Smiths Nirvana Super Band

K

Kurtsey Jobain

Well we all know that The Smiths aren't ever going to reform because of the Mike Joyce/Andy Rourke court case. But both Morrissey and Johnny Marr has left open the idea of working together, as Morrissey and Marr.

If this were to happen, they still need an excellent rhythm section. What a dream it would be if Krist Novoselic and Dave Grohl joined up! Imagine it, the best band of the 80's merged with the best band of the 90's.

Sure, some would argue that Morrissey and Marr combined wouldn't match up to the extraordinary talents of Kurt Cobain himself, but we can't bring Kurt back from the dead, can we? Let's start a petition to have these 4 start working together ASAP! Imagine it, they can call themselves The Buddsmiths. WOW!

> If this were to happen, they still need an excellent rhythm section. What
> a dream it would be if Krist Novoselic and Dave Grohl joined up! Imagine
> it, the best band of the 80's merged with the best band of the 90's.

how about teaming up with Sly and Robbie, the best rythm duo from the 80's. We would have an 80's super band. And Moz and Marr could play reggae tunes. Panic in the streets of Kingston, panic in the streets of Montego Bay, Sweet and Tender Gunmans. Knowhattamean?

i have often imagined this myself!!!!! i am altogether unsure as to how that would sound, though.
and there really is no such thing as a nirvana without kurt? it was an entire commradiary between the three. sigh.

> Well we all know that The Smiths aren't ever going to reform because of
> the Mike Joyce/Andy Rourke court case. But both Morrissey and Johnny Marr
> has left open the idea of working together, as Morrissey and Marr.

> If this were to happen, they still need an excellent rhythm section. What
> a dream it would be if Krist Novoselic and Dave Grohl joined up! Imagine
> it, the best band of the 80's merged with the best band of the 90's.

> Sure, some would argue that Morrissey and Marr combined wouldn't match up
> to the extraordinary talents of Kurt Cobain himself, but we can't bring
> Kurt back from the dead, can we? Let's start a petition to have these 4
> start working together ASAP! Imagine it, they can call themselves The
> Buddsmiths. WOW!

Re: Not Blacksmiths it would be The Nirsmiths i think. or Vanasmiths?

i have often imagined this myself!!!!! i am altogether unsure as to how
> that would sound, though.
> and there really is no such thing as a nirvana without kurt? it was an
> entire commradiary between the three. sigh.===
They could form a partnership or allience??

> i have often imagined this myself!!!!! i am altogether unsure as to how
> that would sound, though.
> and there really is no such thing as a nirvana without kurt? it was an
> entire commradiary between the three. sigh.

Well I think it would sound like Morrissey and Marr (The Smiths?), but with a harder rhythm section, i.e. much louder and more dynamic drums while the bass would be a bit more bouncy.

Something great, methinks. Basically an "updated" Smiths with a harder sound, which I guess would make it closer to "today's sound", whether that's good or bad.

have you seen the new nirvana box set dvd?!! there's no way marr and morrissey could ever be as great as some of the stuff on here. the cover of "seasons in the sun" with kurt on drums, dave on bass and krist on guitar is more heart-wrenching than anything the smiths/morrissey has ever come up with, including "asleep". the difference between kurt and morrissey is kurt actually wore his emotions on his sleeve and lived it. he walked the walk and he killed himself in the most violent way possible at the very height of his success. morrissey just pretended to be sad, but then did everything he could to become popular and now he's grown old. "get off the stage" indeed. the best thing that could have happened to morrissey and the smiths were if he died at age 27, when the smiths ended or probably before. then they would have drifted into immortality and greatness and we could have only wondered what may have happened and the music that could have been. sadly now, we know.

Back
Top Bottom