Smiths references in new Manchester City hooligan book

Jukebox Jury

Retired
I was given a copy of this new Man City hooligan book and it contains a few Smiths quotes.
At the introduction, it says ''I am the sweet and tender hooligan and I swear that I'll never never do it again (and of course he wont, well not until the next time).

There is also a chapter, when the hooligan was in Strangeways during the riots, entitled (predictably..) 'Strangeways Here We Come'

There's also be the odd lyric thrown in during sentences that only a fan could pick out and I can't remember what they were right now but will post a few more up if I remember. Seems like the writer was a bit of a fan;)
Oh, at the acknowledgements, he says..'and to all those Blues who I ran with.... the pleasure, the privilage was mine'.

Here's the book info
http://www.empire-uk.com/sully.html

Jukebox Jury

Last edited:
i always swear i'll never, ever do it again as well:rolleyes: are you a hooligan jj?:eek:

Me? A hoolie? No chance.... luckily I was a fast runner in my youth (you needed to be, being chased across Stanley Park or along Priory Road back to the coaches:eek:) so was never involved. but saw plenty of action over the years.

Jukebox Jury

Me? A hoolie? No chance.... luckily I was a fast runner in my youth (you needed to be, being chased across Stanley Park or along Priory Road back to the coaches:eek:) so was never involved. but saw plenty of action over the years.

Jukebox Jury

i hope you will be coming again in feb. the beast awaits at aforementioned venue, complete with snooker ball in sock:guitar:

Back
Top Bottom