Scott Rodger (Maverick) leaks Morrissey information and email re: Bonfire / Miley via X (October 17, 2023)

There's been drama!

20231017_090414.jpg

20231017_090437.jpg

IMG_20231017_085912.jpg

Related item:

Last edited:
I can hear it just fine. I don't think it adds much flavor, nor is it a particularly dynamic or useful utilization of Miley's talent, and I do think she is a fairly talented singer in her own way

I can hear it just fine. I don't think it adds much flavor, nor is it a particularly dynamic or useful utilization of Miley's talent, and I do think she is a fairly talented singer in her own way

Well that’s all very very subjective. Fair enough.

I don’t really know what Miley’s talent is, or how it can be used in the chorus of a Morrissey song.

All that I know is … I like what I hear.

And thinking it would help him 700% shows that he's lost any objectivity about his music.
It maybe would help him financially to sell more records, but he sure as hell has done a massive U-turn regarding working with respectable artists who have similar stances to himself. I just don't get it because M and The Smiths are not even in the same hemisphere as MC.

It maybe would help him financially to sell more records, but he sure as hell has done a massive U-turn regarding working with respectable artists who have similar stances to himself. I just don't get it because M and The Smiths are not even in the same hemisphere as MC.
The only way it makes sense to me is that what matters to them most in the current moment when it comes to collaborators is the genuine affection and respect they have professed and demonstrated for him and his work – pursuing principal vanguards, or people in a similar mileu doesn't seem to be as much of a priority as it once arguably was.

On that score, whatever one's personal assessment of Miley's artistry is, she has been really vocal (and, in my estimation, genuinely so about her love The Smiths and Morrissey. She was a vegan for several years and has also been fairly open about the grind and commodification of recording artists – which I know is ironic for a woman who got her start on the Disney conveyor belt, but still I think there is enough affection and ethos to be shared between the two of them

It maybe would help him financially to sell more records, but he sure as hell has done a massive U-turn regarding working with respectable artists who have similar stances to himself.

I just don't get it because M and The Smiths are not even in the same hemisphere as MC.

think it was for the ‘shock’ angle, and the novelty, oddity of it. Of course the value of that wouldn’t last long, but it would be a good start for the initial push.

I mean, if Noel Gallagher sang back up, it simply would be greeted with .. ‘that’s nice’.

The only way it makes sense to me is that what matters to them most in the current moment when it comes to collaborators is the genuine affection and respect they have professed and demonstrated for him and his work – pursuing principal vanguards, or people in a similar mileu doesn't seem to be as much of a priority as it once arguably was.

On that score, whatever one's personal assessment of Miley's artistry is, she has been really vocal (and, in my estimation, genuinely so about her love The Smiths and Morrissey. She was a vegan for several years and has also been fairly open about the grind and commodification of recording artists – which I know is ironic for a woman who got her start on the Disney conveyor belt, but still I think there is enough affection and ethos to be shared between the two of them
I think it's fine he collaborated with Miley (backing vocals). I just don't see it being the big boost to his career (or BOT sales) that he thought it would.

The more I think about it, the more it seems like a calculated move to mention her involvement on Central (knowing perfectly well MC wasn't supposed to be named). He probably thought he was forcing everyone's hand. Maybe that's why he only seems concerned with what Miley wants and not what's legally required.

He probably never thought Capitol would block the release of BOT since they had a financial stake... his advance. If that's what happened it profoundly backfired, and now it's even worse because it's public. Of course, mentioning Miley's involvement might have been an innocent mistake... but it seems doubtful... it's clear how much her being named meant to him.

Last edited:
I think Morrissey should let the album come out without Miley, I really should. Just mute her vocal and move on, unlock his career. This could all be sorted in a day.

If he is so desperate for us to hear her vocal he can arrange for it to be leaked after the album has launched. Everyone now knows it’s her, if he times it right he could get a bit of second phase interest in the song and maybe the album. Not something her generally gets.
Yes, just blur her vocals into something funny like a robot voice or anything cool, so that everyone with intel knows who's hiding there... behind her management / record company, after showing up in the studio like "Hey I'll be on your album -or after all, I may not, cause I might not care actually"!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom