Scott Rodger (Maverick) leaks Morrissey information and email re: Bonfire / Miley via X (October 17, 2023)

There's been drama!

20231017_090414.jpg

20231017_090437.jpg

IMG_20231017_085912.jpg

Related item:

Last edited:
Yeah, Miley must do interviews and promotion.
And seriously no journalist has thought of asking her about this for the last two years? It’d be interesting to know her stance.

Seems obvious that her interview questions get vetted by PR person/management, they
seem to have a strong hold over her decision
making. Unfortunately, it’s a business where
the artists popularity depends upon how willing they are to play it’s game.

He’s not going to buy it back. That’s for sure.

I think there’s a better chance of Without Music the World Dies getting released next year.

Oh dear...

Something that has been on my mind and the email exchange makes me think this a bit more, is that BoT and Notre-Dame were both written and recorded to capitalise on atrocities for more money and fame. We know he asked for a Throwing My Arms Around Paris re-release and I fear these songs were written with the same cynical intent. The man is desperate and it shows.

Shame.

As a long time fan (35 years) who has been vastly disappointed in Morrissey's decline in songwriting, style, image and concert performances in the last decade, it's very sad to see Morrissey (in his own words no less) be this pathetic and desperate. It's not something I want to mock or make fun of, it just makes me sad. Miley Cyrus is a pissant compared to Morrissey and his desperation oozes from that email at the thought that he may not be able to exploit her name to push his single. As if his career depends on it.

Of course we knew the album not being released was all Morrissey's doing, but to see his own pleas and defiant, self sabotaging behavior in his own words is next level.

The fact that this album (which I doubt is something I'd enjoy anyway) is not releasable due to Morrissey's fixation with the likes of Miley Cyrus is a level of unfathomable cringe.

A sad day honestly, we've hit the basement.
I highly doubt Morrissey has a fixation with Miley Virus, more of a fixation with the British press and record labels. He sees MC’s inclusion on the album as a point scored against the Guardian and other media outlets who ‘have it in for him’. I remember the days when Moz would recoil and run like an Olympic sprinter to distance himself from mainstream pop-stars who were desperate to use, exploit, or collaborate (e.g, Robbie Williams, Noel Gallagher). It’s a sad reflection of his current lack of position and reputation if he now requires the very people he once avoided like The Great Plague of London. Morrissey has only himself to blame for inviting a mainstream-controlled, lock-jawed pop-star into his world and expecting anything except self-preservation and desertion when the going inevitably gets tough. As usual, Morrissey’s ongoing war the British press continues to poison everything he holds dear.

I'm fairly sure that Miley recorded the vocals before signing a big new contract herself a few months later. It might explain why she was free and willing to do Veronica at the time, but also doesn't want to ruffle feathers with her label now.

Where do things go from here, now that all the cards are on the table? Will some die-hards do a crowdfunding to repay Morrissey's advance?
That guy who hired the plane to fly over Capitol with a banner obviously has cash to burn - he can buy it back and give it to Mozi as a Christmas present.

So I have a question, Moz couldn't say she was on the song Veronica, but he could have her sing on Veronica no problem? Kind of a silly stipulation honestly that makes no sense

Well no, Syncofi/and/or Moz. We've already played the "Just blame it on Miley"-game last year, then he backed out of it and blamed solely Capitol. Now that's not a very believable option anymore and now we are back to "Miley should have been honest to poor Uncle Moz"? Just no. Maybe she didn't tell him personally but at least her management did. He knew. And again - to sing/play on someone's record and go uncredited is so absolutely common and often times everybody knows regardless (e.g. Eddie van Halen on Beat it). But blasting it out to get your will and clout just was a mistake and to also put pressure on her to her admitting to it/openly standing with the song=publicity. And he's been lying about the Bonfire-situation all along. Like in the beginning with Miley not on the song he drops hints and lets everybody suggest the worst, so his fans attack them. He's been caught, end of. He should do damage control now. But we certainly don't need him / eh sorry Fiona try to desperately spin around the truth.

Yeah, Miley must do interviews and promotion.
And seriously no journalist has thought of asking her about this for the last two years? It’d be interesting to know her stance.

sometimes these people can become very annoying gate keepers who overthink things and overreact. its hard to imagine hows she or anyone is damaged by the premature announcement, again everyone would know so theres not really plausible deniability, of there collaboration when theres such an intimate pic of her and he all over the place. it makes me wonder if she wanted to and her advisers said oh you dont wanna be associated with him and they compromised and then pounced when he broke the meaningless agreement with her management team. i think a lot of artists like morrissey but i dont think there pr/management do and they, the artists, end up making these cautious bland hedging statements. in mileys case i would imagine that her management is telling reporters not to ask about it but it would be harder to avoid if these things were asked by fans on public social media and it would associate them anyway publicly which is what i think her management is afraid of. like yes morrissey blabbed, how does that affect anything and if theyre afraid of association campaigns like this would put pressure on that and shed have to say how shes affected or damaged, why if she felt a certain did she hug and collaborate at all or say she bowed to label pressure and allowed herself to be censored which doesnt look good for her. take the questions to her publicsocial accounts and see whats said or at least cause some frustration for her team

So I have a question, Moz couldn't say she was on the song Veronica, but he could have her sing on Veronica no problem? Kind of a silly stipulation honestly that makes no sense
People speculated throughout, but her name wasn't linked to it in any fashion until he announced it on stage. The live presentation of the backing vocal did make it clearer, but he officially confirmed it via:

"The backing vocals that you hear were done magnificently by Miley Cyrus. To whom I am forever a slave, gardner, dog walker, pest controller... Um, Miley couldn't be here tonight or any night, but I luff you" (July, 2022),

Everything remained OK until November 14, 2022 where the album was delayed to February, 2023 - 11 days later, Capitol managed a worldwide release of Rebels...
Then it all falls to bits in December, 2022.
Had he said nothing - who knows?
FWD.

boz, alain, gus, mando, matt w (and the others) all feeling pretty great about not being in this band rn

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom