake.

I'm sure there are some Morrissey fans who work in offices, drive company cars & wear suits to nightclubs........ So what's your average Morrissey fan?

Back
Top Bottom