smiths things to see in manchester,london

granted i went during the day to salford lads, i never once got the impression of a bad neighborhood or maybe having probs during the night there. phil (sorry i forget your name on here) was driving us around and we also drove past another part that he said was bad but again, it didnt seem that bad for me. maybe cause i lived in ghetto brooklyn? haha

i have heard from touring bands from the states calling manchester "gunchester" and having probs but whatevs. MAYBE waiting for a bus at piccadilly gardens seemed a little sketchy late at night besides that.. i just dont see it!

make sure you walk behind the new hacienda along that canal. they have all these plaques on the wall of bands an the first year they played there. of course theres a smiths one!

p.s. def pick up that book!

went in Jan this year

also went to the Holy Name Church although i cant find the picture at the moment and Moz's childhood home (just drove by, i thought it to be a bit strange standing outside someones house and take pictures)..

i'll be back in Nov..
need to go to the Southern Cemetary and any other spots that come up on in this thread!

bigmouthxxx...where are you from, CA by any chance?

Last edited:
nope,
from florida.
pretty excited to get back over there. end of nov.

i'm going to try and get a hold of that book before i leave.
what part? i just moved to orlando 3 weeks ago.
yea im planning to get back over there soon again too! hopefully ill be on tour so it will be free haha.

The Mathew st festival was great wasn't it? :) The Smiths Indeed were good said:
yes, I go every year. I did see the queen band,they were great(best ones)
I like the bands who get into it. I wanted to see Bowie but my mate wanted to see James Taylor? so we compromised and watched madonna who was funny and camp.
I am disappointed it doesn't go on as late as it use to (10ish) but you can always go inside the pubs and bars.
imagine a morrissey and smiths stage,just for them. wow, if I get excited over tributes the real thing would make my life more bearable.

yes, I go every year. I did see the queen band,they were great(best ones)
I like the bands who get into it. I wanted to see Bowie but my mate wanted to see James Taylor? so we compromised and watched madonna who was funny and camp.
I am disappointed it doesn't go on as late as it use to (10ish) but you can always go inside the pubs and bars.
imagine a morrissey and smiths stage,just for them. wow, if I get excited over tributes the real thing would make my life more bearable.

The guy really went for it as mercury I thought, ooo I saw Bowie on Tithebarn st, he was really good :)
The Madonna one was camp, you shoulda seen the take that one :eek:
Yeh it did finish quite early this year, I carried on the party in the bars though :D although, I couldn't move for all the peopel :o
haha Moz slummin it at the mathew st festival would make my life aswell tbh

Back
Top Bottom